What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Genuine Leather or Not on the dashboard and door?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I read the discussions and still get confused.

Is the dashboard using genuine leather or not in the making? How to tell? My dealer said is leather, but I am not sure.

It is having the same colour as my seat, mid grey.

A

Anonymous

Glad you asked this one ,
when I was ordering my RCZ the salesman said the leather dash was £450 more to have ,I declined the offer :) and ordered without the leather dash , i had done my home work and read that the un-leather dash look like leather anyways . he said everyone always orders the leather dash and I was the first customer not too. :?
but when I went to view my car he told that its came with the leather dash anyway . save me £450
I have seen one without the leather and its looks the same as mine, but I have a friend who had a RCZ as a company car and she said its the leather dash so im totally confused
so how do you tell . leather or not , maybe have to smell it :dance:

A

Anonymous

The upgrade is for 'integral' leather instead of 'simple' leather. Not seen the upgrade in the flesh to know the diffrence!!!

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
The upgrade is for 'integral' leather instead of 'simple' leather. Not seen the upgrade in the flesh to know the diffrence!!!

According to one post in the forum, both are same leather, just that "integral" is the one that match to the colour of the seats.

Am I right? Wrong?

(I did try smell the seat and the dashboard...can't tell still. :D )

A

Anonymous

Well I was going to go for real leather but it only came in black & white Moooo!

Peugeot RCZ 2.0 GT Hdi Dolphin Blue
Sports steering wheel
Personalised plate
Painted calipers
Carbon wing mirrors
Carbon roof wrap

A

Anonymous

Rczmk said:
Well I was going to go for real leather but it only came in black & white Moooo!

Peugeot RCZ 2.0 GT Hdi Dolphin Blue
Sports steering wheel
Personalised plate
Painted calipers
Carbon wing mirrors
Carbon roof wrap

So any other colour are not real leather?

A

Anonymous

Well mines the fake stuff but everyone thinks its leather so who am i to correct them money well saved and spent on xeon's instead much better option for look of car sniffing seats that's a whole different fetish me thinks :eusa-think: :eek: :shock:

A

Anonymous

The standard dash looks like leather but is actually a very clever synthetic material. Even the sales guys struggle to understand it.

I went for the napa leather in mine and you can tell the difference in texture and smell.

There are many who can't tell the difference though!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
You can tell the real leather by the stitching too. Ron will tell you about that.
The only way that I know that you can tell the difference is that the "fake" leather has White stitching whereas the "Genuine" leather is colour coordinated. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

I have the leather but the courtesy car I currently have does not. I am glad that I have it.

As Ron says the non leather has white stitching which looks good but the leather does look better, mind you the courtesy car does not have the NG4 option so the overal look is not as good full stop.

A

Anonymous

Amazing really just how much we are prepared to pay for a different coloured thread :roll: Okay that is somewhat tongue in cheek, but is there really any benefits to the real thing over the real looking version ?

A

Anonymous

Mine is grey colour thread stitch, so I guess it is genuine leather then. :)

A

Anonymous

Hmm, perhaps a 50p grey marker pen on those white stitches will give 'instant leather' if the difference is that hard to tell!!!

A

Anonymous

I like the white stitching :D
maybe because I have a white RCZ all matches :dance:
so question is how do we clean it ??? :eusa-think:

Goatz

Reaction score
is the stitching light or dark grey if it is leather?
is this Is this real leather?

Attachments

• C668CFF5-B330-4827-994A-6E21E3F584F2.jpeg
    C668CFF5-B330-4827-994A-6E21E3F584F2.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 66

DKZ5745

Reaction score
That will be faux leather. It was only leather when the extended leather option was chosen. Yours looks exactly like mine. 👀