What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

For sale

Claret63

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your issues. You bought the red one then? If it's got Peugeot extended warranty, it should have been transferred to you and would have thought they would sort out your sticking calipers issue at least.

Yes, warranty is transferred to me, so not started with the calipers yet with Peugeot, I will need to sort the disc first as obviously they won't be covered, my plan is to do a complete brake refresh.

I have only just finished repairing the plastic under carriage,, luckily the car is not a daily so in the garage whilst I sort.

The price of the wheel arch liner was eye watering (I believe in doing things properly so had to be new) I also have a problem with one of the headlights which I missed, not sure whether warranty will cover, as said not happy at the moment.

Claret63

Reaction score
Can I also add, I had viewed a few previous to buying mine, all from auto trader, in comparison first impressions drew me to my current car, it was like a breath of fresh air compared to the others and I bought on the strength of the full history and extended Peugeot warranty.

I don't think it's a drop in price with the R it's just finding a good one which doesn't need a fortune spending on it, I would have happily paid more for one than I did for mine with lower mileage, I just didn't fancy a black one.

The cars I saw will be for sale a long time and the vendors know why.

Flanners

Reaction score
I bought an R private in October, we already had a GT HDI so I thought I knew these cars, the car came with full Peugeot history, and extended Peugeot warranty, no MOT failure on the list, just one advisory for a tyre 2 years ago, all servicing and MOTs done by Robin and day.

I paid £16000 with 36k, I thought I had gone through the car thoroughly but I should have jacked up properly and inspected, it's been a nightmare since I inspected when I got back, missing damaged undertray under starter, damaged front arch liner, siezed undertray fixings, siezed inner front callipers not making contact with disc.

MOT was done in August this year so obviously a lot has happened since then, I stupidly trusted the seller, it's very risky buying private and I should have got an AA inspection, I am currently in the process of mending the car and the cost is absolutely frightening, it was probably only worth 11k private to be frank in that condition.

Mine too is one of the last to be registered sept 15.

There are definitely some shitters out there which have not been cared for and some I guess with issues.

Shame you didn't look over the car to a greater extent especially a missing arch liner, that said sounds like your car is worth far more than the £11K that you state it is now worth.

Maybe as you say you should have paid more to find a better example, paid for an inspection or gone to the Trade for one (Trade is fraught too imo). The mark-up you would have paid for Trade would still be far more than the cost you have to sort a few minor issues with your example? As stated the Pug Warranty will pay for the caliper replacement if needed. New discs £670 pair, they may even do those too for you....corroded/seized fittings that's pretty much a standard issue on any used car in the UK used during Winter and of this age? Buying a brand new arch liner no thanks not at Pug prices circa £515 or £50 used on eBay!! Trusted the seller......possibly, but when buying a used car, no chance.

I bought mine private low mileage@31K etc; 3 weeks after sale the hpfp went, annoying but I like you have the Peugeot Warranty got 18 months with the car (with FDSH), they paid for the repair, then 5 months later the MoT threw up a fractured spring, warranty paid for a new pair.....last year I had the clutch and DM flywheel replaced on extended warranty . I would not have purchased a used R without Peugeot Warranty due to bespoke parts and cost....and the fact that most new/modern cars have so many issues/problems. Just paid to extend the Warranty for another year, cheap as chips compared to Porsche, Audi etc

You have a few things to sort on the car once done it sounds like you will have a cracking example that will if you keep it for a time appreciate in value, mine has.

Last edited:

Claret63

Reaction score
There are definitely some shitters out there which have not been cared for and some I guess with issues.

Shame you didn't look over the car to a greater extent especially a missing arch liner, that said sounds like your car is worth far more than the £11K that you state it is now worth.

Maybe as you say you should have paid more to find a better example, paid for an inspection or gone to the Trade for one (Trade is fraught too imo). The mark-up you would have paid for Trade would still be far more than the cost you have to sort a few minor issues with your example? As stated the Pug Warranty will pay for the caliper replacement if needed. New discs £670 pair, they may even do those too for you....corroded/seized fittings that's pretty much a standard issue on any used car in the UK used during Winter and of this age? Buying a brand new arch liner no thanks not at Pug prices circa £515 or £50 used on eBay!! Trusted the seller......possibly, but when buying a used car, no chance.

I bought mine private low mileage@31K etc; 3 weeks after sale the hpfp went, annoying but I like you have the Peugeot Warranty got 18 months with the car (with FDSH), they paid for the repair, then 5 months later the MoT threw up a fractured spring, warranty paid for a new pair.....last year I had the clutch and DM flywheel replaced on extended warranty . I would not have purchased a used R without Peugeot Warranty due to bespoke parts and cost....and the fact that most new/modern cars have so many issues/problems. Just paid to extend the Warranty for another year, cheap as chips compared to Porsche, Audi etc

You have a few things to sort on the car once done it sounds like you will have a cracking example that will if you keep it for a time appreciate in value, mine has.

The wheel arch wasn't missing it was broken on the bottom where it bolts to the undertray that protects the ancillary belt that drives the water pump etc, yes wheel arch prices are stupid, but I have only one way of doing things so had to be new, I have just finished of the repairs last night and I am very happy now its going in the right direction, the car will be a project for me to return to mint original condition, it will be a summer car and always garaged so won't be many miles put on during my ownership.

One other thing I had was the rear wheels were seized onto the hub, the car had recently had new continental Tyres all round so was surprised, easy fix drive the car with lose bolts, remove wheels and grease.

indoldn

Reaction score
Can I also add, I had viewed a few previous to buying mine, all from auto trader, in comparison first impressions drew me to my current car, it was like a breath of fresh air compared to the others and I bought on the strength of the full history and extended Peugeot warranty.

I don't think it's a drop in price with the R it's just finding a good one which doesn't need a fortune spending on it, I would have happily paid more for one than I did for mine with lower mileage, I just didn't fancy a black one.

The cars I saw will be for sale a long time and the vendors know why.
As Flanners said, they might cover the discs as well. Think certainly worth checking with Peugeot what would be covered. I certainly have read people having similar issues as Flanners and got them covered by the warranty. One person had to push for it a little bit to get his clutch and DMF replaced under warranty.

Flanners

Reaction score
As Flanners said, they might cover the discs as well. Think certainly worth checking with Peugeot what would be covered. I certainly have read people having similar issues as Flanners and got them covered by the warranty. One person had to push for it a little bit to get his clutch and DMF replaced under warranty.
It's about time you got yourself one😀

indoldn

Reaction score
It's about time you got yourself one😀
Ha ha ha, you are right! For now I still just have my Magnetic THP200. Just a pity most of the Rs which were/are on sale were/are far away from me. Not so easy for me to inspect them as I have 2 very young children. I was keen to check out the red one for £10k. Had initial chat with the seller but again not so easy for me to see it. I think that one went to a trade seller.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
It was advertised at £22,000 was it not? I wonder if they got full asking price.

That car had very low mileage and looked straight out of the factory. That would have been bought and never used again. That was a collector's purchase.

The highest I've seen is £27,000 for a car with 2000 miles. It was a dealer, but

Cars with 40,000 miles are coming up on a regular basis. Still the same thing with most cars getting moved on when the brakes need done.
It actually went for £22,500 and there were another punter Will ing to pay more if the seller held it for another couple of weeks. It were a special car though totally unmolested and pampered totally standard

Kerr

Reaction score
Anyone interested?
I see the car is on Autotrader now. It will be interesting to see how you get on.

Fish Brothers have reduced their car again and added a 3 year warranty. The other private sale car with 38,400 miles is now reduced to only £12,500. We are back up to 12 Rs on Autotrader. The car market is slowing down.

Feedback on you advert.

I know people want to conceal their registration plate, but this does put potential buyers off. They want to do basic checks prior to contacting.

Some of the pictures are from funny angles and don't look good.

The driver's seat bolster is one area of concern for wear and damage. Your photos miss out the bolster.

You point out the car has history and a recent MOT. I think you need to be honest and highlight the car doesn't have a full service history. I like to see when a seller lists the services carried out. The advisories on the MOT for the front brakes is one of the first thing a potential owner will want to know.

The tyres are also an issue. A mixture of mid range and budget tyres is very off putting. Budget tyres have no place on performance cars.

Claret63

Reaction score
I see the car is on Autotrader now. It will be interesting to see how you get on.

Fish Brothers have reduced their car again and added a 3 year warranty. The other private sale car with 38,400 miles is now reduced to only £12,500. We are back up to 12 Rs on Autotrader. The car market is slowing down.

Feedback on you advert.

I know people want to conceal their registration plate, but this does put potential buyers off. They want to do basic checks prior to contacting.

Some of the pictures are from funny angles and don't look good.

The driver's seat bolster is one area of concern for wear and damage. Your photos miss out the bolster.

You point out the car has history and a recent MOT. I think you need to be honest and highlight the car doesn't have a full service history. I like to see when a seller lists the services carried out. The advisories on the MOT for the front brakes is one of the first thing a potential owner will want to know.

The tyres are also an issue. A mixture of mid range and budget tyres is very off putting. Budget tyres have no place on performance cars.

Looks good on top, really surprised no engine bay pictures, or more detailed pictures of the interior, for me it has a good MOT history, so surprised as you say the plate is blocked out.

I do like these in white, our HDI GT is white with black wheels, looks soo good.