What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gear knob from 308

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Is it only going to be available in the R style red finish from you Steve? I only ask because I'd be interested but I have absolutely no trace of red apart from the latter part of my rev counter. Black I'd be interested in however.
This is on my 'todo' list.

I am looking for someone with an RCZ R in black to see if they have one in black. If there is a black insert one out there please share that information with me please.

A

Anonymous

As I recall both the Black and the Moroccan at Geneva had the same interior styling. Ie Red stitching and Red accessories

Abzynthe

Reaction score
There was a black R in Leicester and that had the red insert. So you would need to use the 308 gear knob for a black one.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
There was a black R in Leicester and that had the red insert. So you would need to use the 308 gear knob for a black one.

I think I have found the part code for the 308 black insert one but came across a statement on the advertisement of it as follows:

VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY
 Compatible only on vehicles fitted with 6-speed manual gearbox.

COMPATIBILITY WITH PEUGEOT VEHICLES
 Not compatible with the 3008 HYBRID and RCZ 2.00L diesel engine (DW).

That statement of not compatible with the RCZ 2.0l HDi is questionable.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
:eusa-think: I dont see why it would be any different to a petrol. We all have 6 speed boxes (not sure about auto's but they would need a different knob anyway).

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
:eusa-think: I dont see why it would be any different to a petrol. We all have 6 speed boxes (not sure about auto's but they would need a different knob anyway).

I agree and that is why I am not sure why that is stated on what I received.

I have an email into my Peugeot source about it and costs for the black insert unit.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
If anyone has a black one at the meet in May, ill happily risk punching myself in the face to test it on my car :)

A

Anonymous

I'm still debating on the 308 gear knob (black insert) I've got one ready to collect at the dealer tomorrow.

Reaction score
kaminski said:
yeah.. i dont see why it wouldnt do the 163 myself(black i mean) is it to do with the short throw stick maybe? as not on the d...

Mmmmmm not sure I thought they were all the same I was just looking to order one off Steve but noticed that it said not the diesel models.

A

Anonymous

I presume its made from an alloy? if so, even though i like the look of it, I will be staying well clear after burning the palm of my hand on a similar object on a Citroen!!!
keep it out of the sun guys
:shock:

Diggerd

A

Anonymous

diggerd said:
.. I will be staying well clear after burning the palm of my hand on a similar knob on a citroen!!!
Diggerd

Dangers of Dogging I guess..... :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

The only reason I can think of why they say not suitable for the HDi is maybe (and I wouldn't know) that the gears are located in different positions and so could lead to incorrect gear selection? If you was to follow the schematics on the knob, Possibly maybe?

A

Anonymous

A different diameter on the gearstick maybe? Can't imagine why but you never know. Also quite possible that it's a simple mistake in Peugeot's documentation!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Are the part numbers from servicebox different for the standard gear knob? that would tell you if these a difference with threads or diameters ?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Thats a good thought Ron, but the gears are in the same place on the 308 and RCZ. (Well my OHs are the same as mine)

Just thought, I can test my OHs knob on mine :lol:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
It's difficult for us to determine the reason for this mention about the black insert (308) not fitting the HDi in the RCZ as we do not have an HDi to test and our Peugeot source is not able to shed any more light on this as well.

As previously mentioned it doesn't make sense to us, but Peugeot must have a reason for stating this on the document that has all of the information about this gear knob.

So if anyone is able to shed more light on this and can confirm or prove otherwise please let us know.