What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fault code after new stereo.

Kerr

Reaction score
Evening everyone.

I've just had a new stereo fitted to my 65 plate RCZ R. It's a nice Pioneer until with modern features and functions.

However, the fitter can't work out how to reset the fault code. We don't have a fault code reader handy, but is there a common reason for this?

The old screen is disabled. Is that the issue? How do we get around this?

Thanks in advance.

2retro

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome!

As I'm sure you know a lot of features on the RCZ such as clock setting and diagnostics, etc. are accessed though the factory stereo so you can't just swap in a new one without a bit of extra work.

However, I swapped mine recently so have read though here as I think it might help: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12950

Let us know how you get on and we love pictures here so feel free to post some of your car and stereo set up. :thumbup:

Kerr

Reaction score
I had bought the stereo for another car after picking it up in the sales. I decided to shoehorn it in to the R. I really wanted Android Auto as it adds a lot to a car.

The dash is too far away and I thought it wouldn't be that bad an idea to do with the single din retractable unit to come an inch closer.

It does hide the buttons when the screen is open, but I knew that was coming.

Just a few pictures of the headunit.

Kerr

Reaction score
I'm afraid it is me. :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Only just noticed, a 65 plate R :thumbup: quite a rare beast I would have thought.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I had the double din nav with JBL upgrade in my RCZ, so unless I'd spent silly money I probably would have lost audio quality.
Also, the flip up dash screen wouldn't have worked and I didn't fancy that.

Also, I'm unsure what's showing a fault. The car itself or the new radio?

Kerr

Reaction score
It's the car that is throwing up a fault. I'm back up home now and have a little ODB reader here. Hopefully it'll pick up the code and fingers crossed can manage to reset it.

Looking at How Many Left there was 298 R at the end of quarter 3 2015 and then 303 at the end of Q4. There can only be a few 65 plates.

I really don't know much about the R. It really was a spur of the moment purchase with little planning. Kerry has been keeping me right over on DW.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed it's just something silly, especially if the battery has been disconnected it's maybe spat it's dummy out about something.

Talking of spur of the moment purchases, I hadn't done any research in to GT86s, so obviously I drove to the other side of the country and bought one.

Kerr

Reaction score
The RCZ R wasn't even on my radar. We were heading to get her bike serviced and the car turned out to be in a local dealer. A quick Autotrader local search and I found myself buying it.

I'm sure the people reading the DW thread know it's not all been plain sailing. :lol: The car has had a few new parts and some really poor workmanship issues.

Overall I'm enjoying the car. I'm not sure what the long-term plans are, but I'm in no rush to spend big with the way things are in the country at the moment. I'll not say THAT word. :lol:

I've owned cars like BMW M235i, 335i, Z4 Coupe, Mercedes A45 AMG, Renault Megane RS 265 Cup, MX5, A few Minis all within the last few years. We seem to get through cars fast. :lol:

But yeah, the R is a far more capable car than people think.

Kerr

Reaction score
The fault code that is showing is U0140.

It won't reset either.

2retro

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
I think that's it looking for the stock h/u.
Most likely. You'll need the correct Connects2 cable between car and head unit. Trust me, this stuff is a pain. The days of easily swapping in a new stereo are long gone. lol

Kerr

Reaction score
I took it back to the fitter today to let them have a look. They tried various things and couldn't find a solution.

They called the manufacturers of fitting kits and they couldn't come up with a solution either.

The car has been fitted back with the stock items and they shop refunded their charges. They've been really good over this and have been pulling their own hair out.

Back to the drawing board.