What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

how to increase turbo sound whistle

A

Anonymous

:text-goodpost: anyone fitted one of these yet? :text-goodpost:

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
:text-goodpost: anyone fitted one of these yet? :text-goodpost:
i didnt fitted but i know 2 people who did, and they were extremly happy with the result :p

A

Anonymous

just a quick word of advice having been a member on the 207oc forums lots of gti owner did fit the forge blow off valve and were initially happy with the result ie noise given off but many encountered a reduction in power. A lot have removed them also believe that fitting an induction kit gives a good bit of whooshing noise.

A

Anonymous

thats weird, its juste to increase the power.... do they just "think" that it has a reduction, or do they putted the RCZ on a dyno? An induction kit is only good if you can provide only cold air, in the summer when its 30 degres or more you have a massive redution in power if the car uses only hot air..

A

Anonymous

nitRon said:
thats weird, its juste to increase the power.... do they just "think" that it has a reduction, or do they putted the RCZ on a dyno? An induction kit is only good if you can provide only cold air, in the summer when its 30 degres or more you have a massive redution in power if the car uses only hot air..
Nitron
Don't quote me but I believe a number have tried it on dyno and found their 207 gti or rc was slightly down on power with bov

A

Anonymous

İ had forge dump valve installed on my RCZ 200hp. After second or third drive i had engine malfunction warnings. There were several malfunction messages recorded . İ decided to take it off and get erased the messages and its normal now. İ dont recommend that forge dump valve. During first launch even you keep pressing on pedal it starts working and lets the pressure out that causes power loss.

A

Anonymous

greetings from finalnd, I bought hald a year ago Turbo Blow off - ventil - a small aluminium piece with 9 special holes releasingturbo pressure when not needed. Keeps turbo reactive time better, all the time ( thats what dealer promised ). and I have to say it works great. A deasent sound in between gearchanges. Cost 49 euro and works perfactly, even in -30 celsius. No problems just positive experiences. ..

A

Anonymous

jopoman69 said:
greetings from finalnd, I bought hald a year ago Turbo Blow off - ventil - a small aluminium piece with 9 special holes releasingturbo pressure when not needed. Keeps turbo reactive time better, all the time ( thats what dealer promised ). and I have to say it works great. A deasent sound in between gearchanges. Cost 49 euro and works perfactly, even in -30 celsius. No problems just positive experiences. ..

So...is it a dump valve that you had fitted? :eusa-think: sounds like you've had a very positive experience...and your dealer provided this?! Intrigued...!!

A

Anonymous

I have a dump valve,
This is really easy to assemble. I myself with 2 left hands this works.

and the sound is really funny.
only if you really throttle and throttle lets you hear, TSSSSSS.

I like it very much!

definitely recommended.

fits only way to 156 hp RCZ. the 200 HP does not.

A

Anonymous

to increase the sound of your turbo 'spooling' you should increase airflow and buy or customise a wastegate valve or a bigger turbo but this increases lag!

Riccardos

Reaction score
I have a dump valve,
This is really easy to assemble. I myself with 2 left hands this works.

and the sound is really funny.
only if you really throttle and throttle lets you hear, TSSSSSS.

I like it very much!

definitely recommended.

fits only way to 156 hp RCZ. the 200 HP does not.
Hi, if is fits to 156 hp RCZ.Could you please provide the details of where you bought it? I'm looking for one (156hp RCZ.) Regards

Riccardos

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. There is no RCZ in the ooisie of this item. Are you sure it won't damage the car?

2retro

Reaction score
It's the same engine. I've had one of these on for years - makes no difference to performance but you now get that turbo ' Tishhhhh' sound. Still makes me smile every time. 🙂

Riccardos

Reaction score
It's the same engine. I've had one of these on for years - makes no difference to performance but you now get that turbo ' Tishhhhh' sound. Still makes me smile every time. 🙂
Thanks again. I also thought it was the same engine. I love that sound Tishhhh I will buy it as you recommend.

2retro

Reaction score
Cool. Come back here and let us know what you think when you've fitted it and had a go, won't you. 🙂

Riccardos

Reaction score
Hi, I installed this part a few days ago. One of the holes was slightly moved, literally by a millimeter, but the screw was finally tightened. Everything works great, I'm happy every time I hear this wonderful sound Tissshhhh 😁
Thank you for your help.
Regards

Attachments

• 20231101_115310.jpg
    20231101_115310.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 7