What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

HOW TO REMOVE FRONT BUMPER ?

A

Anonymous

I need to get the front bumper off to replace a scratched bit on the grill, which I've explained in another thread, the problem I have is that I cannot get the bumper off.

I have removed every fixing that I can see, but for some reason theres something still holding the center of the bumper onto the car, both the sides and the whole bottom edge are free.
I'm not sure if its a fixing or that the bumper just needs a good old tug.
If anyone has removed the whole bumper or knows if theres any fixings behind the "lion badge" please could they let me know.
Thanks.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Isn't the Lion badge on the front held on with screws? That seems to be in my mind and something I've read on here. That may be the last bit of the puzzle ?

A

Anonymous

From what I can see, and with all the tugging theres something behind the badge area still holding the bumper on.
I can see the rear of the badge, but I think what ever is holding the bumper on is maybe lower down than the badge and possibly to the sides of it.
It could just be that once all the fixings are out it just needs "popping" out, but it's not a good feeling tugging and twisting on the bumper and it just want budge.

I will PM the other member to see how they got the bumper off.
Thanks

Abzynthe

Reaction score
The link in this thread has a guide to take the bumper off. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7020
The front badge is plastic welded, clipped and has one torx screw. It is possible to take it off without removing the bumper but you need three small hands lol. I dont think there is anything behind the badge holding the bumper on. Have a look at the link and see if you missed anything :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks Abz.
The only thing I can see that I may of missed is in Pic #9 of that link, the little pegs that need pushing down, but to be honest I cant remember even seeing them :eusa-think:
Everything else I done.
I'll have another look tomorrow. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Even more confused now :crazy:
Theres no little pigs to push down like the ones in #9 on the link and the other ones in #6 are there but you only need to remove them if you are taking the whole wheel arch cover out.

I'm thinking that because the car in the link has the vision pack, ie: front head lamp washers, then the internal makeup of the bumper would be slightly different to the standard bumper, thats why I cant see the little clips they mention in #9, and also why they need to remove the whole wheel arch cover and underside protective cover to take the bumper off. :eusa-think:
Im beginning to think that I had removed everything that I needed to, and it just needed to be pulled on more vigorously to release it :?
It's strange because the sides were totally loose, but it would not slide forward like it says it should do in that link :eusa-think:

Its back to the drawing I think. :roll:

A

Anonymous

It's a horrible feeling tugging and pulling at the bumper just waiting for a nasty snapping sound to happen, in the end my bottle went and I just had to stop, but we both just could not see or feel what was still stopping the bloody thing from sliding forward.
Very frustrating :roll:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I think I remember, looking at a pic on servicebox. I think you need to remove the torx screw behind the badge. Its very fiddly, but you dont need to put it back in if you dont want as the badge is plastic welded.

A

Anonymous

That sounds very feasible, as it does seem to be holding onto something in that area :eusa-think:

So next question how do you remove the badge :roll:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Its quite hard to explain lol. You need to he able to get your hand in from the top with a torx wrench to undo the screw. Once thats out. You just pull the badge from the bottom until the plastic weld isnt a weld anymore.

A

Anonymous

Now there lies the problem Abz.
If I could get my hand in behind the badge to undo the screw, I could also just unclip the damage part that is causing me all this grief. :p :lol:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Ill think of something. It may be AFTER you've already had it done though :lol:

A

Anonymous

Better late than never, as I seem to be saying to Mrs H more often these days. :oops: :lol:

A

Anonymous

OMG, just found the 4 little pegs that are shown in the link, they were staring me in the face, :shock: LOL
So its out with the tool box again this weekend for round 2, ding ding, bring it on. :twisted:

A

Anonymous

C'mon Rocky...show that bumper who's the boss of the Welsh valleys!!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Oh dear, I now know what it must be like for you and your love life. The risks that you must take in particular, as I had the need to turn the car around on a narrow single track road and opted for turning into a field after about a mile of reversing in the dark. Yep it did not want to come out of that damn field. Managed it in the end by driving even further in and a gentle smooth constant speed reverse out, As a result I have muck splattered on the windscreen, roof and everywhere else. Not too much space available for my wheels to turn as the arches are full of it :oops: