What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine sound system removal

drdino

Reaction score
There's a pipe that connects on the return pipe from the intercooler which goes to the intake manifold. It then has a U-bend and it attaches on the cabin filter cover.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
I have removed mine, so if anyone is interested in adapting it to their car just let me know. Will sell for a great price!

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I am interested but i have alouminium pipes so probably i cant fit that

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
ONLY AEK said:
I am interested but i have alouminium pipes so probably i cant fit that

The sound system works with the pipe on the left side of the engine (Air Box to IC). If you do not have this or if it is a straight-pipe then you are correct that the sound box will not work unless you do modifications. As I have not seen or heard anyone doing this I cannot say it will work or not. But I can sell you mine and you can be the first.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
you probably mean the pipe from ic to the intake
as i said i have changed that with alouminium so i can not just fit that and i am not willing to make any modifications
thanks anyway!

tianorth

Reaction score
Think this is the resonator/sound system.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Yes thats it and it needs modification to my pipe
Its interesting though that the picture is from 156 but this system was ONLY on 200

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
I believe that the left pipe where the sound pipe connects to is the same for the THP156 and THP200. There could have been an option, maybe the sport package, that this was also added to the THP156. But I own a THP200 and this as you said standard.

tianorth

Reaction score
ONLY AEK said:
Its interesting though that the picture is from 156 but this system was ONLY on 200

I actually didn't specify a rcz engine.

I thought it was on all petrol engined models and not the diesel.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a bit of a cheat, but I like it. Mine sounds ace inside when you give it the berries.
Be nice if it sounded the same outside!

frankvdb

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
It's a bit of a cheat, but I like it. Mine sounds ace inside when you give it the berries.
Be nice if it sounded the same outside!

It's actual engine noise so not a cheat... Synthetic interior engine sound systems as used by BMW, that is cheating!

JvdBosch

Reaction score
So either removal of pipe 10 and 11, or clogging up pipe 11 with some soude deadening material shuts up the system?

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
sanpiseth40 said:
Hi guys, My rcz asphalt has the sound system membrane thing onboard which artificially amplifies the engine sound. Image I want to remove ...
บอลพรุ่งนี้

Take a look at the pictures in the thread and identify pipes 10 and 11 which takes engine noise into the cabin. If you remove either of these then you will need to seal up any hole left-over. Or seal up the end result going into the cabin as it is only sound.