What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diffuser fins.

Stu8

Reaction score
Just installed my irmscher fins, just a couple of weeks until my custom quad exchust by LONGLIFE can't wait, I feel like a kid in a toy shop all over again lol. :dance:
https://uploads.

Sent from my B3-A10 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I know they are about £280 a pair :shock:

Edit:- found them on eBay for £85 not sure if that's each or pair. :crazy:

2retro

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I know they are about £280 a pair :shock:

Edit:- found them on eBay for £85 not sure if that's each or pair. :crazy:
It's for a pair. Guess the whole diffuser has to come off the car to screw these fins on securely. maybe Stu8 can confirm?

Stu8

Reaction score
Well not as difficult as you would assume, the trickiest part was matching the plastic colour of the diffuser as the fins are fibreglass and are supplied in primer only but are ready to paint straight out of the box, so I had some of advice from a local body shop I have used in the past and they recommended plastic bumper paint (HALFORDS) match was perfect :thumbup: then the trick in attaching them is glue not just any glue gorilla Epoxy glue, the fins come with a recess in them like a little channel that the glue adhears to, and Bob's your uncle job done ,( no pulling off diffuser and no drilling holes BONUS), it's definitely a job that anybody can attempt. I really don't know why the diffuser didn't come with fins from the factory it looks far better with them ( in my opinion ) had a couple of opinions from some people and they thought they were factory standard so I'm happy with that . I hope this helps everyone interested, oh yes and the price is £85 for the pair (expensive for what they are) just don't tell the misses lol :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
They do look great & I agree, when you look at some of the diffusers fitted to "standard" cars, they look well sporty compared to the factory RCZ fitting.

If they were a bit cheaper I would love to have them on mine, but then I think they do need quads to finish the look.

Stu8

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
They do look great & I agree, when you look at some of the diffusers fitted to "standard" cars, they look well sporty compared to the factory RCZ fitting.

If they were a bit cheaper I would love to have them on mine, but then I think they do need quads to finish the look.
Yes I agree, only bought them In preparation for my custom exchust (can't wait) but now I've fitted them i personally think they look great just with the standard set up as well , thanks for the feedback though :thumbup: .

Reaction score
Any chance of a few more pics from a bit further back to get the full back end view ?

That sounds wrong.

freelockuk

Reaction score
Hi stu
Do you have a Ebay link for them please. Look very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2retro

Reaction score
Thanks to Stu8 for recommending the Irmscher Diffuser Fins I took the plunge and got some myself. They were surprisingly easy to fit with just 'Gorilla Glue' and they've been stuck on for a week now so if they were going to fall off I think it would have happened by now! :D

I'm really happy with the finished result - here are a couple of pics:

Now, because of a schoolboy error on my part (though in my defence I don't speak German!) when I ordered these I ended up buying 2 sets of fins rather than 2 fins - D'oh! :brickwall:

But that does mean I now have a brand new spare set of 2 fins available if anyone is interested? They're sprayed up in the correct colour black and are ready to fit - £50 + P&P. If anyone wants them just hit me up on here (cost me more + I had them painted too but hey ho!). :thumbup:

Here they are:

Attachments

• diffuser_01.jpg
    diffuser_01.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 12,628
  • diffuser_02.jpg
    diffuser_02.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 12,628
  • fins_01.jpg
    fins_01.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 12,628
  • fins_02.jpg
    fins_02.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 12,627
  • fins_03.jpg
    fins_03.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 12,628

Stu8

Reaction score
Looking good, they finish the rear end off perfectly :clap:

A

Anonymous

Bah,, i bought a pair of these the other week otherwise i'd have quite happily taken them off your hands. They're sat in my boot waiting for me to find someone to spray/fit them,, did you spray them up yourself or did someone do them for you?? If so,, how much am i looking at for the work to be done. They should box my quads off very nicely. They look great on the two cars in this link.

2retro

Reaction score
Andyroo4400 said:
Bah,, i bought a pair of these the other week otherwise i'd have quite happily taken them off your hands. They're sat in my boot waiting for me to find someone to spray/fit them,, did you spray them up yourself or did someone do them for you?? If so,, how much am i looking at for the work to be done. They should box my quads off very nicely. They look great on the two cars in this link.
I did them myself with a can of Black Bumper Paint from Halfords. Was about 5 coats each to get a nice even finish. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Nice one,, maybe i'll just try it myself,, looks like a really good match :)

2retro

Reaction score
Andyroo4400 said:
Nice one,, maybe i'll just try it myself,, looks like a really good match :)
It is a perfect match. We can thank Stu8 for that! :dance: