What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Insurance for RCZ

RCZ1

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I did a quick search for insurance quotes for a RCZ. It was before it was officially launched so I'm not sure that all insurance companies actually had them listed on their sites. Anyway, of those that came up, the lowest quote for me was £251 fully comp - which I thought was very good.
This would include legal fees, 1 other named driver, based on 10,000 miles per year and garaged overnight.

I've ordered a Sport 156, which is group 28 (under the new insurance groups).

Just wondered if anyone else had got some quotes for theirs - be interesting to know if they varied greatly.

A

Anonymous

Lucky you! 8 years no claims and the best offer i've got is £770 - pretty typical for Northern Ireland though.

A

Anonymous

I've looked at gocompare and confused.com and the cheapest I've found is £324.
12,00 miles pa no additional driver (partner refuses to drive it!) but only 2 year ncb due to living in France for past few years.

Not bad I thought. Comparethemeerkat doesn't have it listed yet, neither does Saga and trying to get a quote at Direct Line causes the site to crash!

FGRob

Reaction score
I got a quote yesterday from Admiral who I have a multi car policy with, I'm current running an IQ2 which cost me £156 a year, (includes full business use / protected no claims etc etc) to change to the RCZ 156 GT it's gone up by only £85 for the remaining 6 months which I thought was very good considering the change, what's everyone elses experience, apart from the above posts - if you don't mind sharing that is :)

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I think you done pretty well there Rob. I imagine the IQ is quite a few groups lower.

Be good to see if there are any RCZ friendly insurers.

A

Anonymous

Just had our renwal come through from Shielas Wheels, (it's in my wifes name)

Now given the fact that we had our last car, a Honda Civic Type R GT nicked of fthe drive at gun point,
the new cost is £463 :!:

RCZ1

Reaction score
gtomo said:
Now given the fact that we had our last car, a Honda Civic Type R GT nicked of fthe drive at gun point,

You are joking aren't you - about the gun point bit :!: :?:

A

Anonymous

yes m8 done the same myself went onto gocompare the lowest i can get fullycomp is £275 from AIG i stay in the glasgow area.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
gtomo said:

You are joking aren't you - about the gun point bit :!: :?:

No, not at all, my wife was in it at the time, they followed her home from work.

A

Anonymous

I've been quoted £396 Fully Comp, £250 excess, protected no claims, legal protection, hire car - and that's on the 200bhp. That's with Direct line.

A

Anonymous

davetappy wrote:

I've been quoted £396 Fully Comp, £250 excess, protected no claims, legal protection, hire car - and that's on the 200bhp. That's with Direct line.

Which insurance company is that with? I only ask as I was with Direct line, they sent a renewal quote saying they had checked their list of insurers and the cheapest quote was with my current insurer, Axa, that'll be £500 please, I thought not likely and tried Go Compare, one of the best quotes for all the same level of cover was £395 with guess who? yep Axa!

A

Anonymous

Direct Line - I think you need to change every year....my current insurer, Admiral, wants to charge me £581 and that's part of a multi car policy. By changing to Direct Line the second car is down from £261 to £168.....total saving over £300....who wants to stay loyal to your current co. and as for Admiral multi-car savings...trades description act comes to mind!

A

Anonymous

I've found Direct Line to be most expensive, their quote was £1800. I am 48, 4 years no claims, no accidents etc etc. Best quote I have had is with Swift £590 with Axa. Ouch.

A

Anonymous

strange - I'm 2 years older than you (that's a way of not having to say 50!) full no claims - over 9 years (maybe that's the big difference) and £396 on the 200bhp !

RCZ1

Reaction score
You really do need to shop around for your car insurance every year. Companies always offer new customers lower premiums / discounts so for that reason you should not stick with the same insurance company every year.

I was with More Than for about 5 years BUT each year took out a new policy as a new customer because you receive a greater discount (they were the lowest quotes I received each year). You getting nothing back in return for company loyalty. Not from insurance companies anyway. :(

A

Anonymous

more than 310 im 45 with full no claims or 400 with esure no thanks time for a change

A

Anonymous

I had a play around and found it's my postcode that is making it so high. I live in what I consider a quite area of Bury 5 miles outside Manchester, if I use same details but put in my postcode from last address in Wiltshire my quote with Axa goes from £590 down to £273. I Hadn't realised I lived in such a crime ridden area lol!!!