What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

I got it wrong and owe everyone an apology

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Agree with Elephant.

Phrases such as "not my cup of tea, I'm afraid", coupled with "but it's just my opinion" & "you go ahead if that's what you enjoy - hope you have fun" would have been much more adult and acceptable.

Sadly, different choices were made.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Biggyrick said:
Sad to see that a member gets banned, wrapper did have some valid points but wasnt able to express these in a written way.
Doesnt help that there are still some members who slate him but are more than happy to ignite his fury!

The problem there is that, the only thing needed to ignite his fury was to own a Mk1 RCZ with Silver Arches. :sleeping-yellow:
As I have stated further back in this thread, I actually have similar preferences with him, but I am quite happy to listen to other people's opinions, and accept that their preferences may be different to mine. The abusive manner in which he slated any other opinion than his could not be forgiven by passing it off as an inability to express himself in the written form.

I fully accept that some people prefer the Mk1, just as I'm sure it's also correct that some people buy the Mk1 purely because of budget constraints, but to state repeatedly that people who say they prefer the Mk1 are only doing so to try to convince themselves and that they would have all bought a Mk2 if they could afford it is very condescending.

I don't disagree with Evil Derboy that he got it wrong, but I do think that he did the right thing in allowing free speech and differing opinions to continue as long as possible, and only stepped in when it was clear that one person, for whatever reasons, was upsetting almost every other forum user.

I find it difficult to understand how anyone who has read Wrappers posts over any prolonged period can try to defend him. There can never be any vindication for victimisation (see his continued comments against RCZ1).

I never actually had any real run-ins with him (or her) but that was because I tended to ignore any baiting that he did towards my comments. As soon as you bit, he had won, and then continued to twist the knife, causing further bites etc etc

The forum is a happier place now, and we can all get on with enjoying what it is really all about

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
I find it difficult to understand how anyone who has read Wrappers posts over any prolonged period can try to defend him. There can never be any vindication for victimisation (see his continued comments against RCZ1).

Hmmm.....probably not the best example to quote there considering that a lot of Members stopped contributing / participating due to the wrath that would descend upon them from a "certain group of Members" pouncing on them every time they dared to even attempt to criticise the RCZ (car) in any way, shape or form.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It was only one of a very long list of examples that could have been used.

Anyone who had or said they liked Silver arches

Anyone who had or said they liked Mk1 cars

Anyone who thought detailing their cars was worthwhile

Anyone who attended any RCZ Meets

Anyone who disagreed with any of his opinions

I am sure there are many out there that could easily add to this list, but the main problem wasn't his objection to any/all of the above, it was the obnoxious way he expressed his opinions. But anyway, this has all been said many times previously. Should anyone believe Wrapper was perfectly justified in posting in the way he did, then perhaps they need to take a long hard look at themselves, as perhaps this is not the best forum for them either.

By all means share your opinions, but in a pleasant, tolerant, open minded way, and accept that not everyone is going to agree with you all the time. Exchange banter, but be mindful that some people may be offended, so don't go too far. Never be offensive.

I think it's what normal people call using common sense.

hanswuk

Reaction score
Some people have got Mk1s with silver arches because that's all there was when they bought their's. They may also still be very happy with them and don't see the point in spending a large sum of money just to get a facelifted car irrespective of preferences. Anyone who could not cope with that simple obvious fact definitely had some psychological issues. Anyway, without the Mk1 there never would have been a Mk2.....

RCZ1

Reaction score
Gorwell said:
DKZ5745 said:

Hmmm.....probably not the best example to quote there considering that a lot of Members stopped contributing / participating due to the wrath that would descend upon them from a "certain group of Members" pouncing on them every time they dared to even attempt to criticise the RCZ (car) in any way, shape or form.

Don't know what I ever did to you Gorwell but you always seemed to have a downer on me. It's all about perception and opinion of which we are entitled. You maybe should think about moving on like the rest of us and let what has been in the past and look to the future. I am by nature a positive person so always look for the positives in everything. I would suggest you do the same.

hanswuk

Reaction score
Gorwell said:
DKZ5745 said:

There were also many members who stopped contributing because the indefensible was being defended by the forum 'authorities'. When I joined this forum in 2012 it never less than extremely welcoming. Hopefully that will be so again.

Whilst I agree that the RCZ is not beyond criticism (far from it) I would guess that most people don't come on here to be insulted for owning a specific model or to read an endless series of posts about how much better other cars are (in the opinion of the posters). That's why there was so much disolutionment amongst some of the longer term members.

Let's now concentrate on the positives of owning this unique vehicle again please!

A

Anonymous

Snowy87 said:
FAR TO LATE FOR YOUR APOLOGY. YOU RUINED THIS FORUM A LONG TIME AGO AND LOST A LOT OF REGULAR MEMBERS THANKS TO YOUR STANCE REGARDING THAT PRAT :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

that should win them back then.... :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Wouldn't worry about it Derboy, think you've done the right thing but I wouldn't be so hard on yourself - as a forum Mod myself I know you have to give people a bit of a chance, even if they behave like children at times and even if you don't agree with their POV. Unfortunately the interwebs seems to attract the odd troll now and then, the thing to do is not to feed them and just ignore them and they will hopefully go away when they don't get any reaction or replies... I do think a permanent ban in this case is both fair and justified though :thumbup: :beer:

A

Anonymous

mistral_blue said:
the thing to do is not to feed them and just ignore them and they will hopefully go away when they don't get any reaction or replies... I do think a permanent ban in this case is both fair and justified though :thumbup: :beer:
Every individual is different and ignoring them is the best policy, however not everyone is happy to do so, some people will respond and some will simply not post again, then there is the potential new member who simply wont join.

It's better to remove the cancer that is killing the forum and have a happier one that looks more inviting to new members.