What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

I got it wrong and owe everyone an apology

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I don't post often as I don't have an RCZ and after child no.2 arrived plans for getting one for my wife were cancelled. So, I prefer to let everyone get on with it as unlike other forums I've run, I don't really have much to contribute.

My aim with the forum was to create a set of rules that applied to everyone, so that people would be protected from being banned or victimised by groups of popular members on the site. I encourage different points of view and even arguments as it can make for good discussion and reading and so I've resisted calls to punish or exclude certain members just for being abrasive or airing unpopular views. I'll still do so, but there needs to be some personal decision making in this as well, rather than just applying a set of rules, and so having tired of trying to play Devils advocate for so long, I've simply decided that I'm tired of his shit and have banned Wrapper.

Having spotted his post in one of the meet threads where he called people "Sad bastards" I've had enough. There's nothing to stop him re-registering under a different pseudonym but I'll ban those when I spot them.

I'd like to apologise to everyone that has been a victim of his disruption or trolling. I was trying to be fair but I should have dealt with it sooner. Sorry.

Regards,

Derek.

TAC

Reaction score
No need to be sorry, he was just like marmite love or hate him every forum has one. :greetings-wavingblue:

RCZ1

Reaction score
It takes a big man to hold his hands up and admit he was wrong so you have to be congratulated for that.

Sadly, you lost a lot of valued members and contributors in that time. It even resulted in me being banned for a short time too. I don't visit the forum as much as I once did purely due to that man. He totally ruined the enjoyment of the forum for me and many others. Even when I dipped in, he was always there gnawing away in the background, having little digs at people. Totally unnecessary.

For me, this man single-handedly destroyed this forum. You wanted it to be different and you sure got your wish in that respect. But not for the better. All the fun went out of the forum. It was almost like people had been told not to engage in banter. It became a very serious place with no camaraderie. To be honest, it became soulless.

Having said that in the last few weeks the banter seems to be reappearing due in no uncertain terms to new or newish members that are trying to take the forum forward. They should be applauded for that. DKZ and retro to name but two.

Hopefully the forum can move forward from this but it still requires some work in my eyes, to make it a vibrant place as well as a good source of information.

Tiny shoots.....

tianorth

Reaction score
It's not a case of getting it wrong, but sorting out and getting rid of the "rotten wood".
It's a tough job, I wouldn't like to do it tbh.
All I can say is thank you for keeping an eye on us all.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It's never easy trying to run something like this, "can't please all the people" etc

There are people like Wrapper in all walks of life, but when you join a forum for the reasons you have listed, it does taint and spoil the experience, and as Kerry has said, it has driven good members away, because unlike many circumstances in life when you encounter this type of person, it's easy to walk away from the forum, so people have.

The daft thing is, I agreed with a lot of the preferences Wrapper had, it's just that, well, he clearly had issues, as he couldn't see anyone's point of view other than his own, and the way he put that point of view forward was unacceptable far too often.

I am sure that he will try to sneak back in, as it did appear he gained some pleasure from upsetting people, Kerry in particular. So we do need to keep an eye out, but I'm sure he will give himself away if he does get back in.

Thanks for sorting it out.

Let's get on with enjoying our cars Mk1's with silver arches included of course. :clap:

P.s. Those of you north of the border might want to watch out for an angry man driving a white R8 with black arches ......... Mk2 of course :lol:

P.p.s Are those church Bells I hear ringing in the distance, and I'm sure I can see someone has put a flag out :eusa-whistle: ;)

pete.garratt

Reaction score
The thing I think is that wrapper was condemned by his own hand.

As I understand it, he (assuming it is a he) has been given as much slack as the forum rules allowed.

I would suggest the thing he found difficult to grasp is that actions have consequences. None of us can simply do and say exactly as we please - that route leads to chaos - no matter how much one tries to hind behind free speech.

Evil Derboy, along with everyone else I commend your forbearance on this. It does indeed take a real adult to recognise when they have made a mistake, own up and rectify, so big respect to you for that.

Right, let's get back to enjoying the 'Z - in all its splendours!

PS That's my foe list down to Zero, now - which I see as a good thing.

howardf

Reaction score
Wrapper is probably having a good laugh that we were still talking about him........
Its done now, let's move on.... :thumbup: ..H

renegade79

Reaction score
Top work :thumbup:

The forum has new and up and coming members and there is light at the end of the tunnel ..... Might be my xenons though on full pelt!!!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

It's never a good thing for any member to get banned and I'm sure the Admin and Mods give as much patience as they can to any individual but 'we' all must take responsibility for our own actions at the end of the day and the line must be drawn at some point.

There is no point looking back so lets look forward.

A

Anonymous

I think he was one of a sad new breed of keyboard warriors who wouldn't have the proverbials to be as obnoxious face to face.

For what it's worth, I met some lovely people on the Yorkshire meet and hope to meet them again soon.

You always get one idiot on every forum, or as I prefer to call them "trolls"! :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hang on a minute, if there is always one idiot on every forum, and wrapper has gone, who is it now :shock:

2retro

Reaction score
They also say one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin...

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
Hang in a minute, if there is always one idiot on every forum, and wrapper has gone, who is it now :shock:

Elephant99 said:
Er, I didn't like to tell you! lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, if you could all just afford me the luxury of hanging up my mod jacket (not quite as cool as one of Paul Weller's) for just one moment, I have been dying to post this in response to posts by a certain person for MONTHS and I just have to get it out of my system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... ptXkLglKkA

OH THANK GOD THAT IS OUT OF MY SYSTEM....MONTHS I TELL YOU...M-O-N-T-H-S!!! (***Slips back on his mod jacket...and causally exits whistling***)

A

Anonymous

2retro said:
They also say one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin...
:lol:

A

Anonymous

That gas got to be the funniest thing, "May god have mercy"!

A

Anonymous

Well, don't know if I'd agree that you got it wrong. It has been a long and drawn out process related to a very difficult and caustic member.
He had been given many, many chances and however did not heed these or indeed seem to actually care.
I must admit that during the short time I have been on this forum I have had my run ins with Wrapper, even trying to clear the air, and give him another chance. Unfortunately, it is not possible to reason with such a difficult character.

If I'm perfectly honest I had thought about leaving the forum altogether, as although the vast majority of members are very friendly and helpful, it came to the point where I dreaded logging on to see his name next to a post.

Overall I believe you have made a very sensible decision, and therefore because of this we can move forward and enjoy the forum for what it is. To share our love of cars, and amongst other things make new friends, particularly at club meets.

Time to move on, and appreciate what we all have.

Andy.

renegade79

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
DKZ5745 said:
Hang in a minute, if there is always one idiot on every forum, and wrapper has gone, who is it now :shock:

Elephant99 said:
Er, I didn't like to tell you! lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, if you could all just afford me the luxury of hanging up my mod jacket (not quite as cool as one of Paul Weller's) for just one moment, I have been dying to post this in response to posts by a certain person for MONTHS and I just have to get it out of my system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... ptXkLglKkA

OH THANK GOD THAT IS OUT OF MY SYSTEM....MONTHS I TELL YOU...M-O-N-T-H-S!!! (***Slips back on his mod jacket...and causally exits whistling***)
awesome, simply awesome!!

hanswuk

Reaction score
2retro said:

As one of the 'older' members who stopped contributing to this forum for the reasons described by Kerry, I am seriously pleased that it should now be safe to return. Kaminski/Wrapper took all the pleasure out of it at the time he/they arrived on this forum and the way he wasn't dealt with turned things very sour.

2retro, your post just had me in stiches! Thanks for that.