What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Central locking probs PLEASE HELP !!

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I thinks its something in the Welsh air or the water m8, then the sight of a 4 legged woolly cardigan and before you know it it's sausage time :lol:
Confirmation has just been received, Project "boot" has been successful in catching two separate sheepmates. Apparently the sheep climbed out of the boot as the potential lovers opened the drivers door :helpme:
Twas either of them you jactac :?:

A

Anonymous

I'd love to explain but i have a mouth full of wool m8, :D :lol:

A

Anonymous

Bit of an update, everything seems to of righted itself !

just went back to the car after doing some shopping and the doors unlocked as normal, leaving the boot unlocked but still closed.

I''ve played around with it to see if it reoccur's but it seems to be ok now, so i will keep the appointment for next week with the dealer just in case it plays up again.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Bit of an update, everything seems to of righted itself !

just went back to the car after doing some shopping and the doors unlocked as normal, leaving the boot unlocked but still closed.

I''ve played around with it to see if it reoccur's but it seems to be ok now, so i will keep the appointment for next week with the dealer just in case it plays up again.

:thumbup: my mrs corsa when you activate the central locking to open the car the the 2 front electric windows drop down 2 inches :eusa-think: :lol:

A

Anonymous

I've cancelled the dealers tomorrow as the fault has not come back, so i will just keep an eye on things and see how it goes.

A

Anonymous

Funnily enough, this exact same problem has now started on my car. It started yesterday afternoon and the problem is still happening. Popped into my dealership this morning and going to go in again tomorrow when the service manager is on duty. Fingers crossed it's a quick fix.

A

Anonymous

Mine has righted itself, dont know why but after a day or two it just went back to normal ?

The service manager at my local dealers said the have been problems reported with water getting into the boot lock which causes the central locking to play up.

This may be correct because i soaked around my boot with a hose checking for leaks ( different issue) then the next day my lock problem started !

Touch wood though all is ok now .

A

Anonymous

hi just reading your post and I have the same problem just wondering if you managed to get it fixed and what it was?

A

Anonymous

You will need to have the boot lid switch will replaced due to it letting in water, common fault.

I've had a 2nd switch fitted since this thread was originally opened.

Others on her have had the same problem, you can find write ups on other threads.
My 2nd switch was only replaced a couple of months ago, after the 1st replacement lasted about 10 months.

typical symptoms are:
Boot popping open when you lock/unlock doors with remote fob, or when you open any door from the inside. It can also pop open when you pull off and the doors automatically lock.

My boot would even open as I was driving along, I even had issues with the parking sensors due to the water affecting the cars electrics.

The bumper will need to come off to get at the switch.

A

Anonymous

In addition to water causing the boot switch to fault, it can also be a switch slightly out of alignment. I had a new bumper installed (after an idiot on his mobile rear ended me) and the boot occasionally opened when I used the remote. Found cause to be after using the external switch to open the boot, I had pushed the switch slightly on one side and the switch remained jammed in that position. After I realized and pressed the switch in the dead centre, it always returned to the off position and no more random boot openings. I could feel the switch was out of alignment by running fingers along. Worth a look.