What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Got my dream car

A

Anonymous

Pugrcz11 said:
Got my Peugeot RCZ 200GT that I've wanted for ages and could finally afford it on an 11 plate. I have fallen in love with it and can't stop staring at it and watching videos on YouTube. Only trouble is I've only had it a week and a half and after about a minute of driving a warning comes on saying engine temperature fault. The needle shoots to the end and then after the warning has gone the needle drops down to nothing and then rises as normal. The drive of the car doesn't change one bit though. Having read things on here sounds like a sensor fault so hopefully nothing to worry too much about. Better crack on and get it sorted out!

Hi welcome m8 im a newbie too and had a problem solved by reading this site,Im onto my 2nd rcz my first was a 156gt now have the 200 GT love it in both have been charcoal grey .. my problem was very bad pull away in first gear arrghhh ... and unbelievably was solved by using shell v power nitro plus petrol.. the diferance was immediate ..also had it road tested by garage which confirmed using the higher octane performance petrol can make all the difference:) so make sure if u can use the higher grade petrol it works .. enjoy:)

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
tommy_rcz said:
Pugrcz11 said:
Got my Peugeot RCZ 200GT that I've wanted for ages and could finally afford it on an 11 plate. I have fallen in love with it and can't stop staring at it and watching videos on YouTube. Only trouble is I've only had it a week and a half and after about a minute of driving a warning comes on saying engine temperature fault. The needle shoots to the end and then after the warning has gone the needle drops down to nothing and then rises as normal. The drive of the car doesn't change one bit though. Having read things on here sounds like a sensor fault so hopefully nothing to worry too much about. Better crack on and get it sorted out!

Hi welcome m8 im a newbie too and had a problem solved by reading this site,Im onto my 2nd rcz my first was a 156gt now have the 200 GT love it in both have been charcoal grey .. my problem was very bad pull away in first gear arrghhh ... and unbelievably was solved by using shell v power nitro plus petrol.. the diferance was immediate ..also had it road tested by garage which confirmed using the higher octane performance petrol can make all the difference:) so make sure if u can use the higher grade petrol it works .. enjoy:)

That's very interesting Tommy, I have also struggled in first gear but put it down to not being used to driving the RCZ also thinking that it had a high clutch and it would take time to get used to.

I have often jumped down the road which my wife finds very embarrassing, but like I said I just put it down to being a different car. If I really put effort in and think what I'm doing I can get away smoothly, it's just finding the right revs and lifting the clutch at the right time.

I will take your advice of which I am great-full and see if it improves.

A

Anonymous

Pugrcz11 said:
tommy_rcz said:
Pugrcz11 said:

Ok yeah do try it i could not believe the difference it made pulling away in 1st gear i thought the same as you. but i didnt have the problem in the 156GT the guy from garage said its cause the 200GT will have a diff set up and performs alot better with the premium petrol.. hope it works the same for you ...enjoy:)

That's very interesting Tommy, I have also struggled in first gear but put it down to not being used to driving the RCZ also thinking that it had a high clutch and it would take time to get used to.

I have often jumped down the road which my wife finds very embarrassing, but like I said I just put it down to being a different car. If I really put effort in and think what I'm doing I can get away smoothly, it's just finding the right revs and lifting the clutch at the right time.

I will take your advice of which I am great-full and see if it improves.

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
So yesterday I had to pick the wife up from work, she gets in the car at 19:55, I've got 5 mins to get to the mother in laws before England kick off. I turn out of where she works and get to a roundabout, the slowest bus I've ever seen drives in front of me, there's no way I'm staying behind this bus and put the pedal to the metal. I smash past the bus but when I reach quite high revs the engine temperature warning comes on. As I've only just had it replaced I'm a bit gutted but who cares I'm about to watch England rise from the ashes. Then we lose. Then I wake up in the morning and remember what happened the day before and now it doesn't seem worth it. Thanks England never fail to let me down.

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
So it was time for a new car, and I loved the Rcz so much... I got another one.

This time a mk2 Moroccan red, gt like last time.

I've only just got it but the main difference I have noticed is the new one hasn't got xenon headlights. Is this not something that comes as standard with the gt?

tianorth

Reaction score
Xenon are optional extras, always have been.

On some limited editions they may have come as standard, but that would be covered under the spec.

Find out if the will swap the xenons from your old car to this one!

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
Might be a bit too late for that, they already have my old one up for sale, but thanks for clearing that up, I thought for a minute that the previous owner might have had them changed, for what reason I don't know.

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
One thing I just can't get my head around is why did they stop making this car?

I've always had an eye for beauty, be it clothes, Jewellery, women or cars and for the life of me I cannot find a car that compares, and that I can afford.

It just seems a massive shame.

2retro

Reaction score
One of life's mysteries right there. :(

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I know it's impossible to predict, but I reckon..........

When cars like the Ford Capri, Jensen Interceptor, etc etc came out, they were considered as sporty, beautiful cars.
When we look back now, they look dated, and quite ordinary really.

I think that when people look back in the future, they will still think that the RCZ is a beautiful car, maybe it will look slightly dated, who knows how cars will develop, but I honestly think it will be looked upon as being a classically beautiful car.

Just a thought :eusa-think: