What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gear knob from 308

A

Anonymous

Forgive me if someone has posted this elsewhere.

I quite like the new style gear knob as found in the new 208 and 308. I notice on the RCZ-R it also has been fitted with the same design, albeit with some red detailing.

Has anyone or does anyone know if I could buy one from a 308 and fit it in my forthcoming RCZ 156?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Hi,
This is one of the more recent mods that members are starting to do. I have one on order at the moment, so will be doing this as soon as it arrives :)

Another member has done this in the last couple of days also. See thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7633

Its just a matter of pulling the old one off and pushing the new one on. Although it will be a tight fit to stop it twisting in your hand during daily use.

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Hi,
This is one of the more recent mods that members are starting to do. I have one on order at the moment, so will be doing this as soon as it arrives :)

Another member has done this in the last couple of days also. See thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7633

Its just a matter of pulling the old one off and pushing the new one on. Although it will be a tight fit to stop it twisting in your hand during daily use.
Are gear knobs not screwed on anymore then Abz?

Enjoy the smiles and miles.
Keep safe and keep detailing.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
None of my previous Peugeots have had screw on knobs, they have all been pushed on.

But Im not 100% on the RCZ as I havent done it yet. But im sure I read somewhere on here that it just pulls off.
The diagram on service box doesnt show any threads on the lever.

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
None of my previous Peugeots have had screw on knobs, they have all been pushed on.

But Im not 100% on the RCZ as I havent done it yet. But im sure I read somewhere on here that it just pulls off.
The diagram on service box doesnt show any threads on the lever.
Ok cool, didn't know that, thanks

Enjoy the smiles and miles.
Keep safe and keep detailing.

A

Anonymous

I too recall reading that with a strength of both heart and muscle the gear knob simply pulls off

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
We will be selling the RCZ 'R' gear knob soon on our shop. It comes with the red inserts and is a Genuine Peugeot product. Keep track of this via our Facebook page.

Abz will have one shortly ;)

Abzynthe

Reaction score
pete.garratt said:
Did you know I'll be getting one 'free' - when I pick up my new R in a couple of weeks! Lol

Fancy paying 30k+ for a car, just to get a gear knob for free :p :lol:

A

Anonymous

Mine apparently will be with the dealer tomorrow. I did look to cancel it but they said they couldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
It looks really good in red :)

Attachments

• 20140402_153836.jpg
    20140402_153836.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4,279

Abzynthe

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
CatherineF said:
Mine apparently will be with the dealer tomorrow. I did look to cancel it but they said they couldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh good. You can be our guinea pig for fitting abs telling us how it's done :)

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

I nearly punched myself in the face :( It takes some force, and then it just gives, so keep your face out the way :lol:

A

Anonymous

Is it only going to be available in the R style red finish from you Steve? I only ask because I'd be interested but I have absolutely no trace of red apart from the latter part of my rev counter. Black I'd be interested in however.