What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Got my dream car

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
Got my Peugeot RCZ 200GT that I've wanted for ages and could finally afford it on an 11 plate. I have fallen in love with it and can't stop staring at it and watching videos on YouTube. Only trouble is I've only had it a week and a half and after about a minute of driving a warning comes on saying engine temperature fault. The needle shoots to the end and then after the warning has gone the needle drops down to nothing and then rises as normal. The drive of the car doesn't change one bit though. Having read things on here sounds like a sensor fault so hopefully nothing to worry too much about. Better crack on and get it sorted out!

pete.garratt

Reaction score
This sounds like the well-known temperature sensor problem. If I knew what I was doing, I'd insert a link to some of the previous relevant threads, but I'm afraid it's beyond me just now.

What I can say is that - if it is the sensor issue - there are several users here that have experienced it and have had modified parts fitted. If you have any kind of warranty running, I'd advise you contact your dealer and see about a repair. After doing a bit of research on this forum to acquaint yourself with the experiences of others, that is.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Welcome :) It seems the RCZ has found someone else ;)

Does your car have any options fitted? Do you have any plans for it, or just keeping it standard?

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
Thanks for the messages everybody, sounds like a sensor to me having read up on it more. I just got out the documents I received when I purchased the car and I do have a warranty but haven't received it yet ( it says it should be with me within 14 days). I got my car from Mercedes, so I think I have to take it to Peugeot and then get them to contact the warranty people.

As for doing modifications I'm going to keep it standard. Black paint, black 19" alloys, 200bhp what more could I want?!

A

Anonymous

Pugrcz11 said:
As for doing modifications I'm going to keep it standard. Black paint, black 19" alloys, 200bhp what more could I want?!

That's what I told the missus :twisted: And then I saw the Zunsport quad exhaust group buy - see pics halfway down this thread for what it looks like:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7502&hilit=zunsport+exhaust&start=80

Technically it's an option vs a modification as it was part of the Peugeot Feline pack... (so won't affect the warranty) :thumbup: I've also treated myself to a footrest (which should have been OEM for RHD cars too IMO!), a boot tray and a keyring! (see pics at bottom):

Can highly recommend RCZPERFORMANCE (on this forum) for bits, he is a true gent :thumbup:

http://www.rczperformance.com/PeugeotParts.html
http://www.rczperformance.com/

A

Anonymous

:text-welcomewave: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave:

Shame about the early misfortune. However a well documented fault and easily remedied. Don't worry about not being able to stop looking at it, that is normal. A condition known the RCZ syndrome, no known cure.

Simply enjoy the car that has chosen you and be happy.

A

Anonymous

pete.garratt said:
mistral_blue said:
Here you go, a small selection:

Well, I'm glad someone knows what they're doing!

Seconded! Top work mistral!

Also, welcome to the forum and so pleased that you got the car that your heart was set on. The fault you report is fairly common (as I'm sure you have now realised) and is easily rectified. Here's to countless happy miles together shortly!

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Congratulations and Welcome!

Even if you do not need modifications you will want at least wiper blades at some point, and we sell them too ;)

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
I saw some pictures somewhere on this forum of tyres with splits in them by the alloys but I can't find them now can anybody help me?

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
So the black panther, or princess as my wife calls her, is in the Peugeot garage now. Hopefully it's just a sensor problem and hopefully they stock the sensor so I don't have to go back. Not sure if they will though. Missing her already!

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
Got her back now and it's all sorted just put a new sensor in. My advice to anybody who gets this problem and it's obviously common is don't worry!