What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How To Update The RT6 System - Guide

JWH

Reaction score
Do you have a copy of the files that were on the old SD card?
I did copy the configuration with mirascripts, but that didn't work for me as I went to a newer software. I have since managed to use mirascripts and datexplorer to restore the pop ups, and will see if I can do the other settings when I get chance.

zuberismail

Reaction score
I did copy the configuration with mirascripts, but that didn't work for me as I went to a newer software. I have since managed to use mirascripts and datexplorer to restore the pop ups, and will see if I can do the other settings when I get chance.
May or may not help, but for my 3008, I copied the SD card to my pc, manually. Once I had the system up and running, I copied some of the files, in the user folder, back on to the new SD card. You may have to pick carefully what files you copy over.

beracka

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I just want to say thanks for sharing everything!
I have updated firmware and maps.

Everything went good except North East Eastern Europe, where it restart after 1hour or so. Same as in answer #100 from Plecodoras.
Then every time I started car I got a message "Checking in progress" and then "Please insert a navigation CD" or something like that.

I found out that memory for storing maps is full, but I didn't know how to delete maps, because there is no such option on RT6 nav.
The solution is on this link: RT6_FORMAT.CMD.txt
That is code you need to copy to mirascript.
I will write it here also if link goes down:
C:
/*
 * RT6_FORMAT.CMD by mira308sw
 * Format tool for Map disk /SDH
 * v01.00 17/02/2015 : first release
 */

int    ShowNavigationQuestionScreen  ( char *txt, int *answ );
int    ShowNavigationBargraph        ( void );
int    StepBargraph                  ( char *txt, int per );
int    Format                        ( char *drive );

int    main    ( int argc,char *argv[] )
{
   int    answ;

ShowNavigationQuestionScreen( "Format maps disk /SDH ?",&answ );
   if( answ==1 )
   {
      ShowNavigationBargraph();
      StepBargraph( "format in progress...",50 );
      if( Format( "/SDH" )==0 )
         ShowNavigationQuestionScreen( "Format Complete!",&answ );
      else
         ShowNavigationQuestionScreen( "Errors in Format /SDH",&answ );
   }
   return 0;
}

I have done this by editing code used for Deactivation of activation code.
I have opened folder "Deactivation_of_activation_code", then folder "CMD" and then opened RT6_SETTING file with text editor.
You just need to delete whole code and copy the code from above. Also I have renamed the file RT6_SETTING to RT6_FORMAT, but that is not necessary.
Then, delete "System Volume Information" hidden folder from USB stick and copy everything from "Deactivation_of_activation_code" to USB stick.
After completing this, you can put USB stick into car and start the engine and after few minutes you will be prompted to format maps disk, just choose yes and thats it. Deleting is fast, I think less than a minute. After formating I was prompted to restart system and I have answered yes, but nothing happened. I have turned the engine off, removed USB stick and turned it on again and the maps were deleted.

After this I have successfully installed the maps that I needed.
I hope that this will help somebody with the same problem as mine.

Attachments

• RT6_FORMAT.CMD.txt
    785 bytes · Views: 1

beracka

Reaction score
Also, I don't know where you get these maps from, but I can see that there is new 2022/2023 maps on official Peugeot site.
Does anybody have these?

stevenhannafitnes

Reaction score
hi all, followed the instructions on how to replace sd card and update firmware to 2.86, seems to have worked to a degree but some things seem to be missing like vehicle settings for km to miles and i have no maps on the sat nav mode just a blank screen with the arrow

after one of the reboots on screen it was showing usb and a making a bleeping noise so i switched off and pulled the usb, i am wondering did i do this too soon and should i reinsert usb and try again

how do you know when the firmware update is complete? does it tell you?

stevenhannafitnes

Reaction score
Getting somewhere now thank goodness, firmware updated, waiting on a 8gb usb flash drive coming to update nav, only thing i have lost is the grids that appear when the reverse camera comes on, any ideas

davidmailey

Reaction score
Hi, I have managed to download the map updates but I have no idea what to keep on the usb to update the maps. I have the 508 RT6 unit.
I have looked at my old SD card (can't copy off it but can look at it) and there is some the same but there is a cpc or cdc folder there as well. I am at a loss on what to leave on the usb so it installs. I know about the code generator etc. Any help would be great.
Screenshot 2023-09-17 151605.png

Robi

Reaction score
Just updated my nav system following the guide and everything 100% so I want to say a big thank you to ALL those involved, your efforts to help others is greatly appreciated. btw I used an original firmware 2.86 cd which I am prepared to lend if anyone needs it