What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

how to increase turbo sound whistle

A

Anonymous

can someone tell me how to increase the sound of the whistle of the turbo?

A

Anonymous

You know how to whistle dont you Steve? You just put your lips together........... and blow (Lauren Bacall) :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

I've even heard of some people, fitting Dummy exhausts on their cars for it to look like something it aint ! !........................................................What ?

A

Anonymous

thanks a lot for losing time replying like that....

AT least our forum is great and there are a lot of people that helps...

A

Anonymous

joaofisio said:
thanks a lot for losing time replying like that....

At least our forum is great and there are a lot of people that helps...

Is the additional noise the sound you would get from a Dump Valve or are you looking for a louder turbo whistle?.

If its the latter I think your snookered but I have read somewhere (Other forums, different car) that Dump Valves can be fitted. not too sure to the RCZ tho

Might be an idea looking around for "retro fit dump valve".

But if I were you and I think I know where past posters are comming from, you don't need to add these things to the RCZ, the actual car does the head turning on its own.(just my view so don't shoot :D)

Beef

A

Anonymous

Just a thought, most dump valves are silenced by passing into the air box thro a sound suppressor, if you could find a way to vent to open air rather than that system it would do the same as a retro fit dump, but I am not sure if the ECU takes a sensor reading from that system, so it may throw a wobbly if you did disconnect.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

First I should say that the attempts at humour shouldnt be mistaken for us knowing the answer to your question but just choosing not to tell you, but rather they are just some humorous musings intended to entertain.................it would be a terrible thing if this forum had no humour!

In seriousness though......The RCZ turbo dump valve does not vent to the air but rather recirculates internally hence theres no whooooosh sound - There was a previous thread on this issue somewhere but to my knowledge no-one on here has retro fitted a dump valve venting to the outside.........................however theres always a first which may be you Joaofisio??? if so I'm sure we'd all be wanting you to post a video of it

A

Anonymous

A quick word with my source at Peugeot tells me that a dump valve would invalidate the warranty, so make sure its not fitted if you ever put the car in.

A

Anonymous

thank you ll for the replyes. humour is great irony just depends just my 2 cents. Thank you all people.

A

Anonymous

There is a good reason you cannot dump to atmosphere - it is not compliant with current emissions law, all manufactures must dump back into the intake - recirculation reduces CO2 emissions and keeps your road tax down, without this you will fail the MOT.

A

Anonymous

Fail MOT..... maybe not, as test is carried out at 2500/3000 rpm and at tick over (idle) so waste gate would be shut at revs and also shut again at idle.
The dump back into the air box is to stop it making so much noise, it has no effect on CO2 as it is clean air (well cleanish) from the intake system. It may however effect the EGR, but I think not as it would have dumped the air pressure it did not want into the air box anyway (as I said above to keep its noise down) so the EGR would get a pressure drop anyway.

Paul141
:beer:

A

Anonymous

You can get special whistles that you put in the exhaust and simulates a turbo whistle. Just search on eBay

A

Anonymous

If you want turbo whistle, you should hear my defender 90!! it makes your ears bleed..... :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Tangellow said:
There is a good reason you cannot dump to atmosphere - it is not compliant with current emissions law,.

I can confirm that taking a dump out in the open is not compliant with the law, well not in Swansea anyway. :lol: