What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How accurate are mpg figures?

t110jim

Reaction score
Did 2000 mile trip from scotland down to midlands averaged 49.6mpg, overall with 2900 on the clock 47.6 mpg

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
Hi Bangor RCZ - you doing the same as me and getting distracted at work?!!!!

Yes I want to know too - I had assumed male too!!!!

Scarlet x
I'm addicted to this forum...every time I get near a computer the link is the first I open :oops: . Think I'll have to join another forum...for hopeless causes :lol:

A

Anonymous

Yes, of course :wave:[/quote]
:lol: Leave it to me to ask a closed question where the answer confuses me so I'll try again...are you a boy or a girl? I know this is another closed question but hopefully I'll understand the answer :oops: . (PS, different job today so no-one looking over my shoulder or spying as long as I remember to wipe the internet pages from the computer :eusa-shhh: :thumbup: .)[/quote]

BangorRCZ (and Scarlet), I'll almost feel deflated by resolving the matter; and anticipation and uncertainty are the greatest motivators in life so I 'm going to leave you to form your own conclusion. I know I run the risk of you both responding that you don't really give a s..t, but somehow I suspect that is unlikely. ;) ;)

A

Anonymous

You must be a man you are teasing us! You know what women are like - we won't rest until we find out!!!!!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

aussiercz said:
BangorRCZ (and Scarlet), I'll almost feel deflated by resolving the matter; and anticipation and uncertainty are the greatest motivators in life so I 'm going to leave you to form your own conclusion. I know I run the risk of you both responding that you don't really give a s..t, but somehow I suspect that is unlikely. ;) ;)
RAAATTTTTSSSSS! You're a proper tease and no mistake! So I'm thinking female since we're the best at teasing :lol: . Men aren't subtle enough ;) :lol:

A

Anonymous

Oh Scarlet and BangorRCZ, all I can say is one of you is right and the other wrong!!! :lol: :lol: However this may help: I play golf, much prefer the company of women (particularly if they are restless Scarlet!) and, curiously, have an overwhelming desire to name my new RCZ Phoebe when it arrives even though I have never named my cars before.

A

Anonymous

aussiercz said:
Oh Scarlet and BangorRCZ, all I can say is one of you is right and the other wrong!!! :lol: :lol: However this may help: I play golf, much prefer the company of women (particularly if they are restless Scarlet!) and, curiously, have an overwhelming desire to name my new RCZ Phoebe when it arrives even though I have never named my cars before.
:lol: Okay, still totally ambiguous but I'm now swayed more towards male, so...getting warmer??? ;)

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:
aussiercz said:
:lol: Okay, still totally ambiguous but I'm now swayed more towards male, so...getting warmer??? ;)

Ok, enough of the messing around - yes I am a bloke. Still trying to fathom why I have the urge to name the car Phoebe though :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Plan to give it some major stick down the eastlink , my work pays
for fuel and tolls , so don't care for the fuel , just need to take it
easy till she breaks in , then all bets are of , zoom zoom !!!!!

FGRob

Reaction score
Sorry guys but we have some serious topic drift here, so we can do one of two things remove the side discussion or split it off into the General Chat section, we need to get back to the original OP question.

Thanks Rob.
:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
Sorry guys but we have some serious topic drift here, so we can do one of two things remove the side discussion or split it off into the General Chat section, we need to get back to the original OP question.

Thanks Rob.

Hi FGRob you are right; sorry. I just can't help myself when presented with the opportunity to converse with what I can only conclude are two intelligent and entertaining ladies :dance:

Back on topic - of course. Scarlet and BangorRCZ - how well do you think your mpg numbers reflect how you drive :?:

A

Anonymous

aussiercz said:
FGRob said:

Thanks Rob.

Hi FGRob you are right; sorry. I just can't help myself when presented with the opportunity to converse with what I can only conclude are two intelligent and entertaining ladies :dance:

Back on topic - of course. Scarlet and BangorRCZ - how well do you think your mpg numbers reflect how you drive :?:
Sorry, Rob, knuckles duly rapped :oops: !

Aussiercz, thanks for the compliment :D . I've noticed that when the tank is full, and usually also at the same time I'm driving dual carriageway and not town driving, performance is much better at around 42mpg and then falls again to around 34mpg around town so I'm probably too fond of zooming away from stationary but love to leave people sniffing my tail...er...my car's tail, that is :lol: :lol: :lol: !

A

Anonymous

I'm not sorry - I was having fun!!!! :lol:

Anyway it's my birthday today so maybe I can be allowed to wander off topic. I'm not that much of a rebel though - my mpg seems to be stuck at 34.8mpg :)

PS Aussiercz - ask Phoebe out......go on I dare you....... :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
I'm not sorry - I was having fun!!!! :lol:

Anyway it's my birthday today so maybe I can be allowed to wander off topic. I'm not that much of a rebel though - my mpg seems to be stuck at 34.8mpg :)

PS Aussiercz - ask Phoebe out......go on I dare you....... :eusa-whistle:
:happy-wavemulticolor: :dance: :beer: Happy birthday, Scarlet, and many more besides. Hope Troy gave you a lovely pressie ;) :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

He washed Flash - he is still thawing out - poor chap!!!! He gave me a big box of hotel chocolat choccies and of course the deposit for Flash!

Um..... I once reached 37mpg on the way to Leeds....... :)

A

Anonymous

PS Thx for the birthday wishes!!!!!

PPS In a particularly long traffic jam went down to 30mpg..........

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
He washed Flash - he is still thawing out - poor chap!!!! He gave me a big box of hotel chocolat choccies and of course the deposit for Flash!

Um..... I once reached 37mpg on the way to Leeds....... :)
Is it Troy or Flash that's still thawing out :lol: :?: Enjoy your choccies :thumbup: And as low as 30mpg??? WOW, that's low indeed. Haven't quite got to there yet although Aussiercz had set it as a bit of a challenge to get as low as poss.