What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gear knob from 308

A

Anonymous

CatherineF said:
I'll have a look for one. I was only thinking this morning that the cup holder in the RCZ wasn't a great size or depth.
But just the right size for these smellies

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I can confirm, the black insert one is exactly the same as the red and WILL fit a HDi.

Attachments

• 20140406_103012.jpg
    20140406_103012.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3,667
  • 20140406_102939.jpg
    20140406_102939.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3,667
  • 20140406_102856.jpg
    20140406_102856.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3,668

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Snowy87 said:
the only problem is which one to go for red or black...............mmm :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :thumbup:

That is one of those unanswerable questions ;)

A

Anonymous

Do the markings on the knob correlate with the actual gears on the HDi? As we have six forward and a reverse and I believe the petrol engined variants are only five forward gears.

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
I'm liking the gloss surround on the gear shift gaiter. Matches the facia and appears to add a touch of quality to it :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Snowy87 said:
No, there are definitely 6 on my 156GT petrol Ron :thumbup:
Is it five on the none GT version then? I can't recall the name just now, possibly "sport" but maybe that's harking back to my Vauxhall days :helpme:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
The two knobs are both exactly the same. And im sure all manual RCZs have a 6 speed (+reverse) gearbox in the same configuration.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Do the markings on the knob correlate with the actual gears on the HDi? As we have six forward and a reverse and I believe the petrol engined variants are only five forward gears.
Er no Ron, we have 6 gears in the petrol variants to, times have moved on now :lol:

Enjoy the smiles and miles.
Keep safe and keep detailing.

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
OO58RON said:
Er no Ron, we have 6 gears in the petrol variants to, times have moved on now :lol:

Enjoy the smiles and miles.
Keep safe and keep detailing.

OK, senility shines through, yet again. I know that when I bought a car it came with an extra gear to either the petrol or maybe the lower spec model. Shame is I don't/can't recall which or obviously what that car was, but clearly it was not the RCZ. :oops:

A

Anonymous

I'd have thought the Thp engine'd cars would have always had a 6 speed?

Mind you i was surprised that my manual 508 was a 5 speed in this day and age.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Thanks Abz for the confirmation, I will remove the comment about the black insert not fitting the HDi from our pages.

I am working on the group buy and should have that sorted this week offering both the black and red inserts as choices, but the black one is still more expensive for some reason.

Sent from our RCZ

A

Anonymous

I think if you have red trim in the cabin then the red insert would be perfect. If you haven't then I'd always go with the black insert.

Of course it's all personal preference at the end of the day.

A

Anonymous

When I picked mine up from parts I commented you could do someone an injury as it was so heavy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
No worries :) I did think it would fit, but its always best to check before wasting money and I had the opportunity to test it :)