What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Competence sought

Pedro

Reaction score
Hissing sounds usually mean a vacuum/fluids leak
can you post a picture of where that insert came from as if you removed it & hear hissing sounds after the bolt came out it must be under pressure?

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
It's viewable in the 2nd picture I posted between the 3-4 spark plug. The bolt is in the hole. No idea if the bolt is tight.

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Could there be a crack or hole in the plastic somewhere around that hole? It definitely seems to be just a bolt hole. 1st pic is a different engine to yours but shows the bolts (just above the oil cap I guess)? 2nd pic is one I took of mine (200 THP) there is a bit of oil there which is making it look orange (probably overspill when filling). Maybe an inspection camera would get more detail for you?

Attachments

• rocker cover.jpg
    rocker cover.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 9
  • rocker cover 2.JPG
    rocker cover 2.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 9

Pedro

Reaction score
I see know its a rocker cover bolt those are just bolted into the top of the head to clamp the cover down question is why have they packed it with tape?
As for the hissing sound's the engine is pressurized so if you took the oil cap off you would have both air & oil flying out

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
I think I'll have to take the cover off to find out. Problem is garages are so damn expensive nowadays just for an inspection so I'll wait until Saturday and do it myself.

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
I tried to test the screws first to see if they are actually tight. The ones in between the spark plugs which I took pictures of.

I tried the left one and that wouldn't tighten. I then loosened the right bolt and then tried to tighten and that would not tighten either now.

Is there a trick to get these to nip up or should it be relatively easy.

If they don't tighten would the cause then be the rocker cover or whatever they screw into.

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
I got 1 of the bolts out and I have 2 questions.
Is this the correct bolt (image attached) which goes into the centre of the rocker cover?
Should these bolts come out without taking the rocker cover off?

The other bolt in the centre of the rocker cover doesn't come out and will not tighten either.

Attachments

• 20220226_140506.jpg
    20220226_140506.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 3