What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front Bumper

A

Anonymous

Bit of a mishap, rushing home from work last night, parked up in the drive and didnt fully apply the handbreak :oops:

So the result is a minor scuff on the front bumper panel (black shiny piece), where the car rolled slowly into the brickwork of house. :(

I've had a quote this morning and its cheaper to replace the plastic cover on the bumper than to have it blown in.
Theres no dents as such, just a scuff and tiny indentations from the roughness of the brick work.

Apparantly the whole plastic cover already comes in the shiny black finish, along with the towing eye insert and the parking sensor covers for £80+ Vat.

Its not actually painted from the manufacure, its extruded as a shiny black plastic.
So anyway, my question is:
How do I remove it :?:
It looks like it is just clicked into position, and the repair guy said the same thing, but saying and doing are two completely different things :roll:

Luckily its only this that needs replacing, and once done it will be back to normal.
If its just a case of unclicking the old and clicking in the new, then I will do it myself.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Thats not a bad price :D Glad there was a solution :) From what Ive seen, it is just a series of clips, but I can confirm as I have never done it.
If you have a go yourself, would you mind doing a how to?

A

Anonymous

Yeah it looks like theres some push clips above and below the plastic cover.
Luckily my local dealer has one in stock so I'm going to pick it up in the morning.
Parts guy said its a common part replaced on the Z because of stone chips. So I'm guessing it cant be that difficult to replace.
I will see how it goes and let you know. usually though it's the easy jobs that give the most grief.

A

Anonymous

Yeah K,
Polish and elbow grease wont fix this. :roll:

Let you know how it goes when I pick up the new cover in the morning :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Not easy turning around in these country roads in the dark is it? Guess this story of leaving off the hand brake is for the wifes benefit? :D

A

Anonymous

So then, up early this morning for a trip to the dealer and pick up my shiny new bumper insert, and all excited about fitting it. :dance:
However, not exactly what happened, got to the parts dept at my dealers and asked for the "shiny bit that goes on the front of an RZC", "its under the name of Hammond if thats any help", I tell the teenager who was obviously on some sort of day release and doing work experience.
Twenty minutes later and no part, apparantly it was not sent down from the other Peugeot dealer that "had one on the shelf," :roll:
So I decide to take a further trip out of town to pick up my "shiny bit" that my Z is now craving for.
On arrival at their parts dept I find what looks like the day release teenagers twin brother, but this one looked like he was definitely the runt out of the two lads. :?
So in a slow very clear voice, I ask him for my "shiny bit", under the name of Hammond.
Nothing, not even a blink, absolutely no one at home in that head of his, I thought that with such a big forehead there was bound to be some form of life in there, but no, he was definitely out to lunch.
Luckily, another chap appeared, and again I enqiured where my part was ?
Unfortunatley this is where it all went pear shape if you scratch the "shiny bit" on the front of a Z, but ONLY if you have the GT model.

So it goes something like this :
The "shiny bit" or bumper insert as its now called, is NOT available for the GT, it IS however available for the Sport as long as you do not have parking sensors, if you have parking sensors, which the GT has as standard, or are fitted as an extra on the Sport, then it's not available, UNLESS you order a "shiny bit" for a Sport without parking sensors and then drill out holes for the parking sensors. :crazy:

However, when I pointed out that the GT has parking sensors as standard, AND that they are fitted into the "shiny bit" from factory build, so surely there must be "shiny bit" with holes pre drilled, because the sensors sit slightly back in the holes, so if you were to drill holes in the Sport insert you would see the rough edge's of the hole.
"yeah good point fella", chirped in the twin with the strange forehead, at least he was now back with the living !

So it was back to the parts list and drawings, and it seems that if you want the part for the GT with the holes pre drilled and all nice and smooth, you have to, wait for it , BUY THE WHOLE BLOODY FRONT, which means you get your shiny bit, which is all you need, but also the whole grill, grill housing, chrome strips, chrome srtip housing and fixings, even though you only need the poxy shiny bit. :eek:
Which you have to put together anyway, so why not just sell the parts individually.
Peugeot do actually hold the part for the GT, but they dont sell it separately, but will sell the part seperatley for the Sport without the parking sensor holes.

So anyway, I came away with nothing, but they are ringing Peugeot Technical on Monday to see why they can see the part but are not able to order it separately for the GT.

The frustrating this is that all these parts will fit the GT and the Sport, they come pre painted reading to just click into place, but if you have the GT it looks like you have to by a complete front grill just to have the holes for the sensors. :evil:

PEUGEOT SORT OUT YOUR AFTER SALES PARTS ITS A JOKE

RCZ1

Reaction score
Sorry I had to laugh :)

Seems like you were very unfortunate to get the two work experience guys especially the one with the big forehead ;) lol

It does seem very strange that you have to buy the whole gunner rather than just the part that you need, especially since its listed as a part.
Hopefully you will have some success on Monday once Peugeot have been contacted.

A

Anonymous

I'm hoping they can sort something out, as its bonkers that they list the part but you cannot buy it without the whole front grill assembly if you want it for the GT model.

I just knew it was to good to be true, that there was "one on the shelf", for £80 and it just needed clicking into place :roll:

A

Anonymous

Awwwww maaaaan!! What a frustrating kerfuffle!! Keep us posted and hopefully there is an easier...and cheaper (!!!) solution!

A

Anonymous

Bloody hilarious K. Can you read me my bedtime story tonight :lol: Bet luck on Monday. Not sure the part you refer too though. Is it the shiny Black metal bit that's on all Pugs?

A

Anonymous

Its the black "bumper" Ron.
On the Sport you can buy it seperate, but on the GT you have to buy the whole grill, as seperate parts then assemble it. :roll:

So basically you just use the black bit and the rest is wasted. :thumbdown:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 8,402
A

Anonymous

Twas you calling it an insert that confused simple little me :helpme: Seems odd though that you can get just that part for the sport but have to buy the whole lot if you want holes in it. :crazy: Do hope Juicy Dolly was worth all this trouble.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Thats really frustrating :(

Ive been browsing the interweb for parts and on the peugeot sport website, the bumper insert is only £41. But that too looks like the sport one without the sensor holes.

Have you had a look on service box? Ive found that especially in my dealers, they arent very helpful unless you go in with the part number.

A

Anonymous

They even hold a part number for it and show it with the holes for the parking sensors, but it's stil lnot available to purchase separately.
If I buy the Sport one I have to drill holes for the sensors, which will look terrible because the sensors on our Z's sit back slightly in the holes, so therefor you will see the cut edge of the holes.
My only options at the moment are, pay £80 +vat and drill holes in the Sport "shiny bit", dont fancy that one at all, pay £220 +vat for the full GT version,which seems a waste of money only one bit is required or have my damaged one blown over, which I didnt want to do, but depending on cost may be the better option now.

Having said that If I do buy the full GT version I will just swap the lot, and maybe put the original on Ebay as spares or repair ? Someone may want for a few quid, as the damage is only a scuff on one corner. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Thats really frustrating :(

Ive been browsing the interweb for parts and on the peugeot sport website, the bumper insert is only £41. But that too looks like the sport one without the sensor holes.

Have you had a look on service box? Ive found that especially in my dealers, they arent very helpful unless you go in with the part number.

Abz,
Where did you see it for £41 ?
and what is service box, as I have a part number

A

Anonymous

Just found Service box, but not sure how to join ?
It seems that you need to be in the trade to join and there can be a charge if you join to use the services.

A

Anonymous

Right ok thanks,
It looks like it would need shipping from France with that dealer.

A

Anonymous

You are correct though jactac. The shiny Black bit is plastic. I thought that it was metal :wtf: