What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

I'm at a loss

FGRob

Reaction score
Well today is the first day that I have been disappointed with my car, it’s not the fault of the car but at the truly appalling service I’ve just received. :thumbdown:

I took the car in for seat belt change under warranty – not sure why it had worn but it has been replaced, I also had the oil changed as I was planning ahead for my trip to Europe and thought it best, they also checked the timing cover for me as well – just to warn you the price for an oil change with our little car is £120 :shock: :shock: including filter and 8 litres of oil – yes that’s right 8 litres.

I left instructions not to clean the car and away I went.

Now the nightmare starts, got to the garage tonight saw the car, it had been washed you can imagine I was not best pleased but hey what can you do. Checked the car noticed marks on the seat but was prepared to let it go as they are light blue, so paid my £120 bill and went home. :eusa-think:

So now I starting to clean the car, noticed the back seat was disgusting plus the back of the driver’s seat was covered in marks – it turns out that they had not covered the seat with the plastic cover they had just used my cover which only covers the front of the seat, the plastic cover was still sitting on the passenger’s seat un-opened. :thumbdown: So then I noticed the door seal coming away from the frame virtually hanging off with a white sticky substance going everywhere, so I thought I don’t want to go back to the garage so I would bite the bullet and clean it up and put back the seal – which took me an hour. :oops:

So then I noticed a mark on the paint work by the door handle, so I thought OK a quick polish and all will be well – so finished that off and I thought OK I’ll check the rest of the car. :oops:

This was when I started to get steam coming out of my ears, :wtf: :crazy: I started with the wheels, no marks on the wheels I thought fine, then I noticed that some bastard had changed all the valve dust covers for half painted ones, :wtf: :wtf: what garage would do that, it was almost the final straw until I noticed the drivers rear wing scratched from front to back - you could not see it until you got down to wheel height :evil: :evil: :evil:

So at just after 6.00pm this evening I got on the phone and reported it, I would never normally swear down the phone but the dust caps just pushed me over the edge along with the damaged paint work and after further inspection the driver’s seat leather is also damaged.

I’m told the Service Manager will call me tomorrow, I’m not sure what I’m going to say yet but if this is the standard they are going to work too I will not being going back after the repair is done. It’s as if they treat the car like a 107 – I’m not being disrespectful with this statement, they seem to forget it’s a £23K value car.

I am at a loss, the car goes’ in perfect and comes out like a bag of shit.

Sorry for the vent – but what else can I say.

Rob – holds head in hands. :( :( :( :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

really feel gutted for ya rob if things dont work out to your satisfaction can you get in touch with peugeot customer service this could be happening to others also which in this day and age is not satisfactory give us a heads up on tomorrow

A

Anonymous

rob,sorry to learn about the poor service and damage to your car, there are good and bad dealers lets hope that you get it all sorted f,o,c. my recent oil and filter change cost apr £80.00 via main dealer so yours was well over. it just shows that there is a need to do a full inspection after any work is done on the car. i get mine back tomorrow from the clinic so i will certainly check it over before leaving. good luck.

FGRob

Reaction score
Thanks guys - I've just checked the bill the labour for the oil change was £57 + VAT :shock: :shock: :shock:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Rob, that's utterly appalling. To wash the car in the first place when you had specifically asked them not to, is not on. Secondly, to leave it with scratches and damage to seats is inexcusable. Thirdly, why on earth would they replace the dust caps :eusa-think: :twisted:

I hope you get it sorted out to your satisfaction and quickly.

A

Anonymous

Gutted for you Rob - I've seen your car a few times and know how well you keep it looking!

A

Anonymous

Blimey Rob... that really is awful service. Is this a Peugeot dealership? When I had some work done on my RCZ in Jan (to fix the rattling air vent) each time I dropped the car off the lady in the service department who booked the car in would do an inspection with me to check for damage and would apply the plastic car seat covers whilst I was there. She told me this was their policy now to avoid exactly what you've suffered (and I guess covers them if I claim damage when I pick the car up). I'm not sure if this is a Peugeot wide policy or just this dealership. Happy to let you know which dealership I use if you PM me. I hope you get this sorted out to your satisfaction.

Cheers

Mark

A

Anonymous

That's really crap. I send my sympathies - hope it gets fixed soon.

Big hugs
Scarlet x

FGRob

Reaction score
Mlbblue said:
Blimey Rob... that really is awful service. Is this a Peugeot dealership? When I had some work done on my RCZ in Jan (to fix the rattling air vent) each time I dropped the car off the lady in the service department who booked the car in would do an inspection with me to check for damage and would apply the plastic car seat covers whilst I was there. She told me this was their policy now to avoid exactly what you've suffered (and I guess covers them if I claim damage when I pick the car up). I'm not sure if this is a Peugeot wide policy or just this dealership. Happy to let you know which dealership I use if you PM me. I hope you get this sorted out to your satisfaction.

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark

That's what really gets to me, the girl came out checked the car, commented on how good it looked, put the un-opened cover on the passenger seat and that was it, when I picked the car up, there was the cover still on the seat un-opened. :wtf: I'll just have to wait until tomorrow but as time goes on my blood is boiling, I wouldn't say if it was damaged like Scarlet's or Bee's was, OK it's not acceptable to have your car damaged, but you just don't expect this from a Main dealer. The garage you take your car too plays an important when it comes to buying a car, that's one of the reasons I kept so faithful to Toyota.

Any way once put right I'll have to look at an alternative I think, even if it means going out of the area.

Rob

A

Anonymous

This makes for a scary and appalling read, Rob. My heart goes out to you for all your woes and I do hope you get full satisfaction from talking to the Service Manager. But even if you do, I imagine you'll most definitely be unwilling to trust them in future with your baby and I don't blame you. No-one should be subjected to that sort of shoddy workmanship even if they were leaving in an old banger and not a 23K car as you say!

A

Anonymous

Rob, gutted to hear of your woes
With your Peugeot dealer. Hope you
Get it sorted once you've spoken to the service manager. Keep us posted as to
The outcome.

Regards

Jez

A

Anonymous

Blimey that is a bit rubbish to say the least..

In the climate of mass unemployment I'm all up for terminating contracts of anyone that cannot do their job as expected.. There are masses out there that would love to be able to with a big garage.

Out with the incompetant and in with willing / tained and caring workers!

A

Anonymous

Hi Rob,
The treatment you got was appalling. Gateway Peugeot in Crewe Cheshire is the best dealership I have ever visited, get your dealer to give them a call, maybe they could learn a thing or two.

FGRob

Reaction score
Well just got back from the garage, had a meeting with the service manager, very apologetic and concerned by the damage, any way the list is as follows:
1. Replace door seal
2. Replace drivers seat - not sure how much will be replaced depends on cost
3. Remove dent from drivers door - spotted this morning
4. Remove scratch from rear wing
5. Repair paint chip in door jam
6. Replace dust caps - these were marked due to the chemicals used to clean wheels :shock:
7. Replace my own seat cover - it's all marked - The service manager found that :shock:
8. Full valet - inside and out after the above has been completed
9. Re-wax the car using my own wax - OK it cost me but I know it works.

And to top it all off this morning our very kind construction company Miller Construction next door to our offices, has covered everyones car with a fine white powder which is dry over spray from paint they recent applied to the building they are constructing, overall it's a great day. :wtf: :wtf: :crazy: :thumbdown:

Rob

A

Anonymous

Hi Rob,

I know exactly how you are feeling. If you remember my paintwork was badly scratched when the dealership washed my RCZ during its 1000 mile service. Thankfully my car is almost back to its original condition, though there are still a couple of light surface scratches that were missed.

I personally have been impressed with the helpfulness of Peugeot staff, but really disappointed with the actual work.

Hope you get everything sorted to your complete satisfaction.

Steve

A

Anonymous

hi rob-looks like your now going to get treated like a customer at last,hopefully all done to your high standard or take it back.
if your car has a good wax finish the overspray should come off with more wax applied. but why not try the building companies public liability for a professional detail.

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Good god Rob, what exactly did they do with your car :shock:
They replaced a seat belt and changed the oil :wtf: :wtf:

The thing that can't be re-done is the brake calipers and discs, all the nice zinc plating is now going black in places and rust is forming on the discs as the chemicals they use to clean the wheels with are that aggressive, I had the car for nearly 9 months and they have looked like new, they don't any more. :( :( :(

Oh well they've got 4 weeks to put it right, but it's certainly put a bit of a damper on owning the car.

Rob.

FGRob

Reaction score
bee said:
hi rob-looks like your now going to get treated like a customer at last,hopefully all done to your high standard or take it back.
if your car has a good wax finish the overspray should come off with more wax applied. but why not try the building companies public liability for a professional detail.
Hi Bee.

Yep the paint from this morning was dry over spray and was easy to remove, the cars been washed but now I've got a leak over the door from the seal :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Rob.

t110jim

Reaction score
Sorry to here about the damage inflicted on your car hopefully they sort it out properly. This is why I told dealer not to prepare mine when I picked it up. Can they not replace calipers and discs as these were perfect when you took car in as they will detract from the overall look of the car.