What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

diesel particle emissions filter

A

Anonymous

hi i thought i would post this problem to see if any other diesel rcz owner has had this problem
went down to cornwall for the week the rcz was fantastic to drive down the motorway so easy to pick up a speeding ticket if not careful ,
had the spoiler deployed several times easy to touch 100mph car handled fantastic,went neally to the end of the m5 then hit traffic jams this is when the alarm flashed up particle filter is starting to get blocked handbook states try and do over 35mph to regenerate the system when possible which i did and the alarm cleared.arrived at bude on the saturday morning and through the following week drove around cornwall by the way didnt see one other rcz my car was a reel head turner but im afraid the rcz does not like the little winding roads andthe alarm kept coming up and staying on which drove me mad have you tried doing over 35 mph on the lanes around cornwall just could not clear the alarm it bothered me so much i phoned peugeot assist who said much the same has the handbook i was just worried in case it did any damage.i drove back down the m5 and it took 2 hours of motoring speeds of 70 to 95 mph before the system regenerated i have had the car several weeks and never had this problem driving locally the chap a peugeot assist was very helpful and said the car needed a good blow out to reset the sytem other than that the rcz is a dream to drive got about 48 mpg and i wasnt hanging about i would be interested to see if any one else has experienced this problem

A

Anonymous

I have had same fault to day only done 1100. Miles and not been on a long run in it really

A

Anonymous

hi olly
have been driving around for a week back home and the problem has hopefully resolved itself.i was talking to a college at work who said he has the problem with his audi a4 quite regular i think you have to give it a good run down the motorway now and again'

A

Anonymous

ive done 7k in mine with no issues , i think plenty of spoiler stage 2 helps.

A

Anonymous

GT RCZ said:
now that wouldnt be with the spoiler on auto would it ;)

You may think that but I couldn't possibly comment :eusa-whistle:

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Ok I am going to start a new thread.

" whose had their collar felt by an officer of the law in their RCZ?"

Fine, Points or just a word of caution?

A

Anonymous

hi thanks for the feed back i guess i am going to have to get the rear spoiler deployed more in auto while keeping an eye in my rear view mirror

A

Anonymous

J_SLADE1 said:
hi thanks for the feed back i guess i am going to have to get the rear spoiler deployed more in auto while keeping an eye in my rear view mirror

:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

yeah, same issue for me, 750 miles now but only had one motorway journey where it could be "blown out" it bit of a pain really if this is going to keep happening.

A

Anonymous

hi sorry to here that i guess they dont like town driving you got to keep above 35 if possible i havent had any issues lately has you say i hope its not going to be a problem

A

Anonymous

J_SLADE1 said:
hi olly
have been driving around for a week back home and the problem has hopefully resolved itself.i was talking to a college at work who said he has the problem with his audi a4 quite regular i think you have to give it a good run down the motorway now and again'[/quote

Mine has continued with problem I have taken it to the dealer and the computer said that filter was only 1% clogged so there must be a fault this was late last Friday they were very helpful as only rang them a hour befor I took it Any way I was asked could I bring it back and leave it with them for a day so took it in this Wednesday and it still there now they have downloaded stuff from ecu sent it the france they have sent all test back for them to do and they are work in threw them will keep ya posted on what it was may I just add I could have picked car up any time I wanted they said it was safe to drive but they would have liked it back again any way but since I didn't need it I have just left it with them

A

Anonymous

hi sorry to here that i hope they resolve the problem soon for you what sort of miles do you do just out of interest as i say my problem hasnt returned yet i
dont do many miles so i wondered if this could be the problem .

A

Anonymous

I don't do meany miles either picked car up befor they think they have sorted it there is like a ad blue system like wagons have but on a smaller scale that only needs filling every 100k but it was air locked so will see how it goes

A

Anonymous

Hi all, I drive a HGV and use gallons of AD BLUE in our fleet of 09 reg trunking Volvo's. The emissions warning lights are on and off like a disco. I cover almost 600k in a shift and the trucks are running full bore (55)mph all the time 24/7 as we do mostly motorway driving with very little town driving. The fleet is very often plugged into a computer to remedy the fault. We took delivery of 4 new 60 reg volvo's on 10th Sept, by the 21st most of the new trucks had covered 14000k with no problems.

A

Anonymous

hi looks like a phone call to the dealers tomorrow dreaded DPF alarm has come back even tried to drive like a boy racer but it just want clear,cant keep driving around at 100mph to try and clear it at the expense of a speeding fine love car but begining to wonder if i should have gone for a petrol if this is going to be a problem ill see what the service department say :( :( tomorrow

A

Anonymous

Just waiting for mine to be towed / lifted to the dealer not only did the DPF warning come on but the engine warning light come on today showing an engine fault, car went into limp mode. Called Peugeot assist AA arrived (2 hr wait) plugged into the computer, cleared the fault, took it for a test run got it to 70-80mph same warning lights came on again. Called dealer and suggested as a precaution to tow it into dealership. 2hr wait now for the towing vehicle ?

A

Anonymous

sorry to here that i bet you are really fed up mine hasnt done that yet .my wife has got to take ours in thursday morning hoped they could dowhile she waited but no such luck say they have got to get in touch with france technical they are loaning her a car i read on the net that diesel is cleaner than it used to be and there is no need for this system and it can be turned off in the software but this could effect the warranty if anything happened i just hope this is not going to keep happening, i never had any trouble with my 207 hdi its to late now but the dpf system is ok if your doing lots of motorway driving of which i dont i wish the saleman had this sort of information when i chose the diesel i would have gone for petrol hope your problem gets sorted let me no how you get on

A

Anonymous

Mine seems fine now did go back in after last thread they have bled the system and run it on the computer for a clean out run and it has been fine ever since hope it's ok as drive ing to belgium in it tomorrow

A

Anonymous

hi thats great news i hope you have a carefree drive and you have no more problems just dont like the idea of not having my car but i guess i can put up with it if cures the problem have a safe jouney