What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Collinite 476S

A

Anonymous

Evening folks.. Had a morning detailing :) In particular I finally got to use my tub of Collinite 476S

Overall I am hugely impressed with the ease of use, ease of removal and beading properties. Its been a while since I was this impressed with a product.

1: Washed car and dried as per the guide.
2: went over the car with a quick detailing spray (not quick wax as pictured)
3: Filled up a bowl of hot near boiling water and took outside along with the rest of product.
4: Steeped applicator pad in boiling water and then rubbed it in the tin (the wet applicator picks up the wax more sparingly)
5: applied to panel
6: Put applicator back in bowl
7: Buff off using microfibre

The applicator should do a few panels with the initial dose.

The tip with Collinite seems to be less is very much more.
:beer:

Back to familiar ground for a snap sesh...

RCZ1

Reaction score
Glad you got on with the Colly better than I did! It was the first time I'd used a paste wax. Normally use the Dodo Juice waxes or Zymol which I usually apply with my bare hands as you don't put too much wax on and they smell fantastic too!

You seem to have got application absolutely spot on.

A

Anonymous

Think it very much had to do with hot, wet applicator pad. Seemed to pick up just enough product :)

A

Anonymous

Anybody a fan of Autoglym? I have some but I'm a bit nervous about getting it on the beasty

A

Anonymous

Hi H12RPO, I have been using Autoglym products for years and thoroughly recommend it. Be careful with the polish that you don’t get it on any of the black plastic parts as it will leave white residue. This can be easily removed with Autoglym bumper care. This is good stuff and it smells lovely. Since taking ownership of my RCZ I have invested £££ on cleaning products. I have purchased lots of Dodo Juice products and even some Swiss Vax for my alloys. I still return to the Autoglym. Research the products on line and even on this forum there is detailing information. Find out how to apply it to achieve the best results. It all comes down to personal preference in the end. Power to your elbow and if it’s good enough for royalty then it must be right. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

I also have a big container of MER..............whats that like?

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
I also have a big container of MER..............whats that like?

Hi H12RPO, Mer is a polish that’s been around for 30 years or more. I remember the demonstrations at car boot shows where they would polish a bonnet in Mer and then set it on fire with lighter fluid, a quick rub down made the bonnet shine again. This was to demonstrate the protection offered by the polish. If you have had the Mer for a long time then it may be wiser to buy a new product. There are better products on the market. If you want to try it out then apply it low down near to the wheel arches as Mer is a good tar remover. Read the directions on the container. Only do a small area to see what you think. Looking at Figo's photo's you could use the same product as demonstrated.:greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Right then - Collinite ordered (Just need Figo to come around and put it on!), Mer and other stuff gone to landfill, now then, any advice on the best approach for the black Sortilege alloys or is it just patience and time?
Also anybody got any trickses on how to get the inside of the rim clean without involving a small child for the wrist contortions? :lol:

A

Anonymous

indeed.. its the best way to do it and if you clean the wheel right once it will last for a long time.

Get some good wheel wax on the wheels and then the next time all will be needed is a good wash and hose down :)

A

Anonymous

Thats been over a week of Scottish grime and about 450 Miles after a wee roadtrip.. Absolutely manky.. Fired up the snow lance and even though I used just a normal shampoo solution it cleaned up very well and every panel is still tightly beading :)

A

Anonymous

The Collinite I bought on eBay. Large tub, microfibre cloth and an applicator pad for about £22 but that tub may possibly last longer than your RCZ ownership! :lol: milage has been over 1.2k since application in scotlands very variable weather.

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
The Collinite I bought on eBay. Large tub, microfibre cloth and an applicator pad for about £22 but that tub may possibly last longer than your RCZ ownership! :lol: milage has been over 1.2k since application in scotlands very variable weather.