What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front Bumper

A

Anonymous

Yeah Ron, it's extruded black plastic, my guess is that it's not even painted, and the colour and shine comes from the extrusion process.
I wouldnt mind betting that it's not even got a coat of lacquer on it, as theres no paint to protect and the shine is already in the black gloss polymer.

All I gotta do now is get hold of one. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Yeah Ron, it's extruded black plastic, my guess is that it's not even painted, and the colour and shine comes from the extrusion process.
I wouldnt mind betting that it's not even got a coat of lacquer on it, as theres no paint to protect and the shine is already in the black gloss polymer.

All I gotta do now is get hold of one. :eusa-think:
And stop visiting remote areas alone in the dark :lol:

A

Anonymous

RESULT :dance:
Huge thanks to Richard from Peuget Group, he has not only tracked down the part number, but also had the part physically checked at their warehouse to see if it does have the cut outs for parking sensors and tow hitch eye.

What a fella :clap:

So I will be back to my dealer in the morning with the part number so that it can be ordered. :thumbup:

Thanks again Richard, and Peugeot Group :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
RESULT :dance:
Huge thanks to Richard from Peuget Group, he has not only tracked down the part number, but also had the part physically checked at their warehouse to see if it does have the cut outs for parking sensors and tow hitch eye.

What a fella :clap:

So I will be back to my dealer in the morning with the part number so that it can be ordered. :thumbup:

Thanks again Richard, and Peugeot Group :clap:

Another great result from Richard and Peugeot Group.

He's a top, top fella :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

He sure is, :thumbup:
But also, I would not of even known about Richard or Peugeot Group if it wasnt for this forum, so a well deserved thanks here too.
Keep up the good work :clap: :clap:

A

Anonymous

Pretty much pats on the back and high fives all around then!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

In work at the moment, but will post it tonight when I get home.

A

Anonymous

The part number for the front bumper cover "black shiny" bit, with parking sensor cut outs and tow eye cut out is; 745378
This part fits the GT model, 2010-2013 (Not 2013 Face Lift Model), however it will also fit the Sport if parking sensors have been added as an option.

A

Anonymous

Picked up the part today and its the correct one. :thumbup:
Looking at it , all that holds it in place is a series of clips, approximately 24 :?
Unfortunatley the only way to release each clip is from the inside behind the grill, so it may be quicker to remove the whole grill, 4 screws I think, then remove the old bumper cover and clip the new one in place, but this depends on how easy it is to get at the 4 screws that hold the complete grill in place . :eusa-think:

I'm going to have a good look the weekend when I have more time, and will give an "How To" once it's done.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
We have access to all Peugeot factory parts, even if you do not buy from us we can help with part codes (of course we can get great pricing on all Peugeot parts). Just thought I would remind you all ;)

A

Anonymous

Out of curiosity how much would this part of cost me if I went through you including delivery to Swansea. ?
The part number is 745378

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
jactac said:
Out of curiosity how much would this part of cost me if I went through you including delivery to Swansea. ?
I will come back to you with the cost.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
jactac said:

PM sent with cost :beer:

A

Anonymous

Ok then.
Just looked at swapping over the parts and it's not as straight forward as it looks.
Firstly the part that needs to come off and be changed is only held in with the clips,as I mentioned earlier, however its almost impossible to try and unclip the part from the outside, as you cannot get your hand through the gaps in the grill to get at the clips (24 of them) some of which cannot be seen from the outside, so I though the next option was to remove the whole grill, (which according to the parts dept at my local dealer, is held on with only 4 screws), then once the grill is removed just unclip the part, unfortunately the 4 screws holding the grill in place cannot be got at whilst the grill is still fixed to the whole front bumper. Dealer forgot to mention this little detail. :roll:

So then, the last and only option is to remove the whole front bumper, with the grill attatched, then when it's off the car, from the inside just unclip the damaged part from the grill, you can leave the grill fixed to the bumper, because I think you can see all the clips on the part that needs changing poking through the inside of the grill, it's just a case of unclipping it from the grill.

I've had a quick look at the fixings on the bumper and it looks like it is held in place with 8 screws on top (4 each side screwed into the wings), there's also some "push in" fixing's running across the top of the bumper, in front of the radiator that just pull out, then there's 4 screws under the the bumper, close to the front, which are easy enough to get at, you will need to lay on the ground to get at these ones, but they are easy to see and reach.

Once all the fixings are removed, I would then get help to lift it off the car, I cant imagine it would be heavy but, possibly a bit awkward. Place it on something to protect it, and watch out for the parking sensor's as they will still be attatched to the bumper by the wiring, again though they just clip into place.

So anyway once craig (my son) wakes up from his usual weekend hibernation, hopefully later on today :roll: , we are going to tackle the job by removing the whole bumper.
In all honesty I think this is the quickest and easiest option, and probably how the dealer would of tackled the job. :eusa-think:

I'll come back later with details on how we managed.