What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How accurate are mpg figures?

FGRob

Reaction score
BangorRCZ said:
FGRob said:
9.7 mpg the other day :helpme:
Good grief, Rob, what were you doing??? :crazy:
Foot to the floor in second gear, had to be quick looking down though :wtf: :thumbup: :dance:

Not a good idea in the current weather conditions though. :idea:

Rob

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:
Scarlet said:
I'm not sorry - I was having fun!!!! :lol:

Anyway it's my birthday today so maybe I can be allowed to wander off topic. I'm not that much of a rebel though - my mpg seems to be stuck at 34.8mpg :)

PS Aussiercz - ask Phoebe out......go on I dare you....... :eusa-whistle:
:happy-wavemulticolor: :dance: :beer: Happy birthday, Scarlet, and many more besides. Hope Troy gave you a lovely pressie ;) :eusa-whistle:

Happy Birthday from me too Scarlet. :beer: :beer: :beer: That's a pretty tempting suggestion Scarlet. I did list Phoebe's attributes on here but I've forgotten them and need reminding however they seem to have disappeared :( I'm pretty sure one of them was fast I think but I may be mistaken :eusa-think:

ps Scarlet if you are stuck on 34.8 mpg it is probably because the computer has tallied it over a long period so it will not change much even with variable driving. Reset your computer and see if you can beat RobFG's 9.7 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

aussiercz said:
ps Scarlet if you are stuck on 34.8 mpg it is probably because the computer has tallied it over a long period so it will not change much even with variable driving. Reset your computer and see if you can beat RobFG's 9.7 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mine was stuck on 34.8 even though I was doing dual carriageway again so I reset it and lo and behold the same journey in the opposite direction with same traffic conditions suddenly produced a much happier 42-43mpg. Wierd!!! The only down side to that is I have a fascination of watching the miles mount up for each petrol fill and then it gets zeroed to balance this out. Ho hum!

A

Anonymous

Since I've had mine it's done about 1400miles and none of the trip computers have been reset and it currently reads 38.1mpg avg. Not bad for a petrol, but way short of 56mpg avg my old 2.2d Mondeo was getting.