What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Chiptuning Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 156

A

Anonymous

But keep in mind that the remaped 156 HP will be much quicker than stock 200HP...and it is a cheaper too... :)

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Indeed it would

Read recently that Vauxhall have been removing the ecus from Vxr corsas & astras etc and having them expertly examined for signs of remapping/operation outside of original setting before agreeing to do engine/drivetrain warranty work on the cars. Lots of unhappy remappers who thought they had been clever by having the ecu put back to standard have been told to Foxtrot Oscar when trying to get blown engines/gearboxes under warranty.....

A

Anonymous

Fairy tales.... Besides 99,9% of dealers/garages have no idea how to check if car was remaped - especially in Peugeot. I used to work in Peugeot garage few yeras ago and I know what I'm talking about...

A

Anonymous

tomu80 said:
Fairy tales.... Besides 99,9% of dealers/garages have no idea how to check if car was remaped - especially in Peugeot. I used to work in Peugeot garage few yeras ago and I know what I'm talking about...

Actually the Vauxhall ECU thing is not a "fairy tale"......they are sent to Thorney Motorsport or if further examination is required Superchips.....

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showth ... parameters

A

Anonymous

Irony being that thorney offer a Vauxhall remap service :lol:

A

Anonymous

tomu80 said:
But keep in mind that the remaped 156 HP will be much quicker than stock 200HP...and it is a cheaper too... :)

Much quicker...I doubt it...its not all about bhp...I test drove a 156 and a 200 and I could take the 200 round a curve (comon on most roads I know) at higher speeds than the 156 just because of its extra stiff suspension setup. The 156 was "wobblier" than the 200 and didnt instill as much confidence going round a curve. the 200 felt glued to the road. That was one of the deciding factors for me buying the 200. The extra bhp this process gives you only serves on the straight line or pulling off at lights, something I'm not interested in personally!

A

Anonymous

More Torque in a remapped 156.

Also the stiffer setup is simply the hubs from the good old 407 and a stiffening brace. easy as pie to do. Not that I can cook

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
More Torque in a remapped 156.

Also the stiffer setup is simply the hubs from the good old 407 and a stiffening brace. easy as pie to do. Not that I can cook

Maybe so but in "real world" driving the 200 is superior in handling than the 156...or at least it was better than the 156 I drove! That for me was a main reason to buy the 200. It wasnt so "spongy" on the curves as the 156. It just handles so much better AFAIAC.

A

Anonymous

I remaped my 207 on saturday. I have 180 HP/ 290 Nm and I can't wait to meet a RCZ 200 on a road (because I'm now much faster at 0-60 than RCZ 200) :-D

A

Anonymous

Yeah.. when I reach the corner you would be far, far away behind me... With a 207 ! - twice cheaper, and about half a second 0-60 faster than expensive RCZ 200 :-D

A

Anonymous

0-60 is meaningless. a full tank of fuel can affect 0-60 times more than an extra 40 horses.

and any gains in straight line speed (which i still think wouldnt be there) would be lost in the corner as the RCZ is reknowned to have one of the best carry through speeds of its class.

This is due to the simpler and cheaper suspension setup and the dimensions of the car.

Gonna have to trust me on how good the RCZ corners and carries its speed. Ive hooned with the best and was shocked by the lower powered RCZ
Not that

A

Anonymous

"full tank of fuel can affect 0-60 times more than an extra 40 horses" So you think that 50 kg of an extra load makes the same difference as 40 HP less? :shock: :D :D :D I haven't heard such a silly thing for a loooong time.... :-D Hmmm... So I must drive with about 5 liters in a tank and I could be faster than a new 911. :D

207 and 207 RC is much lighter than RCZ and it has an excelent grip because of that. I can't wait to meet a RCZ on a road. :p

A

Anonymous

I think you don't know what you talking abt. It's very depends from many things, and extra load not last.Hp power it's not all. I have 156 stock with sport pack,yesterday chased with Rx-8, it's really good car- 6.1 sec 0-60. I finished first, Mazda was not new and driver was weak. But! man it's 6.1 against 8.5. And you talk abt 0.5 sec on poor car. You can easy lost that time on gears change.

A

Anonymous

Anyway - remaped 156 RCZ is much faster on a real road than a stock 200 HP RCZ, and much cheaper also :)

A

Anonymous

Yes may be but depends on remap. In real world it's only digits on paper. ;)

A

Anonymous

tomu80 said:
207 and 207 RC is much lighter than RCZ and it has an excelent grip because of that. I can't wait to meet a RCZ on a road. :p

Only 75kg between a 207 GTi THP and a RCZ 156 GT ;)

That's about the weight of a Passenger :p