What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

diesel particle emissions filter

A

Anonymous

Prviously posted...

The following is intended as some helpful guidance for those of you driving a Diesel Engined RCZ.

The Particle Filter (DPF) is located in the exhaust line and its purpose is to prevent soot and other pollutants from entering the atmosphere. Periodically, it is necessary for the vehicle to clean the filter of the accumulated soot. This process is known as regeneration of the filter.

The warning light is there to advise the driver that the DPF is becoming blocked due to a number of unsuccessful attempts by the vehicle to regenerate (clean) the particle filter. This can happen if the vehicle is used for short journeys and start-stop driving.

If the warning light appears, drive the car until normal operating temperature is reached, then continue driving at a speed of at least 35 - 40 mph until the light goes out (as detailed in the owners' handbook). A time of around 20 minutes is recommended to complete a full regeneration.

Occasionally, the warning light may appear at a high speed. This can be due to the DPF being partially blocked from previous unsuccessful regenerations. The higher rate of exhaust flow at higher engine speeds through the partially blocked filter puts the light on.

Should this happen, drive the vehicle at around 60mph and the warning light should extinguish after a couple of minutes as the regeneration process starts.

BrenIRL

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I let the DPF run dry for ages - had the warning light for a long time, my local back lane garage couldn't fix it after filling it up with fluid - lots of other problems for annual car test and this fault was not a fail. So car has passed and I'm getting around to fixing things. I only use it to go to Tesco and being retired spend a lot of time abroad. Fault msg is P1435 & P1434. I think I can swap out for 2nd hand unit off another Peugeot. Anyone know If this part no is good? 1606340280 Think its the same in 307 & 308s Car is 2011 2ltr model.