What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help - which one to buy

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,
My wife and I have just returned from the Peugeot main dealers having gone there to decide which new Peugeot we should buy seeing as our 207 contract is about to end.
To be honest we were going to just buy another 207 but my wife spotted an RCZ in the corner and the rest is history..
We are thinking of getting the entry level RCZ 156THP sport.
It looks fantastic to me but was a little disappointed with the interior (compared to the exterior)... Is the sport the best one to go for and is it really worth the extra money for the GT... we're far from loaded so your views would be much appreciated!!!... Thanks.... Andy.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum.

It's really an individual decision as to what you require from the car. I bought the 156 Sport but I am in a minority (on the forum anyway). To be honest I chose the Sport model because I didn't need the extra toys that come on the GT. The Sport model is very well specced as it is. The only downsides for me was that you are not able to specify leather seats (you only get them on the GT), so I had mine re-trimmed professionally in Nappa leather and are excellent (even if I say so myself :D ). The second thing was the lack of choice of alloys for 18" tyres. There should be more choice in this area like there are for 19" alloys. Having said that I got the car that I wanted cheaper than the GT version in the end. You will also pay less for insurance too :thumbup:

The choice is yours :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for replying so quickly... Does the sport come with the leather dash too.., and would you mind me asking how much it cost to get your seats covered ??.. To be honest that's the only thing that I really felt I wanted in respect of the sport vs GT argument!!..

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that... Wow how impressive is that interior!!...

A

Anonymous

For me it was having the leather interior as standard and the wider choice of 19" wheels that swayed me towards the GT, i also upgraded to the NG4 media sat nav but this is totaly optional, but i do think it add a bit extra again to the look of the inside.

In all honesty though i dont even use some of the extra toys that the GT brings to the party. I guess with gadgets a lot depends on your motoring needs. :eusa-think:

But like i say it was more appearance rather than the added gadgets that i really wanted out of the GT spec.
I also wanted the outside good looks to continue and follow through to the inside . :thumbup:

Its all so very tempting to keep adding to the shopping list when your sitting in that showroom getting high on the smell of leather. :lol:

I just knew though i would of regretted not having the leather and the 19" wheels later on .
Its a shame really that you cannot just upgrade to leather and even the wheels on the Sport model , i reckon hell of a lot of people would do that over buying the full GT spec.

A

Anonymous

Lol it's funny you should say that jactac. We only went down for a 207 and have come home with every intention of going back this weekend to buy our RCZ... what a dilemma... Leather, satnav, alloys,colour and spec... It's gonna be a long evening I think !!!... The Mrs wants a White GT In White and I'm more than happy with a sport in Nero black....!!!!

A

Anonymous

Looks like this is gonna turn into a colour fight. ANOTHER ONE! :D

A

Anonymous

I had a black car before this and wanted a total change, plus i found it a nightmare to keep "nice n shiny", black can show up the slightest of marks, but i do like the Nero Black RCZ. Personaly though i think the white just takes it from the black, especialy if you go for the 19" Onyx Black Solstice wheels, but then again i would say that wouldnt I. :lol:

I basicaly spec'd my RCZ to my financial limit, then went bloody overboard lol. but i'm not disapointed at all with the look. :dance:
i will say that the standard leather is very good quality, i was very tempted to go for the white leather but you really have to keep on top of that, but it really is an awsome look.

A

Anonymous

Good luck,
but remember this m8,
The wife usually gets the final say, and she obviously has great taste going with a white GT. :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
andrewjharley said:
Thanks for replying so quickly... Does the sport come with the leather dash too.., and would you mind me asking how much it cost to get your seats covered ??.. To be honest that's the only thing that I really felt I wanted in respect of the sport vs GT argument!!..

As others have said the standard dash looks like leather but you can get real all leather dash but to be honest everyone thinks the faux leather is real anyway. When I had my seats retrimmed I was going to get the dash and door cards done too but when I picked the car up from the dealer I didn't think it was worth doing as it looked so good already. When people see my seats they think I've had it all done anyway so enough said really. :thumbup:

It cost me £1000 to have the seats done. They are top quality Nappa leather but they do 2 other types of leather too, which are cheaper. Money which I think was very well spent and I would have all my next cars done too - the choice they have is phenomenal. When we went along to choose my design etc my husband was so impressed he had his car done too. :thumbup: It was actually the dealership that my husband bought his car from that recommended the company to me, as they do work for Range Rover.

I thought for a stunning looking car like the RCZ it was a bit amiss to have cloth seats. Not that there is anything wrong with them, they are good quality but the leather just adds that extra bit of zing :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

andrewjharley said:
Lol...I usually lose!!

Hi Andy....

Go for the GT spec!!!!!!!!!
What about charcoal as a compromise ? After all it is the best colour to have..... :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

baddogbot said:
andrewjharley said:
Lol...I usually lose!!

Hi Andy....

What about charcoal as a compromise ? After all it the best colour to have..... :thumbup:

Well I have 2 yellow cars, 3 white,1 black and 1 gray. Guess what my favorite colour is...

Orange actually! :dance: :lol:

A

Anonymous

andrewjharley said:
Lol.. Hence why she ain't reading your post ...lmao!

Lol,
Typical fella. Crafty but wise :lol:

Think of all the brownie points you will earn though if you let the wife have some input :cool:
Im still getting my feet tickled and my vodka brought to me, just for letting Mrs H have a say on the choice of wheels , i even let her clean them, :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

baddogbot said:
andrewjharley said:
Lol...I usually lose!!

Hi Andy....

What about charcoal as a compromise ? After all it is the best colour to have..... :thumbup:

I totally agree!!!!!

A

Anonymous

if your garage can give you a better deal on the gt rather than the sport go for the gt mate i leased a 156gt for £280 a month,200thp gt £300 with an £1830 deposit i went to 2eugeot dealers and they wanted silly hiked up payments/month