What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GTechniq G1

A

Anonymous

BespokeCarCare said:
C5 Is very good but very important to make sure the wheels are spotless before applying C5 and IPA wipedown is a good idea or carpro eraser if you cant get any ipa

Only other thing i dont actually do is coat rear windscreens with Glass coatings due to sun hitting the beads which can cause distractions in the sumer in your mirror alot of cars dont have rear wipers now so its better for the water to sheet of the rear windscreen thats just my opinion of course

Thanks, where is the best place to purchase IPA?

A

Anonymous

I get mine from work - being a scientist SOMETIMES has it's advantages!!!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Clean Your Car sell it along with many others on line.

RCZ1 I thought you had the hump and was telling me to clean my car and then sell it and thought :crazy: , what have I done to deserve that? :( then realised it must be an online shop............ :lol:

Thanks will look.

RCZ1

Reaction score
ryanb said:
RCZ1 said:
Clean Your Car sell it along with many others on line.

RCZ1 I thought you had the hump and was telling me to clean my car and then sell it and thought :crazy: , what have I done to deserve that? :( then realised it must be an online shop............ :lol:

Thanks will look.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that really made me laugh :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1, BespokeCarCare, as well as getting the C5 for the wheels I am getting the G1 for the glass which I think also comes with G2? Which I think is IPA?

If I am correct in that the G2 does come with the G1 could I use this to clean the wheels before applying the C5?

your assistance is appreciated

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yes G2 comes with G1 and it is IPA. I would do your windows first and see how much G2 you use on there and then clean down your wheels with what's left. You have to work quick as the G2 evaporates quickly, so apply to a small area at a time otherwise it loses its effectiveness.

A

Anonymous

for my glass I use rainx good stuff got a spray version from asda for £2 the other day drove to Scotland and back over 5days away and its still ll beading really good.

A

Anonymous

I would really like to have my windows treated with this product. My detailer didn't do anything similar to it. He is a Swissvax approved person. I tried it out on the wifes car and made a "pigs ear" of it. So would love to find a professional to apply it properly.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I would really like to have my windows treated with this product. My detailer didn't do anything similar to it. He is a Swissvax approved person. I tried it out on the wifes car and made a "pigs ear" of it. So would love to find a professional to apply it properly.

really ron you dont need a professional to do this, purchase the product and just do 1 window at and a day at time.
good microfibre cloth's will save you energy and time,try the side windows first they are smallest and see how you get on and familiarise yourself with its application. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I was going to do one of the rear side windows first to try it out before launching into the rear window, that's the main one I want to treat, not too fussed about the side windows really, I find my Fast Glass does a decent job on them. See how much I have left :eusa-whistle:
Getting to the time of year though where trying to find a nice day that's not sunny isn't easy!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ron, If you wanted I could apply it for you. One good turn deserves another :thumbup: I know you had some problems with your OH's car but once you do it correctly, you won't have any problems.

I'm in the process of getting you some special polish from Gtechniq, which will remove the G1 on your OH's car.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Ron, If you wanted I could apply it for you. One good turn deserves another :thumbup: I know you had some problems with your OH's car but once you do it correctly, you won't have any problems.

I'm in the process of getting you some special polish from Gtechniq, which will remove the G1 on your OH's car.

Sounds kinky.................. ;) :lol:

A

Anonymous

Finally got round to applying GTechniq G1 on my windscreen last weekend (total: 7 hours detailing the car) - ended up doing 3 coats front, 3 coats rear ... with none left over to do side windows and mirrors :(

I guess I may have used a bit much, buffing it off was a pain even with IPA. I prepped the windscreen and rear with G4 glass polish.

Got caught in a hot sunny squall today and I must say G1 is really impressive, I really didn't need to use the wipers. The G1 replaced a proprietory SierraGlow window coating. Compared to the CARS International product I have on the family sedan, G1 that I did myself is heaps better - and a lot cheaper too, except the elbow grease cost :)

Maybe I'll just get G3 for the side windows.

RCZ1

Reaction score
G1 does require a lot of elbow grease to remove but it's worth it in the end. I've used Megs Glass Cleaner to help get rid of the residue and it works well with no effect on how G1 works. Still going strong 15 months later on my car. It's great stuff :thumbup: