What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

finally got time to clean

x17one

Reaction score
Looking after my GF i finally got time to clean and trial some new cleaning products. In between running around like a person of dubious parentage (when Sammy was asleep)

So started with a bout 3 pre washes and then a spray of tar remover, Not very good results so need to rethink that product again.
Washed and dried that off and then applied a product that disolves the tiny metal particles. Turns them red and they just wash off.

The cleaned again ans then dried off and the final polish with Fuso99. And I have to say it shines

The pics may be all mixed up but im sure you can work it out

Attachments

• 20180417_145252.jpg
    20180417_145252.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 3,215
  • 20180417_145303.jpg
    20180417_145303.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 3,214
  • 20180417_145335.jpg
    20180417_145335.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 3,215
  • 20180417_155938.jpg
    20180417_155938.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 3,215

renegade79

Reaction score
x17one said:
Washed and dried that off and then applied a product that disolves the tiny metal particles. Turns them red and they just wash off.
What product is this?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Which tar remover were you not happy with ?

You do know you don’t have to wash the car between using the tar remover and the iron fallout remover? You just need to thoroughly rinse with water to remove the residue.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
x17one said:
What product is this?

I use Gyeon Q2M IRON. :thumbup:

renegade79

Reaction score
Pete, what’s that product like and what’s it’s like to use? Is it like an iron X and a shampoo all in one?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
This is purely an iron (all ferrous metals) remover. You spray it over the entire car after washing. Leave it for a few minutes, and then rinse it off completely. Ideally, you should then Clay bar the car, but if you don’t have the time, at least you have removed all the ferrous contaminants.

It works brilliantly on wheels too.

I don’t use it very often, time is always a factor, and recently although I have built up a really deep shine on my Z, it has been having a series of very quick splash & dash washes. I would love to be able to strip it right back & give if a full 2 day pamper as I have done in the past, but that seems very unlikely for the foreseeable future.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Nice work there X17ONE !

and what do you think of the Fusso99 ?

early days yet but you will find that all that's required from now is a quick wash off and it's back to a great finish.

I think it gets better the more it's used, obviously over time not each wash as it's meant to be good for 12 months!

Cheers M. :beer:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely worth all the effort soft99 do loads of different products I’ve used a few and have been very happy, it’s worth doing a clay bar makes your paint feel like glass! :thumbup:

x17one

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Which tar remover were you not happy with ?

You do know you don’t have to wash the car between using the tar remover and the iron fallout remover? You just need to thoroughly rinse with water to remove the residue.

It was turtlewax tar remover. And yes I know you dnt have to wash but always like to ensure its washed after applying that sort of thing. And love cleaning the car too lol :D

x17one

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
Pete, what’s that product like and what’s it’s like to use? Is it like an iron X and a shampoo all in one?
It was Auto Finesse Iron out and it was very good. had to apply a few times but it did whast it said on the bottle

x17one

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Nice work there X17ONE !

and what do you think of the Fusso99 ?

early days yet but you will find that all that's required from now is a quick wash off and it's back to a great finish.

I think it gets better the more it's used, obviously over time not each wash as it's meant to be good for 12 months!

hey up Mick yes its great and yes early days as not had any rain to show how it bobbles yet but it looks shiny still and hopefully will wash off very easily

T :beer: :wave: :dance:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hang on, you haven’t had any rain yet, we generally don’t go more than @ 6 hours without at least a shower, & that’s on dry days :crazy:

x17one

Reaction score
Re: look at the beads on that

Update on the beads from Fusocoat
bloody brill product. Over the moon with it Washed the car and the dirt just rolled off. When it finally did rain after application the beads were massive and as I drove off with the window down i was completely soaked lol :clap: :dance: :crazy: :beer:

Thes pics show the size of the beads after applications and in the first shower of rain.

Attachments

• 20180425_064919.jpg
    20180425_064919.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 2,978
  • 20180425_064932.jpg
    20180425_064932.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 2,978
  • 20180425_064908.jpg
    20180425_064908.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,978

Plecodoras

Reaction score
All waxes give you a good beading effect, but there is something about this Fusso / Soft99 that I really like, be it the silicon polymer beads or the way the dirt washes off when it's time for a clean. Plus, it lasts and lasts.

Nice bit of carbon there Tony and good job done well... :thumbup:

renegade79

Reaction score
anyone care to explain why beading is good after a shower of rain? I know wax's and sealants will cause some form of beading but why is this good? my neighbours car after a shower of rain will have no rain on it at all. should we be seeking a product that will help rain to run off the car entirely instead of gathering.... just something I've never been able to work out :eusa-whistle:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
anyone care to explain why beading is good after a shower of rain? I know wax's and sealants will cause some form of beading but why is this good? my neighbours car after a shower of rain will have no rain on it at all. should we be seeking a product that will help rain to run off the car entirely instead of gathering.... just something I've never been able to work out :eusa-whistle:

I understand your question, but by beading it is actually sat on wax and not the car so it is not adding to any chance of rust. An untreated car yes the rain runs off. it does on a waxed car more efficiently, but sometimes gathers when it has no inertia to move, but when the vehicle does move it runs away immediately. An untreated car is sodden when wet and finds the best way to run off due to molecules sticking together, but the car is not protected from the water and subsequently rusts.
I respect what you say and know what you mean, wouldn't it be better to seek a product that leaves no water on the car and returns it to it's shiny self, but this does eventually happen when it dries and it looks so much better that an untreated car.
Good shout though ! :thumbup:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I actually prefer a sealant, they tend to sheet rather than bead.
Although I do use waxes too.