What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Chiptuning Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 156

FGRob

Reaction score
I can never trust that type of up-grade, you don't really know what you are getting. I prefer a piggy back or standalone ECU which can be mapped on a rolling road, costs a bit more than £450. You also need to watch your warranty with anything like that.

A

Anonymous

it's likely to be no less generic or dodgey than a standard map..I mean your standard maps will not be for your car specifically just the lowest common denominator on the production line.

can you revert to the original if needed?

A

Anonymous

If anybody is interested Viezu Technolgies are having an open day for tuning and dyno runs at there Bromsgrove HQ. The day will be covered by performance french car mag and there will be free refreshments and a team from Flashremapping http://www.flashremapping.co.uk and JWE Automotive http://www.jwe-automotive.co.uk there to give any advise you may want to know about.

For further details contact JWE Automotive, info@jwe-automotive or 0845 519 3674

A

Anonymous

I am not much of a gearhead, but want more power from my RCZ. Unfortunately only the 1.6/156 is available in Thailand.

Question is: Is this something I can install myself and not blow up my new car? Remember, no skills, only power starved :(

A

Anonymous

guys if i use chip or upgrade the ECU is there any chance of having problems with my electronics??

A

Anonymous

the simple answer is ..it can. depends on the remap and also does the change impact just the ECU. Either way you wont be covered under warranty so if you do get an electronic problem you have to pay to have it fixed

A

Anonymous

Chris21Rcz said:
guys if i use chip or upgrade the ECU is there any chance of having problems with my electronics??

Its been done thousands of times before on 207GTi's, 308 GT's and the Mini Cooper S. Many reputable tuning firms will be able to do it. Warranty issues will arise tho.

A

Anonymous

Has anyone actually installed this tuning on their RCZ 1.6THP 156 ? I am seriously considering putting this on to get that additional torque and power.

Any links I can see reviews of people actually using this device?

A

Anonymous

Tunning boxes are pants and will lead to problems. Get a reputable tuning firm to set up a custom map for you,.

These boxes are basically resistors that alters signals that your ECU recieves causing them to adjust the Air Fuel ratio to give more power.

Downside is it can melt your engine

A

Anonymous

Hello guys. Haven't got a rcz yet but I was wondering about the differences of 156hp and 200hp cars. What is different? Ecu? Turbo? Also is there a difference in brakes?

A

Anonymous

main difference in a custom/standard driving = reprises

of course it has some differences too in top speed, acceleration and braking

A

Anonymous

Nimi said:
Hello guys. Haven't got a rcz yet but I was wondering about the differences of 156hp and 200hp cars. What is different? Ecu? Turbo? Also is there a difference in brakes?

I have the 200. It is a lot quicker than the 156 and the suspension setup is a lot firmer. It has an additional anti roll bar on the front which means it goes round corners virtually flat. It actually corners as well as my 998.

It has bigger front brakes and the ECU, engine and turbo are different from the 156.

I have had mine for three months now and only just hit 1000m so the car has not full loosened up yet but it is starting to show potential.

My only real complaint is the acceleration is not sparkling but once it is on the boil it is very nimble.

A

Anonymous

The 200 has a larger Turbo and stronger pistons. The ECU is the same but with a different map on it.

Interestingly the DS3 racing uses the 156 Engine with its smaller turbo but with a better exhaust and more agressive map on the ECU.

I think the 200 also has vairable timing on the Exhaust side wheras the 156 has a variable intake.

A

Anonymous

Check the Superchips website,reading Figo's comments yesterday and when i checked they do supply a dealer fit chip for the 156THP only, :thumbdown: good torque and bhp increase,and i would recommend that company,as they are the origional tuners and well respected by companie's :clap:

A

Anonymous

can the automatic gearbox handle the additional power and torque?

A

Anonymous

dolanog said:
Check the Superchips website,reading Figo's comments yesterday and when i checked they do supply a dealer fit chip for the 156THP only, :thumbdown: good torque and bhp increase,and i would recommend that company,as they are the origional tuners and well respected by companie's :clap:

If you check out the Superchips website they now list an upgrade for the 2oo THP, 28bhp increase. :p