What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Corroded Mirrors.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I'm sorry Rob but I would have to disagree with you. This is a big deal. If this can cause corrosion inside the mirror plus cause unremovable marks in the paintwork, then its a problem that Peugeot need to sort out. We pay enough money for the car so no-one expects to have to put up with this sort of problem.

Totaly agree 100% with RCZ1 :clap:

It is a worry that something is corroding so soon on the car.

Peugeot now about it so they must act upon it.

FGRob

Reaction score
Look if you want to do something about then go to Peugeot, sounding off on here does nothing, you have all been told of a fix go and sort it out.

As for me I will not be keeping the car for much longer, so I can't see the point in getting it sorted, every time the car goes in for something to be put right it comes out with other things wrong.

Peugeot's problem is not the car - that's great, it's the Dealerships (not all I will say), where I live they are fucking crap, the main concern I had about buying a Peugeot was the Dealer support and that has totally destroyed my liking of the car, I will go back to Toyota as I like the local dealership, I've been going there for many years and they know what I expect.

So good luck with your quest.

Rob. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

"Look if you want to do something about then go to Peugeot, sounding off on here does nothing..."

The whole point of this forum is to allow people TO do that...whether it makes a difference or not, people on here want to share their experiences and voice their opinions...chill out

A

Anonymous

RCZ_84 said:
"Look if you want to do something about then go to Peugeot, sounding off on here does nothing..."

The whole point of this forum is to allow people TO do that...whether it makes a difference or not, people on here want to share their experiences and voice their opinions...chill out

Again, another point put across very well, if all forum members went straight to the dealer WITHOUT talking about the experiences, problems, faults ect then there would be no point in having a bloody forum in the first place.

I learnt of this corrosion issue because of people "sounding off", so to them i say thankyou. :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Come on people, let's keep this on topic. People have let off some steam so let's put that to bed and continue with valid points on the subject of the corroded mirrors. :D

A

Anonymous

hi rob just a question ime curious to ask as you state you are going back to toyota which model would you be looking at ! regards mel

FGRob

Reaction score
mel said:
hi rob just a question ime curious to ask as you state you are going back to toyota which model would you be looking at ! regards mel
Hi Mel.

I'm not sure yet, I was thinking of the FT 86 but that's not out until next year, so going to have a look around, I might look at the Mini Countryman as that's made at the same plant as the RCZ and as the same engine, I've had a Mini before and the dealer is pretty good.

I will see plenty of time until September.

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure yet, I was thinking of the FT 86 but that's not out until next year, so going to have a look around, I might look at the Mini Countryman as that's made at the same plant as the RCZ and as the same engine, I've had a Mini before and the dealer is pretty good.

I will see plenty of time until September.[/quote]

I have to say the FT looked ace when the first pictures were made public but before they decided to Max Power it. Now I doubt it will be on my Christmas list. :thumbdown:

VASS

Reaction score
i had this from day one on my first RCZ
its a shocking state of affairs, the dealers hands are tied, (its all about money after all)

I hope they stand up to be counted(Peugeot) and sort a fix for this.

It would certainly change my opinion when people ask me about the car when they are thinking of buying one.

A

Anonymous

Oh People...COME ON :brickwall:

I have to agree with the Mods and their usual stance on matters such as this.

Fix it yourself for God's Sake....it's only a minor issue :lol:

Once the rain has dried up this afternoon, I'm out there with my Drill and Polyfilla to sort out this measly little problem.
I haven't experienced it to date, although I know it must be there....inside, slowly rusting away.

My Ignorance was bliss, although now this Forum has informed me about it, I'm going to have to do something about it.
D*mn you Helpful Posters, why didn't you keep this to yourself :eusa-shhh:

;)

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Oh People...COME ON :brickwall:

I have to agree with the Mods and their usual stance on matters such as this.

Fix it yourself for God's Sake....it's only a minor issue :lol:

Once the rain has dried up this afternoon, I'm out there with my Drill and Polyfilla to sort out this measly little problem.
I haven't experienced it to date, although I know it must be there....inside, slowly rusting away.

My Ignorance was bliss, although now this Forum has informed me about it, I'm going to have to do something about it.
D*mn you Helpful Posters, why didn't you keep this to yourself :eusa-shhh:

;)

Well my fellow taff, once you have sorted yours, pop down the road a sort mine out eh ! good fellow. :beer:

t110jim

Reaction score
tried masking doors and spraying waxoyl around mirrors and leaving it for few hours to dry will update on success

A

Anonymous

t110jim said:
tried masking doors and spraying waxoyl around mirrors and leaving it for few hours to dry will update on success

The problem is inside the mirror housing, so how did you manage to the spray inside there without dismantling the whole assembly ?
Also correct me if i'm wrong, but doesnt WaxOyl go off quite hard, so this may affect the mirrors movements which i think on the RCZ is quite complex.

A

Anonymous

Since my mirrors arms have been replaced under warranty I have no water marks on my doors.

They donot drip either after washing.

Before refitting the new mirror arms the insides were painted, These are standard arms with no mods,drilling holes etc.

Solved my problem.

So if you only have a water drip marks from the mirrors Peugeot's answer tuff.

If you have oxidization marks that can only be removed by T-cut see your Dealer for a local Dealer fix, Take a copy of the pictures on this thread of my mirrors to prove your point what could be inside the arms.

A

Anonymous

I have developed this same problem. Water marks that I cant remove through polishing, a very fine white powdery stain that starts around the base of the mirror arm and then a stream that runs down the door.

How easy are the mirrors to get a apart as I intend to treat with ACF 50?

Where are the holed that need opening up?

A

Anonymous

i recon if its easy to dismantle the mirrors,most owners will bee able to sort this problem themselves.

A

Anonymous

mr shiney

Just take it back to your Dealer under warranty. You have the same problem as mine. You need new mirror arms and the Dealer will paint them inside and out. Thats the fix Peugeot agreed with my Dealer.

Your mirror arms are corroided inside leaving a deposit down your door

Take the picture off this thread to the Dealer to prove your point.

A

Anonymous

thanks race. I have sent them the pics of the mirrors, pictures of the doors on here and pictures of my doors which are identical. They are telling me that there is no service bulleting from Peugeot..... Waiting to here back from them.

A

Anonymous

There is no service bulleting from Peugeot

Its classed as a local fix.