What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hello from Sweden! Got it yesterday!!!

A

Anonymous

Not an owner - yet... But soon I hope...

New to this forum, joined today because I am about to buy an rcz soon.
I am hesitating between buying the 200hp from 2010 with leather and bells and whistles (100 km showroom car) or a new "basic" 156 hp.
Or maybe even wait for the new lineup for 2013 (but I am very eager, I have fell in love with a car for the first time since I saw a Lamborghini Countach when I was young... ;)

I already have read some topics here that might help me in deciding, seems to be a great forum!

Anyone who can help me with this dilemma? :beer:

Cheers
Johan

A

Anonymous

Re: Hello from Sweden!

Hello and welcome its best you just wait and get the winter over wait till febuary then the RCZ facelifted model will be out then decide new or older model :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Personally I would have the nearly new 200BHP with all the bells and whistles. I would not choose a basic model ever. (but that is just how I am) Waiting for the new look RCZ? Well that will depend on how long you are planning to keep the car? If it is long enough to have absorbed the vast majority of the depreciation then personally I think that resale value becomes almost irrelevant, however if this is not to be the case then perhaps waiting would be the better option as it will be more desirable for resale.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Jazzy & OO58RON, I feel very welcome.

I had the RCZ -10 home for the night, just came back from the dealer, felt sad to leave it there... *sigh*

I am planning to keep the car for long, but on the other hand, you never know, if I get too much issues (I have read here about the timing chain/tensioner issues) I might need to sell it, so it is really hard to choose.

Personally I think both the "old" and the 2013 models looks awesome, so I can consider any of them. And this one has already dropped a lot of its price, so it might be the better deal even if I need to sell it someday? Well, I don't konw... :crazy:

Is there any difference in the construction of the timing chain/tensioner between the 2010 2012 or 2013 models?

Just got hooked, what a beauty and a joy to drive! :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score

If its any help I've had my RCZ for 2 years and plan on buying the facelifted RCZ sometime next year. Go with what your head says. If you buy now you are obviously getting a lot of car at a very good price. Buying new will restrict you to whatever your budget is. Which would you prefer?

My car had the timing chain and tensioner replaced recently. It's the only problem I have had and was quickly resolved by my dealer. Obviously in a year the car would be out of warranty so could cost a bit of money to put right. There is no news on whether there is any differences in engine design in the facelifted model. We shall see.

I hope you get the car you want soon :)

A

Anonymous

Thank you RCZ! I hope so too :dance:

Good to hear you've had no more problems with your car than this, it makes me think about going ahead with the deal.
(They didn't specify how much the replacement cost even if it was warranty? I will check what my dealer will take for it, as you suggested)

Imagine going back to the Volvo this morning after a 20 hour company with the RCZ... :sleeping-yellow:

ksb

Reaction score

As someone who faced similar choices 2 months ago I'd suggest doing what makes you most happy.

I went for a new car simply because the apr on the passport scheme is so low at the moment it made it cheaper than buying second hand (which works to a different apr scale), and I got the spec I wanted (and a few other bits thanks to advice here). However if you have the dosh to lay out then there is an obvious saving in second hand, and you'll have a topped up warranty to give some peace of mind. Also you'd hope any major flaws would have been sorted by then.

The other reason I went for new was simply I've never had a new car before (had several new bikes) and as the whole thing is a treat to myself, I thought, what the hell ;)

btw if the dealer feels you're on the brink of buying they'll almost certainly give you an extended lend (long weekend or something) if they have a few stood on the lot.

A

Anonymous

Kraftwerk some great advice has been given especially by rcz1 its the most sense l have ever saw her post.... :lol: as for champagne Ron that's just option SNobbery.... ;) if the dealer's car is the colour you really want and has low mileage and good extras then really its a no brainer....lol

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

Welcome. I do not have anything new to add as the others have covered everything already, typical for such a great forum.

I am sure you will make the best decision for you and it will be one that puts and keeps a smile on your face for a long long time.

BTW...we ship to Sweden ;)

A

Anonymous

Thank you ‪ksb‬, JASSY AND ‪RCZ-Performance‬!
This forum seems to be the place to be 4 me! :)

I am still struggling with my decision, the test drive made me wanting this car NOW ( I got that smile on my face you mention RCZ-P, and I just checked out your website... ;)), but I decided to wait at least one more day to think about what deal makes me most happy ( thank you for that insight ksb ;) )

If I go for the "old" showroom car I will make sure that I'll get a new timing chain/tensioner if I get problems with it during the three ears of guaranty.

Again Thank you all for your input, it is my choose in the end but it is great to hear what you think about it.

I'll stay here 4 sure!

(BTW, how is it to drive on icy roads during the winter?)

Cheers
Johan

A

Anonymous

icy roads near impossible on 19" alloys and low profile tyres, 18" wheels + winter tyres are a must around your neck of the woods :(

A

Anonymous

Heh, thank you for the warning Jassy.

I am proud to announce that I settled the deal yesterday, will go and sign the papers in a few hours.
I checked the two year extra guaranty and it covers the chain/tensioner and a lot of other things I was a bit worried about.
Collecting the beauty sometime next week, it will be reconditioned and inspected, can't wait to own this piece of art! :dance: :dance: :beer: :beer:

Thank you all for your advice, it was a great help for me! :)

A

Anonymous

Ching Ching.....................well done................ :lol:

A

Anonymous

I believe that is the right choice. Congratulations :clap: I am still confused as to how a 2010 car can have such low mileage though? I bought a brand new car with more miles than that on the clock. I wasn't too happy at the time, but was told anything below 200miles was still classed as new!! I bet they'd take a different view, had I put those miles on and then returned it to them.

A

Anonymous

Ching Ching........ Thank you Jassy! :lol:

And OO58RON, that was one of my concerns too, a bit suspicious that it has so low milage after two years, but I get full warranties for 3 years and a description of goods, so I hope there is nothing fishy about it (it doesn't feel so, it is a big Peugeot dealer in Sweden, so...)
They say it has been in showrooms only and that they had other cars for test drives...

A

Anonymous

This has been a loooooong weekend... :wtf:

A

Anonymous

:lol: :lol: when do you pick up your little beauty? Please post up some pics when you do!!

A

Anonymous

:cool: They said it should be ready later this week, whatever that means...
I will post pictures as soon as I get a chance to shoot some!

A

Anonymous

Splendid!!! You'll be desperate for that phone to ring!!

A

Anonymous

200 bhp is the way to go i have the 156 bhp gt :( too slow as my last car had 200 bhp even it wasnt enough and it was lighter than the rcz, but the 200bhp rcz has more torque and thats what matters hope your pre delivery days pass quickly........... what colour is it :eusa-think: bet its dolphin blue or shark grey.... :helpme: :lol: or have i got the 2 colours back to front................ :lol: