What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi

Mr Z

Reaction score
Hey all we are picking up an RCZ tomorrow and thought would join the forum. Car is a 14 plate GT, while my girlfriend has wanted an rcz for years I must admit I know nothing about them. I was really impressed on the test drive and with the spec of the car. Is there a link that shows what standard spec and what are extras? I will have a better look tomorrow but from memory it has auto lights/wipers, Bluetooth, possibly cruise control something on left stick under steering wheel, electric memory and heated seats, front and rear sensors, full leather and 19's. Never noticed if it had nav.

Do all the FL car's have xenons? anyway look forward to learning about the RCZ.

Last edited:

Nemi

Reaction score
The only extras you need are JBL sound system and xenon lights :cool:

Not all FL have xenon lights.

Mr Z

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, not sure if it has either but will find out tom! Was just so taken back by cars condition the body work was immaculate.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome sounds like you’ve bagged yourselves a beauty, sounds like you have a GT spec car but to be honest the options on extras were huge and can add up to some serious cash. If you have a nav it will have the flip up screen on top of the dash.
Anything you need to know should be here in the forum if you can’t find what your looking for just ask we’re a friendly bunch just happy to answer anything and help out. We also have meets and events throughout the year where likeminded owners come together, one you must attend is this years 10th anniversary of the RCZ which is being held at the Yorkshire air museum there may well be over 100 RCZ’s there all displayed in one area! see the events section for further details all are welcome 👍

Mr Z

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. Quite a distance from Yorkshire but does sound like a great meet.

Can anyone tell me what tools came with the rcz as standard? I assume tyre goo over a spare and maybe a jack, wheel brace and something to remove the centre caps?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum.
No Jack comes with the car but a 308 jack will do the job as they have a grove in the jack for the jacking points, or you can get a rubber Puck to fit your trolley jack like this _20200112_161315.JPGhope this helps you can find there on ebay....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Mr Z

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the welcome and for the advice re the puck.

The dealer supplied the car with no tyre mobility kit or wheel brace etc so just trying to determine what I should have as i intend to ask them to supply whatevers missing.

They still have the car as they failed to have the wheels powder coated as agreed so they are now having this carried out.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Your missing your compressor with integrated tyre foam cartridge should look like this A943F4B0-6CD6-4A0F-B571-45227DA80F25.jpeg

Mr Z

Reaction score
Thanks that actually was in the boot but I never took it out for a look. I just assumed that was just a compressor. Is the cartridge replaceable when it goes out of date?

Will likely just pick up a couple of cans of holts tyre weld.

All that was in the boot was that orange compressor and locking wheel nut for the alloys.

2retro

Reaction score
Yes you can replace the cartridge. And you have the standard equipment then, just seem to be missing the little yellow plastic tool for removing the wheel nut covers.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I think the best way forward is to get the a spare wheel full size 19" will fit in the tyre well its a bit tight but will fit, might need to pack the boot tray. You may consider a space saver wheel as other's have done just do a search for the info on the best one for you. Hope this helps you out...
Les n Co

Mr Z

Reaction score
Ok so our first attempt at rcz ownership didnt end well. We had to return the car under the consumer rights act. Endless engine issues and we were given a refund and the dealer has since sent the car to auction!

We were a bit put off going for another rcz but my girlfriend really wanted one. Today we picked up a 15 plate gt line with only 9k miles. The car is like brand new.

One question I have is the wing mirrors, on this 15 plate car they are silver and they were white on the 14 plate. Just wondered if this colour change was due to the model year or if these silver mirrors have been an aftermarket add on.

The aftermarket add on seems unlikely as the seller was a man in his late 80s.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
As far as I know, mirrors on the RCZ were all colour coded unless you opted for the Black Pack, when the mirrors would be gloss black like mine, or I think an option was carbon mirror covers.

Sounds like you have yourself a really nice car there 👍

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I know that you can get chrome covers for the wing Mirrors or add your own the previous owner might have asked for chrome one's to match the arches if they are chrome also...
Ps. What year was the first rcz as if its gone to auction some other unsuspecting buyer might pop onto the forum asking for more information incase they are interested in the car.
Well the new RCZ sounds great is it petrol or diesel...
Les n Co

Mr Z

Reaction score
The wing mirrors on the new one have the side repeaters on the stock. They certainly dont look after market. It was a showroom car that the previous owner bought with 5 miles on the clock.

The first rcz that we bought was a nightmare, in the 3 weeks that we owned it we had it in our possession for about 30 minutes. Despite repeat attempts to repair the car and a final offer of a free 3 year warranty we had no option to reject the car. This was from a large dealer.

Anyway I dont believe that the dealer could fix the engine issues as despite having refurbished the wheels and sorting out cosmetic Mark's they sent the car to central car auctions in Glasgow during the week.

It's highly likely it was bought by a dealer and will surface on autotrader in the coming weeks, it is still showing as untaxed but had been removed from the auction website.

The plate is FP14AZJ it is a white petrol gt line with 32k miles. The bodywork is immaculate but I honestly believe the car needs a new engine and would recommend anyone considering this car to stay away. I have a video of the car engine about to implode if any future perspective buyers happen to see this post please feel free to contact me and I will forward the video on.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well they say every cloud has a silver lining....
Hi GT line a petrol or diesel... As not a lot of RCZs in diesel GT line..
Les n Co

Mr Z

Reaction score
The new one is also petrol. It has been serviced 4 times by Peugeot despite the 9k mileage. It also has Peugeot warranty until June. I think all I have to do is post them the warranty book and a cheque for £25 and they will transfer the warranty to us. Will also consider renewing the warranty come June depending on cost, from the paperwork the previous owner was paying £270 per year to keep the warranty going.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
What colour is your new car? Wing mirror covers are usually colour coded or black or carbon fibre,all have repeaters on the mirror stalk.