What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Invisible Analogue Clock Hands

frankvdb

Reaction score

This is what it looks like in the dark (but not yet completely dark).
Not easy to see the hands.
They could have used kobalt to make the hands glow in the dark.

richard.au

Reaction score
it's called an artistic impression - it's for style, not function, use the digital clock if you want the real time :)

all said, I don't have a problem with viewing the dial at night.

I have my backlighting set to the lowest possible value. My car interior looks very nice at night :)

A recent female friend, upon getting in and taking a look around, could hardly stop herself from feeling the leather and putting her hands all over the dashboard and cabin. I realised how spoilt I am and get used to the interior, until a newbie gets in and gets excited by it all. :) (hey, I know it's not clock related, but it's styling related - the 'look' of the clock).

frankvdb

Reaction score
If you have the NG4 there is only a digital clock in the navigation screen.
I often have that screen turned off at night to improve road view.
Also when playing some disc, time is not shown on the screen so IMO the analogue clock should have better visible hands .

richard.au

Reaction score
TomC said:
richard.au said:
...putting her hands all over the dashboard.

That's what you told your wife, right?

:D :eusa-whistle:

:) someone had to pick that up :)

What wife, anyway? Maybe I should get myself one of those ;)

richard.au

Reaction score
frankvdb said:
If you have the NG4 there is only a digital clock in the navigation screen.
I often have that screen turned off at night to improve road view.
Also when playing some disc, time is not shown on the screen so IMO the analogue clock should have better visible hands .

Thanks frank, I had wondered if the ng4 affects night driving. I don't do satnav, so I have the amber clock and data display.

I was looking at the clock tonight with you in mind. I'd agree it's not high contrast, the hands on my clock are grey with backlight. But it's still ok, just there is mostly black and grey. I'll try to take a photo if I remember tomorrow night, see if my clock looks any different to yours. I'm no real help other then that tho.