What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Considering an RCZ

A

Anonymous

I'm maybe thinking about downsizing from my current car, as below, to an RCZ, to free up some cash. Looking at pre-owned in white with warranty. Just a quick question, what's the interior like? It's really important to me, and whilst there is no denying the beauty of the car...I'm not sure about the cabin etc...

Also, any other immediate mods? I like the feline exhaust....anything else I should think about? Thanks

RCZ1

Reaction score
Nice car you have there already. With regards to the interior of the RCZ. I think it's a nice place be. The faux leather which comes as standard makes the interior look good or you can specify extended leather which makes the dash real leather as well as the seats, etc. If you go for the Sat Nav option it offers a little more luxury look to the interior as the screen pops out of the dash. But even the standard dash which I have, still makes it a good place to be.

I hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

What you have to remember is that the RCZ is worth considerably less than the beemer so the trim levels will be the same.

Having said that I love my RCZ, but it's nothing in comparison to my OH's C63 AMG but then it's worth 2-3x more. I love my 'simple' RCZ interior ..... and the sparkly bits centre console :text-blondmoment: .........

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
What you have to remember is that the RCZ is worth considerably less than the beemer so the trim levels will be the same.
Freudian Slip :clap: or intentional Donna?

The feline is no longer available direct from Peugeot. So that would be either already fitted or an after market purchase. The Media Pack which included the Sat Nav as already stated does add an extra dimension to an already pleasant cabin. The vision Pack is pretty much a must have as it give amazing forward vision and the beams turn as you turn the steering wheel. The Sports Pack brings a smaller steering wheel to replace the truck like standard one and gives a more sportier feel to the driving experience.

I love my RCZ and would recommend it to almost anybody as it is a great value for money car. Great to look at and fantastic to drive as well as economical :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, and sorry for the pics of my car being cut off at the sides, no idea why!!

I went to my local dealer, and they have a white new auto in stock, the 1.6 156 BNP one, fully loaded. With Sat Nav, JBL and leather, but no Xenons, and at £27500, a little on the high side.

The only think I didn't like we're the wheels, they were black with silver tips on the ends, and I would prefer the dark grey one colour ones.

Now here comes the $$$ Million Question. The market being what it is, what do you think I should be offering against it? £25,000 sound way too low and would the laugh at me? I'm not going to bother with a test drive, I like it. And I lve the way the seats have so much travel back. I'm not overly tall, but have long legs, and can sit quite a far way back.

What's the navigation like? High quality and good visuals?

The silliest thing I saw though, was the audio controls, why are they not on the steering wheel?

If this makes you feel better, I bought my Z4 2 years ago, for £43,000 and now it's worth £24,000, so not too great, but I'm thinking either pre owned or new. Sensible head says pre owned....and I'm into detailing in a big way, so could easily get it looking like new again

Thanks for your help

A

Anonymous

Can't work out why my pics get cut off!!!

A

Anonymous

Very very nice car mate...........so you need to free up some dot-dash it must the only reason to go for the rcz its an idea if you want the johnny cash but if you cant do without selling or trading down the rcz secondhand will do nicely as for donna she knows nowt about cars :wave: your Z4 is far superior in every single aspect.....performance,style,build,handling,residuals I have driven 3.0i z4 Msport VERY good car the only problem BMW ever had with New Z4 was the PORSCHE BOXTER.................. :crazy:

Right if your going for a RCZ The spec to get is pearl white paint,vision pack,XENONS ARE EXTRA ON A RCZ :thumbdown: satnav 200bhp/163 bhp diesel,upgraded alloys,feline kit................anything else is not worth having............say on a 11/12 plate under 10k miles i would say your talking about £18k/£19k just a guess for a fully loaded car

Good luck on your quest :)

A

Anonymous

You didn't like the black solstice alloys?! I have them and love them. I think they're one of the nicest alloys on the market and they make the car look "money".

Wouldn't be fussed about the JBL pack nor the sat nav. The xenons are a far better option to have. A must I'd say, and I kick myself for not having gotten them.

I think that the dealer is being rather ambitious in their pricing. This may be in part due to it being an automatic. Do you really want an automatic?! In a car like this it's totally unnecessary and will impair your enjoyment of a marvellous car. The standard gearbox is very capable and doesn't need worked to get the best out of the engine.

Having had audio controls on my steering wheel in the past, I prefer them in the stalk. It makes the wheel less cluttered and they don't end up "back to front" while manoeuvring.

A

Anonymous

Hmmmm £27500!!!
I'd say that was a little over priced for the little bhp. I'm sure if you had a good look around you could pick up a 200 fully loaded for less, I know there's an asphalt on ebay(dealer) for £22,450. Seems like a better deal to me ;)

A

Anonymous

You know your cars and know that the Boxster clips the E89 very well, but at £60K, it's a very expensive idea!! I have always liked the RCZ and have always said so on the Z4 forum. Ok the badge is a bit crappy, but it's a very very stylish car. It is far superior to the TT and also the GT86 I'd say. It's only downfall is maybe the front wheel drive, but as the engine isn't crazy like a Focus RS, front wheel drive suits it.

I own the Z outright, and thought about freeing up some cash and taking advantage of the cheap leases on the RCZ. I think on a new standard model one, £3000 down and £269 a month over 4 years.

But, let me know what you think I would be offering on a new one, if its sticker price is £27,500.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I came from a long line of Autos, before the Z I had a Range Rover Sport, and the Z4 has a DCT gearbox which is amazing. And I am 44 after all!!! Haha

I suppose the better option may be to but a used one outright at the £17K mark and pocket some cash. I know what you mean about navigation, but it makes more sense on a used car, as it won't have retained its cost. But on a new one, I'd rather buy a large Tom Tom and incorporate the wiring into the dash somehow. But the nav does fill the gap well.

A

Anonymous

Starky said:
Oh and cool name STARK. Iron man2 rizzle? ;)

Haha, it's part of my company name....

I am a big one for organising meets, so when I get one, would love a meet, wherever it is!! I am organising a quick Chrimbo trip to Calais and Lille at Christmas for a one day jaunt!!!! Who knows, I might still go but in the RCZ!!

A

Anonymous

Dealers will be offering big big discounts on every model to get them shifted before facelift;)

A

Anonymous

Stark said:
I am a big one for organising meets, so when I get one, would love a meet, wherever it is!! I am organising a quick Chrimbo trip to Calais and Lille at Christmas for a one day jaunt!!!! Who knows, I might still go but in the RCZ!!
One thing you will love about the RCZ, it has a great big boot, perfect for that wee jaunt to Calais ;)

A

Anonymous

Starky said:

Avengers assemble!! Incidentally have you seen the trailer for Iron Man 3? Looks good!!

A

Anonymous

Starky said:
Stark said:
One thing you will love about the RCZ, it has a great big boot, perfect for that wee jaunt to Calais ;)

And for the returning bottles of plonk!!

A

Anonymous

Stark said:
Starky said:

Haha, it's part of my company name....

Whereabouts are you based Stark?

I think that if you negotiate hard the model you've seen could be yours for around 23,000. Just mention the facelifted version due in spring...