What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Clutch noise?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't Evans Halshaws Wakefield is it Pete?

2retro

Reaction score
DKZ's car 30 minutes after dropping it off... :eusa-whistle:

Attachments

• dkz.jpg
    dkz.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 5,702

Sanity

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
While it was there I had to pay for a replacement auxiliary belt £59.61 as they said it was “cracking”,

I replaced my belt also just before i sold the car as it was crackin (you can see it if you look at it) they do and mine was 7 years old so i guess it will be pretty common issue here for more peeps soon.
BUT.... 60£ !!?? :lol: Mine was replaced few weeks ago and i paid 11£ for the belt and nothing extra for the work as it was in for service anyway. the mechanic said it took like 3min to replace and is a easy job.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
2retro said:
DKZ's car 30 minutes after dropping it off... :eusa-whistle:

No chance! 30 minutes after Halshaws Wakefield have tinkered with it it may never run again!
I'm speaking from experience had a very bad experience buying and servicing issues with a fiat 500 my wife bought from them and can anyone remember Ron from the forum who bought a new Z from Halshaws Wakefield and had numerous problems with them and after voicing his frustration got a call from Peter Ambrose Peugeot dealer in castleford who said Peugeot UK had instructed them to contact Ron and take over any dealings and the servicing of his Z.

Though That was some time ago so seriously I hope Halshaws have now got their act together and sort Pete's Z to his satisfaction.

Fingers crossed :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Sanity said:
DKZ5745 said:
While it was there I had to pay for a replacement auxiliary belt £59.61 as they said it was “cracking”,

I replaced my belt also just before i sold the car as it was crackin (you can see it if you look at it) they do and mine was 7 years old so i guess it will be pretty common issue here for more peeps soon.
BUT.... 60£ !!?? :lol: Mine was replaced few weeks ago and i paid 11£ for the belt and nothing extra for the work as it was in for service anyway. the mechanic said it took like 3min to replace and is a easy job.

I thought it was a bit steep, but they had it there, so it was just easier to let them get on with it. Plus, to be honest, to have anything done for under £100 at a main dealer sounds cheap :wtf:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have my concerns about Halshaw’s Wakefield, but then again, compared with Cars 2 Peugeot Barnsley, they are positive genius’s.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’ve had a quick peek in their parts department, so I’m hopeful they’ll have the bits I need...... :wtf:

Attachments

• 75E2C1E5-C5B7-4FA2-A75D-A9610C9A2B32.jpeg
    75E2C1E5-C5B7-4FA2-A75D-A9610C9A2B32.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 5,678

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It was mainly once mine had warmed up, and only ever from a standing start into 1st or very occasionally into reverse. How they can tell it’s the flywheel by just listening to the noise is beyond me.
My father in law who was the head mechanic for a Vauxhall dealership until he retired said he thought it sounded like the clutch release bearing, and that he had done a few cars with the same problem over the years.

Time will tell...... let’s just hope they either replace everything or they guess right first time :eusa-think:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd have assumed (having owned a 407 diesel with a failing clutch and flywheel) that you would be able to tell it's the flywheel by the vibrations coming back through the clutch pedal.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
That’s the thing, there is nothing from the pedal, and no clutch slip. The only sign is the noise, but it is very loud when it does it.

I too have had cars with clutch issues before, judder, slip, but the Z seems fine, except for the noise. I know a few others on here have commented that they too have an occasional “groan” from the clutch, so maybe it’s just an RCZ “thing”.

If the warranty company is happy to fund the “repair” - let them get on with it. Worse case scenario is that I get a brand new clutch :thumbup:

jr4070

Reaction score
I have posted earler in the thread but a discription of my noise is very similar to the Tie fighters in Star Wars... bit wierd referencing it to that...but it is very similar. Happens to my R first junction of the day.. Usually never here it after that..

RCZ-R

Reaction score
BTW I got my clutch replaced too. That noise was down to worn pressure plate on the clutch. The bearing itself was still OK and the plate was like new. Almost no wear after over 70.000 miles.

My garage did it in one day. One :)

Finger crossed!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I’ve had a quick peek in their parts department, so I’m hopeful they’ll have the bits I need...... :wtf:

That's all the parts left over from their repair work (there's always a bit left over! Isn't there? :lol: :lol:)

On a more serious note when we bought the wife's fiat 500 there seemed to be quite a few damaged repairable sin different states of repair round the back of their workshop. They didn't seem to be customer repairs because they had sustained too much damage. Worried me looked like they were repairing and selling on. :eusa-think:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
ANECDOTE ALERT: :sleeping-yellow:
Some time during the sixties, a major manufacturer introduced, in their main dealerships, a flow-line system for servicing.
The son of my father's friend worked on one such.
Many of the range had either identical or very similar components.
He gave instances where the vehicle nearing completion and therefore blocking the queue behind, had a failure on a component.
So, quickly looking down the queue, they would spot a model with the same or similar bit to the failing one.
They would cannibalise the one down the queue for the part and fit it to the one at the front to get things going.
Then they would hope that either the spares department would have the relocated component, or another similarly endowed motor would join the queue. to be subsequently a donor and so on. :dance:
Good, eh?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
BTW I parked next to this when I last visited, it belongs to the mechanic who worked on my Z.......

Attachments

• 6B6530EC-17FF-433E-B3FE-ED141DF55AF5.jpeg
    6B6530EC-17FF-433E-B3FE-ED141DF55AF5.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 5,615