What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How rare is yours?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Abzynthe said:
My R is one of only 6 registered in 2013 :)

I kind of feel sorry for the 1 registered in 2017 though as that must have been sat for quite some time :eusa-think:

Could that possibly be the last new R to be sold in the U.K. though? Now that would be a claim to fame! :eusa-think:

Yeah I guess so. If its been sat in a dealer showroom until all RCZs have been sold and then sold itself, then it may even be the last new RCZ altogether?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Now I might have this wrong but according to this and this is what I had thought, that there was 1 new R registered in 2016 and there has not been any registered since.

At first I thought does this mean registered that yearn which is right this is NEW registrations for the R and there is none for 2017, so where is the data showing one registered in 2017? Just so I can update my totals if this site is incorrect.
I originally posted that there were 302 registered in the UK, but seems 305 is the true figure according to the -
How Many Left site -

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/p ... #!firstreg

Anyways here's to hunting down the last z sold !!! :beer:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Now I might have this wrong but according to this and this is what I had thought, that there was 1 new R registered in 2016 and there has not been any registered since.

At first I thought does this mean registered that yearn which is right this is NEW registrations for the R and there is none for 2017, so where is the data showing one registered in 2017? Just so I can update my totals if this site is incorrect.
I originally posted that there were 302 registered in the UK, but seems 305 is the true figure according to the -
How Many Left site -

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/p ... #!firstreg

Anyways here's to hunting down the last z sold !!! :beer:

That’s graph shows Road tax, there is another graph on there that shows when cars were registered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I am sorry Abzynthe I cannot see this data please show me the error of my ways.

It does say first registered and this is presumably from new for the road?

As far as I can see one RCZ R was registered in 2016 and zero for 2017.

If there is another site that shows this data please post a link..... Thank You...

:beer:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think mine as a 200 gt is rare, but with the options on it maybe a little?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:

If there is another site that shows this data please post a link..... Thank You...

My apologies. When I first looked at your graph, I misread it as the Tax one, and have since had a play around. You are right, it doesn't show any registered in 2017. I'm certain that when I looked originally, it definitely said one was registered in 2017.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
Plecodoras said:

My apologies. When I first looked at your graph, I misread it as the Tax one, and have since had a play around. You are right, it doesn't show any registered in 2017. I'm certain that when I looked originally, it definitely said one was registered in 2017.

No worries Abzynthe....

I was surprised to learn that one might have been sat in a showroom until this year and to be honest a little peaved that I didn't get it !! I have a 15 plate and it sure would have been nice to have the 16 plate and know that you got the last one for sale in the UK anyway, don't know about Europe.

No probs with the graph, I wasn't sure that I was missing something or you were getting your data from another site I didn't know about.

Either way 305 R's isn't many in the scheme of things ! and I have seen two in the scrapyard so down to 303 !

Cheers n Beers :beer:

misterx

Reaction score
As at end of Q2 in 2019, there are 291 Rs taxed and 6 under SORN.

Nice to see that most of them are still around!

Flanners

Reaction score
I would have thought the attrition rate for write-offs would be higher given the power and abilities of the car....shows the maturity and driving skills of the owners :eusa-think: guess why the insurance is 'cheap' on them too.

misterx

Reaction score
As at end of Q2 in 2019, there are 291 Rs taxed and 6 under SORN.

Nice to see that most of them are still around!

Q3's numbers just out. There are still 291 showing as taxed but now just 3 on SORN. That means in the last three months either three have bitten the dust or they are still out there unaccounted for (on or off the road). Peak registration number was 305 at the end of 2016 so three years later we have only lost 11 Rs.

Grimreaper

Reaction score
I wanna play R’s but I don’t have one 😭
ive got one of the 1.2K‘s though 😊

misterx

Reaction score
As at the end of 2019 there were 286 Rs on the road in the UK and 8 with a Statutory off the Road Notice.
The same total numbers as at the end of Q3 2019 but with five more being off the road.

Goatz

Reaction score
Does anyone else have ‘turbo’ in red writing under ’rcz’ on the rear bumper? I am wondering if a previous owner stuck this on mine

2retro

Reaction score
Does anyone else have ‘turbo’ in red writing under ’rcz’ on the rear bumper? I am wondering if a previous owner stuck this on mine
Yeah, that's not a standard badge and has been added by the previous owner. 👍

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
About a hundred years ago (well it seems like it), I took delivery of a Renault 5 Gordini Turbo.
It had stuck across the back window in six inch high letters "TURBO", standard decal factory fit.
I told dealer "You can take that bloody eyesore off during PDI".
Most upset they were but did it.

Marmite

Reaction score
Wow! one of 77 RCZ Rs in the country and I'm guessing quite a few still demonstrators at dealers. Chances of spotting a fellow R on the roads pretty slim unless I come to one of the forum meets. I quite like the exclusivity ~ wouldn't get that with a Boxter or TT

;-)