What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Finally... got my RCZ R

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I run on vpower only. Managing high 30s in the R is very easy.

Yesterday I made my girl a woman :) We went for the first top speed run. The R reached 255 km/h (158mph) rather easily and was stopped smoothly by the limiter (speed limiter cause there was some revs left over).

A

Anonymous

Yeyyy that's great news about your new car. Sounds like you're already doing a lot of driving. I'm still getting used to my car. I find it very wide compared to my Corsa and Sky Saturn, unless it's just an illusion. It also seems to skid a bit when I go over bumps and pockets in the road, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I cannot quite grasp all of my manouvers yet, but it's early days... I hope you enjoy your ride and post a pic somewhere if you can so we can see..... :dance:
Aaliyah xXx

A

Anonymous

aaliyah-rcz said:
Yeyyy that's great news about your new car. Sounds like you're already doing a lot of driving. I'm still getting used to my car. I find it very wide compared to my Corsa and Sky Saturn, unless it's just an illusion. It also seems to skid a bit when I go over bumps and pockets in the road, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I cannot quite grasp all of my manouvers yet, but it's early days... I hope you enjoy your ride and post a pic somewhere if you can so we can see..... :dance:
Aaliyah xXx
Yep, the RCZ is definitely a wide car. I had a few days in the lake district last year, some very narrow roads over there! I drove with my wing mirrors folded in half the time and I'm positive it saved them...narrow roads, tight bends and (in particular) massive tourist coaches are not a good combo!

I also find mine to be a bit skittish on corners if the road is rough/pot holed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

RCZ-R

Reaction score
aaliyah-rcz said:
Aaliyah xXx

Thank you very much! Yeah, did over 1500 miles already. But still had no opportunity to test its limits beyond some top speed runs.

To be honest I have no worries about the car's size. Driving in narrow road construction zones next to lorries is not a problem.

About this ride: if you're rolling on 19" try lowering tyre pressure to 32-33PSI front and 30PSI rear. It helps a lot.

Pictures will follow soon.

cheers

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Took her today for a B road blast. Lovely motor and chassis. Absolute able to tackle B roads at speed beyond 100mph.

Attachments

• _DSC3509_2.jpg
    _DSC3509_2.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 382

RCZ-R

Reaction score
short update here:

Meanwhile I have driven some 3000+ miles with the R. And still, each mile is getting better and better. Exhaust is also getting slightly louder with some lovely burps on the overrun.

Car behaves very predictable unless you go for the very last 5%. Then you need to have the skills. But let me tell you, after driven several hi power cars (up to a LeMans spec'd 993 RSR with some 600 bhp) this R is still a very well sorted chassis. And talking about sorted. There are cars out there which are also sorted. But being sorted they also are quite boring. The opposite is the R. You step out of the car, lock it, look one more time at it before leaving and the next thought shooting thru your head is, when will I be driving it again? Do I need to go get some more milk? Do I? Hell why not! :)
You are looking for excuses to drive it. Still I did not manage to drive more than 3000 miles in those past 6 weeks since I took it home. Busy times...

But.... there is already a trip booked to the Alps. I just love the Alps in general and manage to go there for a spirited drive every year at least twice. This time I'm taking my 8-year old daughter with me and unfortunately I won't make it to the french Alps (which I recommend to any of you) but even the austrian Alps are good for a tear-down of tyres and brake pads :))

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Having had mine for a similar length of time, I can only concur.

Any excuse for some fun. Last week: Prescott hill at Pugfest '14; this September, 2 weeks to the Itallian lakes an back, via France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany & Belgium.

Luvly!

RCZ-R

Reaction score
pete.garratt said:
Having had mine for a similar length of time, I can only concur.

Any excuse for some fun. Last week: Prescott hill at Pugfest '14; this September, 2 weeks to the Itallian lakes an back, via France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany & Belgium.

Luvly!

sounds like fun! I don't know which route you're going to take north-south through Germany, but try to avoid the motorway A61. It is boring (apart from the area around the river Mosel) and almost entirely speed limited. If you have time on your hands, take the A3 next to it.

@RCZ1
Thank you! I will! :cool: