What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Curses...it's finally happened!! Black solstice damaged!! :(

A

Anonymous

Re: Curses...it's finally happened!! Black solstice damaged!

mrizzle said:
I know...I feel really bad about it too. :( I have had words with her to assure her that the love is still very much there. It's not her fault after all.

Go and give her back arches a caress and tell her it'll be alright!!

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
mrizzle said:
I know...I feel really bad about it too. :( I have had words with her to assure her that the love is still very much there. It's not her fault after all.

Go and give her back arches a caress and tell her it'll be alright!!

Yes ma'am....

A

Anonymous

....aaaaaand...done. :D She/we will be ok...

A

Anonymous

A wheel is £ 300 for new one mate Peugeot charge more just google the solstice wheel

A

Anonymous

:thumbup: Thanks for that Jassy!! I guess the thing that niggles is that for me to repair the alloy and buy one to run that's gonna leave me little change from 430 bucks. Cost in a spare tyre to allow for a roadside change and that's me up to almost 700!!! :eek:

A

Anonymous

I knew they would have to send it away because of the size being 19" l knew this as my Honda's alloy was kerbed by the dealers whilst in for a service when l was on holiday l ended up having to buy a new wheel at £575 :(

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
:thumbup: Thanks for that Jassy!! I guess the thing that niggles is that for me to repair the alloy and buy one to run that's gonna leave me little change from 430 bucks. Cost in a spare tyre to allow for a roadside change and that's me up to almost 700!!! :eek:

Maybe you just have to take Dolphin off the road for a week and drive the Fiat???

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
I knew they would have to send it away because of the size being 19" l knew this as my Honda's alloy was kerbed by the dealers whilst in for a service when l was on holiday l ended up having to buy a new wheel at £575 :(

Crumbs!!! :eek: I hope the dealer stumped up for that then!!!

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
mrizzle said:

Maybe you just have to take Dolphin off the road for a week and drive the Fiat???

Apart from the logistical impossibilities of that (slight sigh of relief), there are practical difficulties as it's like driving a child's toy car and I have my street cred to uphold!!! :lol:

That said, I would swallow the latter if it meant having my lovely Dolphin back in pristine nick...probably.

A

Anonymous

Mind you, not sure I want to swallow that cost! It's a lot of money for what it is...

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Kerbed alloy, impractical repair (and problem of no full sized spare or space saver perhaps coming to rear its unwelcome head again)...and a face lifted RCZ...*face plant number 4*.
I paid around (don't recall exact price) £550 for a full sized spare. Not only will it allow you to drive your car at normal speeds following any punctures. It allows you to wait for the correct tyre to be sourced (at the right price) without being "held to ransom" as well as getting any damaged alloys repaired. I believe that it is a worth while investment and given the price we have paid for our RCZ's not exorbitant for the peace of mind. After all some folks pay more than that for a years insurance cover and are less likely to gain anything from that.
So Mr Rizz if you plan on keeping your car for a while then make the investment into the only real alternative to the gunk and buy a full sized wheel to match your existing four :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your post RON! :thumbup: I'm planning on keeping the car a few years. It's that or find my marriage come to a rather abrupt end! :lol: The looks I'm getting for talking about the Mark II RCZ,and my desire for it, are similar to the ones I imagine I would receive if I told her I'd drowned a bag of puppies...I believe "contemptuous disgust" would about cover it.

I think the spare is the only real alternative but, then again, this I am still looking at then spending the best part of 900 bucks for that and an alloy. I really am not too sure what to do about it. Food for thought though RON. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
jassyo06 said:

In a nutshell no.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
mrizzle said:
jassyo06 said:

In a nutshell no.

Whaaaaaaaat?!?! :eek: I imagine you left them in no uncertainty as to how that made you feel!!!!