What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Coolant Thermostat Housing

kdchrcz20

Reaction score
Was told by garage that the above is leaking...How big ah job is this to change?

Thanks K

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Its not too bad a job there are a few videos on YouTube for the mini equivalent a bit fiddly and there is a pipe that runs at the back of the engine that if dislodged is a pig to get back in.

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Was told by garage that the above is leaking...How big ah job is this to change?

Thanks K

garage done it for me for 80 pound labour, i bought the part from ebay store, just make sure its the right one as the thp 200 and thp 156 versions are different

Pedro

Reaction score
Its also worth noting that the seals in the banjo fitting on the Turbo coolant pipe from the block are another big suspect for leaks on the RCZs prince engine !
I would only buy the dealer part because from experience I know that some aftermarket parts will fail as they came without the electrical connection upgrades needed to wire them in especially on the 207 GT

kevin1959

Reaction score
not a bad job ,got remove cat, rear heat sheild ,connector on houseing, a little tricky to disconect,don,t over tight houseing and cooler bolts ,i tighterned up to 10nm, be careful takeing coolant pipe of aux water pump hope this helps ,oh yes when takeing houseing off coolant can enter oil pan,i replaced oil and coolant.

Pedro

Reaction score
Yep I changed mine for a aftermarket one which has failed after 12000ish miles I am now preparing to fit a original PSA part as the old saying goes buy cheap buy twice is the rule when it comes to these engine's