What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GUIDE: Updating the firmware, maps and installing risk areas (RADARs) on NG4

DenisPegugeot

Reaction score
I managed to flash the maps 2023, avoided the 0x1BC error, just formatted it through Windows. Now the question: On the maps, Peugeot does not show the permitted speed on current roads? how can this be done? is it posible?

NF7

Reaction score
I managed to flash the maps 2023, avoided the 0x1BC error, just formatted it through Windows. Now the question: On the maps, Peugeot does not show the permitted speed on current roads? how can this be done? is it posible?
Not to my knowledge.

AlexDee

Reaction score
Denis, I always install maps from Mac, never had any problems. Format with Disk Utility, then use BlueHarvest to clean the USB stick. Stop.

Reactions: NF7

vin100

Reaction score
Hello,
I updated the new 2023 maps while driving for chrismas.
The pronunciation of some cities is in a wrong language but it works.
Since a few days, I have the issue, that the unit restarts from alone.
I had this issue after an update 2 years ago and I downgraded to the 2015 maps.
I don't want to downgrade again and I make a factory reset and since I did that, the hole unit is corrupt.
It restarts automaticaly very very often, yesterday it was every 30 seconds! It su...s!!!
All the changes (colour, language, etc) won't be strored, so I have to do it everytime I start the car! It's awful!
I had a look in the system menu today but I don't know wich point could be significant.
Any idea? Factory reset again? HDD busted? Downgrade the maps?
The BSI-reset is so tricky, I don't dare to do it.
Thanks for helping!

NF7

Reaction score
Hello,
I don't want to downgrade again and I make a factory reset and since I did that, the hole unit is corrupt.
It restarts automaticaly very very often, yesterday it was every 30 seconds! It su...s!!!
All the changes (colour, language, etc) won't be strored, so I have to do it everytime I start the car! It's awful!
I had a look in the system menu today but I don't know wich point could be significant.
Thanks for helping!
Hm, I never had issues with unit restarting. This seems like HDD issue and the update was written on an area with bad sectors. I'd try a factory reset only.

lfe

Reaction score
Hello,
Thanks for helping!

If you still have a USB or SD memory connected, disconnect it!
It could be that the memory has errors and NG4 is very sensitive to that.

It happened to me, a USB memory with errors caused multiple hard resets, losing all configurations.

You could verify and correct errors by connecting it to the computer, also format it again, full format, not the quick one.

vin100

Reaction score
If you still have a USB or SD memory connected, disconnect it!
It could be that the memory has errors and NG4 is very sensitive to that.

It happened to me, a USB memory with errors caused multiple hard resets, losing all configurations.

You could verify and correct errors by connecting it to the computer, also format it again, full format, not the quick one.
OK Thanks.
Yes I had a USB and a SD card (only music) connected while factory reset.
By updating the maps ans POI I only use a full formated USB or SD as discribe on page 1.
I will try a new factory reset without both.

vin100

Reaction score
Hm, I never had issues with unit restarting. This seems like HDD issue and the update was written on an area with bad sectors. I'd try a factory reset only.
Do you know if it's possible to defragment the HDD? Maybe through the USB port?

NF7

Reaction score
Do you know if it's possible to defragment the HDD? Maybe through the USB port?
You have to remove the HDD to do that. It is also a bad idea, I would replace the HDD with a CF Card if you have such issues. LINK

vin100

Reaction score
You have to remove the HDD to do that. It is also a bad idea, I would replace the HDD with a CF Card if you have such issues. LINK
Thanks, I know the link. Do you know or have a tutorial how to get all the unit out of the car?

AlexDee

Reaction score
New risk areas / radars ? Still stuck at the August file?

SixOfSpades

Reaction score
Hi!

Updated my 2012 RCZ's firmware first try - cheers!

Just wanted to double check about the maps - is the EUROPE 2023-1 the right one for the UK? And everything's all working with Navigation (like postcodes etc.)?

Download's ticking away now, but I wanted to check before I potentially made a fool of myself.

Thanks!

NF7

Reaction score
Hi!

Updated my 2012 RCZ's firmware first try - cheers!

Just wanted to double check about the maps - is the EUROPE 2023-1 the right one for the UK? And everything's all working with Navigation (like postcodes etc.)?

Download's ticking away now, but I wanted to check before I potentially made a fool of myself.

Thanks!
I did not have any issues with postcodes with 2023-1. It is catered to EUROPE WEST (so yes, UK included).

S-J

Reaction score
Hi i just have a question.

i just installed the maps and it seems the poi list is missing. when driving around the maps work fine and we seen poi icons but when going into the poi list itself there is nothing there.

any idea what it might be or do i need a seperate download for that.