What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Decision Made - Nera Black with 19" Midnight Rims

A

Anonymous

G'day All,

Those of you who have read my thread of comparing the RCZ to a TT Quattro should be happy to hear we have made a decision!

Went and saw the dealer today and were bitterly disappointed to learn the Pearl White is not even on a boat to Australia yet and will take 4 to 6 months.

There was an offer of a 200yr Anniversary Model in Pearl White which we could have in around a month (or so), but honestly we're just not that taken with the kevlar effect roof, the grill and other extras like the luggage (wtf?) so we were basically going to pay an extra $4k over list for the privilege of the paint... And as the salesman pointed out, well here in Australia RCZs are ALL sort of limited editions - because there is so few of them!

Now thankfully as we walked in there was a Nera Black - or Metallic Black if you will - with 19" Midnight Sortilage wheels. The little lady said she really did like the black but the thought of it getting dirty etc etc etc.

Long story short, she has seen the error in her ways, this car is a compromise compared to other cars that feature, you know, four doors, functional rear seats, cheap tyres etc. So what does it matter if you see it dirty once in a while and get upset - you will bloody well clean it!!! She also admitted to in her heart of hearts always wanting the black from the start, was just thinking with her practical head on, instead of her emotional one. Silly girl.

And the best news, the black is available right now. Hell we could have driven it away today if not for a workplace lease to get it - but hey, by this time next week we COULD be in our new RCZ!

For the Aussies out there we are getting:

Nera Black
1.6l Manual 147kW/200hp
19" Midnight Sortilege Rims
Monaco Pack (already installed)
"Crystal Elements Paint and Interior Protection"
ICT Tinting (explained as kind of a transition lens tinting for cars
$61,979 on road no more to pay

For the Europeans, we get the sport steering wheel and the short throw shifter as standard, so happy about that.

Going to be a wreck until we get it now.

Glenn

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the RCZ experience :beer:
And goodnight :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

Photo

Here she is sitting in the lot, wondering why we left without taking her with us!

Sorry for the bad iPhone photo...

A

Anonymous

Hey Glenn

Congratulations dude she sure looks good and a good choice, she just cant wait to get on your drive

Have fun with her :beer:

A

Anonymous

Nice choice Glenn. Enjoy your new baby. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Looking agressive. Nice. Is it me, or does any combination of colour and wheels seem perfect on a RCZ?

A

Anonymous

Congratulations Glenn.

Glad you were able to find something you liked off the floor and now Im a bit jealous ;) . The RCZ looks great in almost any colour so its not too hard to switch colours and not be disappointed. I seriously considered the Mercury Grey before finally setting on the Pearl White. When are you expecting to get delivery?

Unfortunately I couldn't find a stock model to my spec in Pearl White locally and as my lease doesn't expire until April, I had time to order mine in. I'm told they're manufacturing Pearl White this month so unless Peugeot France had your order in January you may not have made this month's production. In fact I tried to change the wheels on my order at the end of January but was told it had already been received by Peugeot France so it couldn't be changed. I'm assured though that mine will arrive in Australia sometime in April.

I'm in Sydney so when I get mine we'll have to catch up and compare (would be a good photo black and white side by side). Mine is also the 200THP manual but with a few less 'extras'. I'm regularly on the Hume highway so a trip to Canberra isn't a problem.

Enjoy your new purchase. Some photos by the lake with the fountain in the background would look good.

RCZooM

A

Anonymous

RCZoom,

If the planets align and the lease company gets the paperwork sorted promptly we could be picking her up this Friday or Saturday!

On the lot they hae a nera black (ours), the blue, the siler, a 200yr anniversary pearl white in auto and a flat white which is the demo model.

Agree about the contrasting photo!

A

Anonymous

looks fab mate!

What is included in the Monaco pack? I likes the sound of that !

A

Anonymous

Great photos, Hart. Hope to add some of my own real soon!!!

Figo, Monaco pack includes "JBL premium Hi Fi sound system, Directional bi-Xenon headlights with auto height adjustment & headlight washers". Honestly not something I would have activly chosen as an extra, but it is already on the car and I would rather pay for something like that - as opposed to the kevlar effect roof etc. Plus with the car being under a lease it made barely a dent in payment difference over the next couple of years and what the hey, I can get my doof-doof on.

A

Anonymous

Unfortunatly we have to wait till next week. Finance has all been approved so its a done deal, but the lease paperwork seems to be never ending.

A

Anonymous

G'day Helen,

The black is much sexy indeed

Got another updated this eening, lease has progressed another step with a potential pick-up of this Friday. Although because I was so bitterly dissapointed about it not coming together last week I am keeping my expectation lebel in better check.

A

Anonymous

Maybe maybe maybe might might might possibly possibly possibly will hae Nigella this time tomorrow (pleasepleasepleaseplease).