What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Finally... got my RCZ R

RCZ-R

Reaction score
hi guys,

finally, after over 7 month of pregnancy I got the keys to my red RCZ R today. Just picked her up and did the first drive (about 10 miles only). Right now I'm busy with appointments but afternoon I will give her good spanking on some B roads.

First impression? I got her sideways in the first corner!

More to come... Got to go now :(

RCZash

Reaction score
Lucky you, sideways fun but not on public roads :clap:

A

Anonymous

How exciting that is. Enjoy the thrills and don't have any spillls

RCZ-R

Reaction score
First 100 miles are done. Car mechanics are loosening slowly, gear change gets more and more crispy, clutch works very good, the brakes bite like a snake. Terrific.

I also very like the sound inside. A little too much boomey sometimes but in 99% of time it fits the car very good.

Today I will put another 200 miles on her.

A

Anonymous

:mrgreen: Fantastic well done matey enjoy that R......

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I do!

Meanwhile 400 miles are on the ODO. I did some B roads drives, plenty motorway miles and some city runs.

As I'd like to keep it steady until the 1000 miles mark is crossed, I haven't pushed her to the limits yet. But I couldn't resist to speed up to 140 mph for once :D I can tell you, she feels very safe up there. A little bit too much wind noise for my taste, but still OK.

Brakes are terrific. To be honest I'm tempted to brake at the very last second cause they are soooo good and so much assuring in the way how they work.

Currently I'm maintaining 33 mpg (drive mix including those autobahn blasts).

Yesterday I was challenged for a street racing. Never did that kind of thing and will never do. It's not me. I rather look for polishing my skills on track days. But it seems to me the R has this effect on others, so they wanna know if it has the balls to win.
Obviously I will have to get used to say, NO.

Coming weekend will get another 300-500 miles on her. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

RCZ-R said:
Thanks guys! I do!

Meanwhile 400 miles are on the ODO. I did some B roads drives, plenty motorway miles and some city runs.

As I'd like to keep it steady until the 1000 miles mark is crossed, I haven't pushed her to the limits yet. But I couldn't resist to speed up to 140 mph for once :D I can tell you, she feels very safe up there. A little bit too much wind noise for my taste, but still OK.

Brakes are terrific. To be honest I'm tempted to brake at the very last second cause they are soooo good and so much assuring in the way how they work.

Currently I'm maintaining 33 mpg (drive mix including those autobahn blasts).

Yesterday I was challenged for a street racing. Never did that kind of thing and will never do. It's not me. I rather look for polishing my skills on track days. But it seems to me the R has this effect on others, so they wanna know if it has the balls to win.
Obviously I will have to get used to say, NO.

Coming weekend will get another 300-500 miles on her. :greetings-wavingblue:

Street racing...As you know has nothing to do with the car's balls...more like the drivers Ball's...So stay calm...i get it with my car...."I aint going rag the shit out of my car for some other driver wanna be as i have too much respect for my car...As you seem to have...A lot of this down to shear jealousy...Yeah if track days is your boggle...give it to the car big time then

Enjoy :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

London bus crash: 100mph 'street racer' dead, one man critically injured and 12 others hurt after collision with car

Wreckage: the scene in Lea Bridge Road after the crash (Picture: London Live)
A man was killed and 13 people injured when a car involved in a suspected 100mph road race smashed into a night bus early today.

The driver of a blue Audi died, later named by police as 25-year-old Delano Moore from the E4 area of London, and his front-seat passenger was fighting for his life in hospital.

Two other passengers in the car were also seriously hurt while 10 people on the N38 bus suffered cuts and bruises in the crash in east London. The bus, a new double-decker Routemaster, was travelling towards Whipps Cross when the accident happened in Lea Bridge Road, at the junction with Essex Wharf outside the Lea Valley Ice Centre.

The bus driver reportedly told a colleague the cars had been racing at speeds between 90mph and 110mph — and the colleague then texted a description to other bus drivers.

The scene is cleared after the crash in Clapton, Hackney
It read: “The N38 was travelling towards Walthamstow at 20mph. Two cars were racing at between 90mph and 110mph as the N38 was approaching an island.

“The gap was closing in as one car tried to take over another car, where the car went head on with the bus.

“One passenger in the car flew through the windscreen, the driver died and the passenger survived.”

Scotland Yard refused to comment officially, saying only : “It is believed that the car was travelling with or closely behind another vehicle along Lea Bridge Road. The driver of this second vehicle may be a vital witness and is urged to contact police.”

The blue Audi is thought to have been driving on the wrong side of the road when it hit the bus, whose driver had veered on to a grass bank in a bid to avoid the collision. All those in the car are said to be men aged in their early to mid-twenties. Fire crews had to cut the back seat passengers free.

The wrecked car lay across a central reservation next to traffic lights close to the ice centre early this morning. The bus stood nearby, its right front corner crumpled and its left side angled into a grassy verge. Rose Friggi, 32, a mother-of-two from nearby Paradise Park, said: “I was up in the night because my baby was sick. I heard what sounded like an explosion. My husband went to work at about 3am and he said there were police cars and a helicopter at the scene. Said Mohamed, 52, a security guard at a Thames Water depot close to the scene, said his colleague heard a crash just after 2am: “He said it was so loud. He went out to look at what had happened. The whole front of the car was almost underneath the bus and it was panic and chaos.

“There were injured people in the road. He said seeing it all was very difficult. A lot of people are hurt and the emergency services were trying to save people in the car.

“There were police cars and ambulances everywhere. The car must have been coming in the opposite direction and must have lost control.”

Related stories
Family’s tributes to 'cheery' Morrison's worker who died in Clapton bus crash

Paramedics treated the injured bus passengers before a number were taken to hospital by another bus. It is believed they had minor injuries.

There were 12 passengers on the bus. The bus driver was among the injured. He was taken to hospital but released after treatment.

The road reopened shortly before 10am, after both the Audi and the bus were towed away for analysis.

Mayor of London Boris Johnson told LBC Radio this morning: "All I can really say is that it doesn't look to us as though the bus driver was at fault, but clearly there will have to be an investigation."

A

Anonymous

I aint going to Quote ye Ron as Your lncident Quote/report was too long...but i know where your coming from...premotion of "MPH" on any forums is a no,no :thumbdown:Its nice to have the power under your the pedal...but its should be chosen wisely.....I GET MORE fun GOING TO 70 MPH rather than over it...Torque,torque... 420NM:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Its always worth remembering that driving in a spirited manner is not the same as driving wrecklessly . It can be certainly.. And "road racing" is not really suitable for the congested roads we have.

But it's the guy who skimps on tyres, changes CD's or shuffles his ipod, arguing with a passenger, using hands free or looking at sat nav that will cause more accidents - and sadly fatalities - than the car enthusiast who will likely be 100% focused on driving.

Clearing out the cobwebs in a town or city however is daft.

Sent from my Xperia Z1

RCZ-R

Reaction score
OMG, it wasn't my intention to kick off such discussion. Street racing? I don't bother. For kiddies.

Different corner: have you noticed when you rev the engine above 6000 with the aircon on, the aircon compressor switches off? I just noticed today. Aircon went off as soon as I crossed the 6000 rpm.
Efficiency over comfort?

A

Anonymous

I Drove a Demo S3 Which has had the NUTS driven out of it,its Average MPG WAS 27.9.Do that with my ST3 IT WOULD GO DOWN TO 21 MPG....So the RCZ-R MUST BE WORSE :(

A

Anonymous

I clocked the 1k mark in the RCZ this weekend, mostly Motorway and some A roads, still getting just under 42mpg, i had a fairly steady first half of the drive and a more spirited 2nd half, made it to the 5.5k zone on the rev counter whilst moving off... "cough", anyway even with some spirited driving she's still giving a good mpg, spanking would probably see lower 30's but even at 5.5k it was pointing at high 20's!

RCZ-R

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
I Drove a Demo S3 Which has had the NUTS driven out of it,its Average MPG WAS 27.9.Do that with my ST3 IT WOULD GO DOWN TO 21 MPG....So the RCZ-R MUST BE WORSE :(

I recommend you give the S3 a good spanking on the autobahns. And then you will encounter your nightmare. Lowish 10s mpg is normal. I've done that in an S3 demo car. Audi was never famous for high mpgs, at least not over here. If you are for high MPGs you take a boring diesel :greetings-wavingblue:
In UK, that is another story. You can cruise at steady 70 up there. That equates to very low revs thus high MPGs. And even if you add some serious B road blasts, you never put the car in regions where it starts to drink. You just can't. There is not enough room. I know pretty good your B roads up there and managing high MPGs is a piece of cake.

Just to put it in some comparison to the RCZ R: yesterday I did a lot of motorway miles cruising at 85-95 mph. Then a little bit B roads, nothing special. And the result? 39 MPG. I'm sure you can get even higher if you try really hard but I'm not famous for saving fuel. And I did not bought the R for the sake of squeezing the very last MPG.

Soon I will be able to report even more realistic figures on the S3 as my buddy bought one. And he is a flat-out driver too. So we will have a nice comparison between the RCZ R and the S3 at flat-out.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Last weekend i was out for a 200 mile cruise to a truck show. Regular driving, keeping it mostly at 65-70 mph with the odd overtake reaching 90-ish mph at times. Averaged 40 mpg on that trip which i think is about as good as you're ever gonna get in a petrol powered car with some amount of horsepower behind it :)