What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diffuser fins.

A

Anonymous

Bought these and they just wont fit so gonna have to drill them. TRied gorilla glue and just drop straight off. What am i doing wrong?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you thoroughly de grease both parts before trying to attach them?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

2retro

Reaction score
Also, the glue goes off quite quickly (3 to 5 mins max) so you need to mix it up, apply it to your fin and then get it in place fast.

Then you will need some way to hold it in place until it sets. You can use tape but I found 2 old lengths of foam pipe insulation that were about the right size and stiffness. I wedged the foam between the fin and ground to hold it in place and left it there overnight.

I've done maybe a thousand or more miles since and they haven't fell off so it does work - just need to stick it on fast and hold it steady for several hours while it bonds. The longer you leave it the stronger it will be.

Good luck! :thumbup:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Hideyspidey said:
Bought these and they just wont fit so gonna have to drill them. TRied gorilla glue and just drop straight off. What am i doing wrong?
Ah, well ... is that for sticking two or more gorillas together or mending a gorilla? :?
Never seen it here, but then we don't see many gorillas. :oops:

DRTDVL

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
They do look great & I agree, when you look at some of the diffusers fitted to "standard" cars, they look well sporty compared to the factory RCZ fitting.

If they were a bit cheaper I would love to have them on mine, but then I think they do need quads to finish the look.

If I had a set I could 3d model them up so people could 3d print their own. It wouldn't be hard and would be very cheap to make.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
DRTDVL said:
DKZ5745 said:
They do look great & I agree, when you look at some of the diffusers fitted to "standard" cars, they look well sporty compared to the factory RCZ fitting.

If they were a bit cheaper I would love to have them on mine, but then I think they do need quads to finish the look.

If I had a set I could 3d model them up so people could 3d print their own. It wouldn't be hard and would be very cheap to make.

The GBS Zero diffuser is over five hundred quid :shock: , cheaper if fit yourself; although mine was a factory build :oops: .

Attachments

• diffuser.jpg
    diffuser.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 3,307

Gordonmd

Reaction score
Hi All, what do diffusers do or are they just for looks?

DRTDVL

Reaction score
The defuse in our cars is really just for looks. There isn't any real be if it to having it that would be noticeable really.

The car and driver article missed one other function of the diffuser on road cars is to meet the turbulent air coming off the roof and push the vortex further away from the body of the car so it doesn't attach and create lift.