What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Invisible Analogue Clock Hands

dr29dr29

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is anyone actually able to see the hands on their analogue clock after dark ?

The clock dial lights up ok, and all the other instruments seem to have pointers that light up at night - but the clock hands don't, making them virtually invisible.

I have no idea if all the clocks are like this . . . . or maybe I just have a bulb gone ?

David

richard.au

Reaction score
i just got in from a night out. you're right, the hands are only back lit, so at night you get the silouette.

It's one of those situations where what you are not seeing is what you're seeing :) ie, the dark void tells you the time :) ... whoa, this is getting deeper then i thought.

A

Anonymous

Richard...what were you smoking tonight?! :lol: Have you transported yourself (back) to the 60s?! It's an RCZ you drive,right...not a Delorean?!?

I can't see why anyone wouldn't just use the digital clock at night? Unless...they've gone "dark".

A

Anonymous

I only ever use the digital display. The analogue is just for decoration.

A

Anonymous

Even a stopped clock shows the right time twice a day!

Is that invisible clock you were on about?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349892526.913852.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349892526.913852.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 3,079
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349892561.080284.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349892561.080284.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 3,079

dr29dr29

Reaction score
Thanks for the photos Scott - I think there must be more ambient light in your car at night than mine though. I might try a photo later too.

PS What the hell sort of radio station is BBC Buff ?!?!? Ha ha ha !!!

David

A

Anonymous

dr29dr29 said:
Thanks for the photos Scott - I think there must be more ambient light in your car at night than mine though. I might try a photo later too.

PS What the hell sort of radio station is BBC Buff ?!?!? Ha ha ha !!!

David
BBC BUFF!!! Ace! Really it's BBC SUFF as in Suffolk - good for the travel news.

A

Anonymous

dr29dr29 said:
David
You can set the brightness to just about any level that you choose.

richard.au

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Richard...what were you smoking tonight?! :lol: Have you transported yourself (back) to the 60s?! It's an RCZ you drive,right...not a Delorean?!?

I can't see why anyone wouldn't just use the digital clock at night? Unless...they've gone "dark".

ummm.. hmmm.. yes.. that was a big night last night. :)

yes, it is an RCZ i drive, just to remind myself now :)

but in seriousness, those pics show hands different to mine I think, so i'll take a pic later.. there may have been a changed.

richard.au

Reaction score
but funny you should mention the delorean.

as i pulled up to the parliament house car park for the first time in the rcz, the cop on the gate was very impressed and asked if i'd brought the car back from the future.. or words to that effect. we both had a laugh. he would have kept talking to me about it, except for the traffic building up behind me waiting to get into the building :)

A

Anonymous

I actually found a use for my clock.

I stuck a griffin iPhone mount / sucker on to the clock face and it means I can reach my iPhone from the driver's seat. Also, at night I get a nice white glow around the mount which gently illuminates the mount/iPhone when it's off :)

A

Anonymous

scottwb said:
I actually found a use for my clock.

I stuck a griffin iPhone mount / sucker on to the clock face and it means I can reach my iPhone from the driver's seat. Also, at night I get a nice white glow around the mount which gently illuminates the mount/iPhone when it's off :)

im pretty sure its illegal to use your phone while driving ;)

A

Anonymous

Bluetooth for when driving. Having the phone on the mount means I can see the sat nav better (co pilot) and also reach it to program when stationary. The normal mount for this sort of thing is on the windscreen but because of the seating position and long reach I found I could't reach the phone from the drivers seat.

A

Anonymous

My Z dont go out at night, she's far too young to be roaming the dark streets of Swansea. :cool:

frankvdb

Reaction score
I have also noticed the same and was always wondering whether I was the only one.
Also in Scott's pics you see the clock plate is much brighter than the hands.
Not sure which ambient light I can change?
In the dark, it is best to have the light emission of the dash set to a low level to improve view on the road so I don't like to turn that up.