What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

diesel particle emissions filter

A

Anonymous

My motor is in the dealers now, I really hope this is not going to be an ongoing issue, the bottom line is why should we as RCZ owners have to change our driving style / journeys ,I have even started to take unnessessary trips on the motorway on the way to work to try and clear the problem. I have had 2 diesels prior to the RCZ a Civic and a Kuga and never had any problems such as this. Out of curiosity I typed in DPF in google last night even the AA have a great article on this issue which is seeingly quite a problem amomgst other manufacturers also. It seems crazy this DPF has been designed to reduce emmisions and there we all are taking unnessesary trips on motorways and in my example increasing the miles I would drive if I was to take a more rural route. Have a look on google for yourselves it does not appear this is an issue that will be readily resolved quickly. :thumbdown:
http://www.theaa.com › Motoring Advice › Fuels & Environment
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/ ... tm?t=70087 (this example resulting in a new engine on a mazda6)

A

Anonymous

I agreed did you know to meet new emissions every year manufactures have to burn more fuel to get the burn cleaner with smaller particles which now instead of give ing Pepole asthma now can cause cancer also from 1st of Jan all are diesel will have a mix of bio in it which is solvent based and will cause lots of problems with cars by cleaning all th old residue out of the tanks and put in them threw the fuel pump clogging stuff up it also offers less lube to moving parts which could cause problems hopefully are rcz will have been engineered to cope with this !

A

Anonymous

hi d1keo i thought i had wrote that article myself doing exactly the same has you my ,alarm appeared 1 week ago and have been driving around frantically to

get rid of it;it was booked in for thursday and believe it or not it cleared itself today so i had to cancel taking it in i phoned up and said there was no point has you say i hope this is not going to be a problem i had diesel to save on fuel not have to spend every other week driving up the motorway to clear alarm

A

Anonymous

They cleared the fault by carrying out a forced regeneration, been OK since but still feel obliged to keep finding that little bit of open road to ensure it does not happen again

A

Anonymous

Done 7K in mine in 4 months , never had this issue.

Let us know how you get on.

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

What a surprise DPF risk of clogging warning on again and only 200 miles since the dealership carried out a forced regeneration, there I am this morning going 15 miles out of my way to get the car on a motorway to regenerate the DPF. This cannot be right and it is really starting to grind at me know.

A

Anonymous

Wow it sounds like a fault to me, not a normal characteristic. I have done 600 gentel miles, 51 mpg average, and have not had this happen.

A

Anonymous

Waiting for a call from dealership again, DPF warning on again and will not clear despite motorway driving etc. Apparently some Peugeot bigwigs will be coming down to inspect it for themselves. I really dont think this problem is going to go away readily quickly, there is seemingly a fundamental problem with the brains of my car. If think it needs a little more than a tweak of the software to sort this one out.

A

Anonymous

hi d1keo
i have only had the dpf filter alarm twice and both times it has managed to clear itself i dont do alot of motorway driving every time igo out you just wonder if the alarm is going to come back,i must admit that i have been driving slightly different and not taking to much notice of the display that tells you to
change gear so i might not be getting the best miles per gallon please keep us informed what peugeot say just incase i have to take mine back for the same problem

A

Anonymous

Just thought I would post an update, car is still in dealership (since last thursday) apparently they are waiting for a new pump that delivers the additive to the diesel? (it's on back order, whatever that means) To be honest I am not that confident as I am told they only think this is the problem. Anyway I will have to wait and see, they are expecting the part in on Thursday so hopefully this will solve the problem.

A

Anonymous

Lets hope so mate, you must be gutted not having your motor!!

A

Anonymous

Its been in the dealership since 14/10 still awaiting the new pump, I phoned today and have been told the peugeot technicians will be arriving tomorrow to fit the new part. I must say as much as I love my rcz this whole issue has put a real dampener on things and my whole peugeot experience. If this new pump does not resolve the issue then I am really going to have to think about peugeot having to replace my car.

History - car recovered by AA to dealership 5/10/10 due to car going into limp mode as result of DPF not clearing
Dealership carry out a forced regeneration and get car back 6/10.
200 miles later same problem, car wont self regenerate.
Take car to dealership 14/10 been there ever since.

Am I the only owner having this problem with the DPF, has anybody else had the same issues ?

A

Anonymous

no-it appears you have a problem dpf-i recon the peugeot tech will sort it.

A

Anonymous

hi i hope they sort your problem out soon iknow it can be a real pain this has only happened to me twice once just around 1000 miles and 1500miles i have just done 2000 miles and it hasnt come back yet . has i said before i have altered my driving style slightly i dont change up gear so early i will have to see what happens

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a real pain.

I've done 2600 miles so far in my GT163 (mix of motorway, A roads and B roads) and haven't had the warning so far.

I'll keep an eye out and post in I get it.

Hope you get yours fixed soon.

A

Anonymous

I'm up to 1300 miles in my diesel and have yet to experience any problems with the DPF....here's hoping that i don't.

A

Anonymous

Mine has been fine for 2000 mile since the forced regeneration at about 1000 mile but light come on again in garage at mo and Peugeot boffins are look in at all the data to decide what new parts it needs will keep ya posted

A

Anonymous

1700 miles and the warning flashed up twice last night while I was driving on a A road at 50 mph. It did only flash up and didn't remain on the display does this mean it has cleared itself? I hope so, between this and my clutch problem I am starting to lose patience with Peugeot. I'm now taking the car to another dealer for a second opinion on the clutch!

A

Anonymous

I've been told to do 50mph in second gear to clear it. Apparently it has to heat up enough to burn away the particles (or something like that!). I'm no mechanic but surely that isn't good for my car?!

A

Anonymous

I was told something similar by dealer mechanic on my last car (Audi A4), when I had same warning light. Told to drive on motorway at 70mph in 4th gear not top.