What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

HOW TO REMOVE FRONT BUMPER ?

A

Anonymous

Tell me about it! Only a few days earlier, I had gotten into a panic. I had entered a shed on a remote, unmanned farm, again in the dark, and the door closed behind me. When I came to leave, the door wouldn't open. I applied increasing amounts of pressure, but not an inch of movement. Then I had the brainwave of try to pull the door towards myself and hey presto, it opened. Phew :oops:

A

Anonymous

Ron these little mishaps all sound age related to me. :eusa-think:

So I did a bit of searching and found this quick guide for you on the Age Concern site, it's only a rough guide to see if you are over the hill or not, have a little read and see how you do. You might need to put on your reading specs on though :geek:

1. When you go the loo do you have the affects of an old dripping tap :?
2. Does the wife now need to cut up your meat at meal times :roll:
3. Do you get overly excited and dribble at the sight of a bowling green :dance:
4. Have you started reading the Mail instead of the Sport :cool:
5. Do you find white cotton y-fronts now more comfortable than polyester snugg fit briefs :eek:

If you've answered yes to at least 2 of these questions, then Ronald, I'm no expert but maybe it's time to accept that you maybe the oldest swinger in town, and perhaps you should now start using the bus pass more often, and wrap up warm when going to the shed :lol:

Ps.
Just in case you answered yes to question 5, I've also done a bit of searching around for you and found this great little bargain, it's no problem as I'm a great believer that the youth of this country (& forum) need to look after the old folk.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/35017710 ... 0&ff14=101

I'll also check up on the number for Meals On Wheels for you now ;)

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Ron these little mishaps all sound age related to me. :eusa-think:

So I did a bit of searching and found this quick guide for you on the Age Concern site, it's only a rough guide to see if you are over the hill or not, have a little read and see how you do. You might need to put on your reading specs on though :geek:

1. When you go the loo do you have the affects of an old dripping tap :?
2. Does the wife now need to cut up your meat at meal times :roll:
3. Do you get overly excited and dribble at the sight of a bowling green :dance:
4. Have you started reading the Mail instead of the Sport :cool:
5. Do you find white cotton y-fronts now more comfortable than polyester snugg fit briefs :eek:

If you've answered yes to at least 2 of these questions, then Ronald, I'm no expert but maybe it's time to accept that you maybe the oldest swinger in town, and perhaps you should now start using the bus pass more often, and wrap up warm when going to the shed :lol:

Ps.
Just in case you answered yes to question 5, I've also done a bit of searching around for you and found this great little bargain, it's no problem as I'm a great believer that the youth of this country (& forum) need to look after the old folk.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/35017710 ... 0&ff14=101

I'll also check up on the number for Meals On Wheels for you now ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

It's time for an update on this scenario or did I somehow miss it ?

A

Anonymous

Ron my old mucker,
The part in question is still sitting on my utility room floor waiting to be fitted.
We've just not had the weather to strip down the front end of a Z, everytime I've gone to tackle the job it has rained.
Its not a difficult job, but it's also one you dont want to rush or be caught out by the weather.
As you know on my first attempt I had problems getting the bumper off, it just would not release itself from the car, but I later found out that I had missed 4 very small clips running across the top of the bumper that need to be pushed in as the bumper is pulled away from the car.
Its this little fiddly bit of the job that means you need 2 sets of hands to get the bumper completely off, everything elase is fairly straight forward. So I'm also governed by trying to get the lad involved, especially over xmas when all he could think about was women, parties, and beer.
Ah.... the good old days eh ;)

My hands have also been giving a bit of trouble over the last few weeks aswell, all part of my "condition", so once that settle's down a bit I'll be firing on all cylinders again, well there might be the odd miss-fire now and then but we wont let that stop the party :cool: :lol:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
when all he could think about was women, parties, and beer.
Ah.... the good old days eh ;)

You mean this changes?!? :wtf:

Sorry to hear that you have had a couple of off weeks Jactac! :( I hope that you're in for a lengthy spell of being mostly untroubled by it all.

A

Anonymous

Yep Sorry to inform you buddy, it all changes. :cry:

Then again your only as young as you feel, so lets party party :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hopfully a few good months are on the horizon, but you just never know with this, each day can be different mate :roll:

Had second MRI just before xmas, so just waiting for results now :?

My sister (same condition) has been given the chance to go on some trial drug, only 400 world wide on it, I'm not sure exactly of all the details, I know it's being run by a Chinese medical company and part of our own NHS.
So we will just have to wait and see how that pans out, but it will probably be months if not years before any results are finalised.
Fingers crossed though for good results. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Yep Sorry to inform you buddy, it all changes. :cry:

Then again your only as young as you feel, so lets party party :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hopfully a few good months are on the horizon, but you just never know with this, each day can be different mate :roll:

Had second MRI just before xmas, so just waiting for results now :?

My sister (same condition) has been given the chance to go on some trial drug, only 400 world wide on it, I'm not sure exactly of all the details, I know it's being run by a Chinese medical company and part of our own NHS.
So we will just have to wait and see how that pans out, but it will probably be months if not years before any results are finalised.
Fingers crossed though for good results. :eusa-think:

Yes indeed it all changes as Kerry says...lol but as long as one can still sword fence with one's self the rest doesnt matter :lol:

Jactac i couldnt be arsed reading through all of this thread but why are you,yourself fitting a new bumper mate :wtf: anyhow great wisdom comes with great responsibilty and fook that i would never do this myself...unless it could save myself a few hundred bucks...and jactac attitude to life is vital and you definitely got a attitude... :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Probably a bit of pride and stubbornness Jass :eusa-think:
I can be a bit of a stubborn taff on times ;) :lol:

I've always done manual work, especially using my hands, I'm very fussy in detail, a bit of a perfectionist if i'm honest, :oops:
I would always have a go myself if I thought I was capable, anything from mechanical to home improvements, so it's hard when your head knows you can easily do something, but the dangly digits give you a bit of grief, just like they have lately, . Not being able to do things that came naturally in the past is the most frustrating thing.
I try have the attitude of mind over matter, and just get on with things, but sometimes no matter how hard you try, you have to admit defeat. But not beaten. ;)

So this time, if all else fails I will take it to the dealer :roll:
But even then, my little taffy eyes will be scrutinising their work to see if the finished job would of been up to my standards. :shock: :lol:

Ps,
Its not the full bumper that I'm replacing, thats the easy bit.
I just need to get the bumper off to replace the bumper insert (black shiny bit that houses the parking sensors), the bumper to come off to unclip this part from the inside.

A

Anonymous

New bumper insert now fitted.
I did it myself and it was a nightmare.
For some reason I just could not fully remove the bumper, I thought I had sussed out all the fixings and clips but there seems to be a final fixing behind the Peugeot badge, which you just cannot see or get to from the inside, so it looks as though the badge has to be removed to get to this fixing.
I read on here somewhere that the badge is glued on, so I didnt fancy tugging and pulling in case I caused damage, so in the end I used a *Bosch sonic cutter to cut away the damaged insert, then I managed to pull at the clips that were holding onto the bumper.
It was very tense cutting into the insert because I didnt know what was behind it, but by just skimming away with the cutter I could just ease it away from the bumper, then once I could see the clips it was all pretty straight forward, basically pull the remaining insert out of the clips and then pop the new insert back into the bumper.
Job done, and looks like new.

*The Bosch Sonic Cutter uses various types of blades that cut by using high vibration rather than motion, so you can cut very slowly and delicately, it's great for difficult awkward jobs.

Goatz

Reaction score
old thread but I am now struggling with the same issue. All screws and clips out, push Clips pushed, bumper is hanging off the car. No matter how much i pull it from the top it will not budge. Feels like something under the badge is keeping it on. This is a mk1. Did anyone manage this in the end?

Guscoint75

Reaction score
hello mate , have you figured it out ? I m having the same problem now

Goatz

Reaction score