What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Central locking probs PLEASE HELP !!

A

Anonymous

For some reason my boot lid has decided to open on its own when I open either of the doors from the inside, it also opens when I use the remote control to unlock the doors.
I'm NOT pressing the fob button for the boot open just the doors, but it still opens.

I've tried deactivating the automatic security lock thing but it's still the same.

It even opens if i pull up and let a passenger out, i have to get out and manualy close it.

Do you think it's something i've done with the central locking or could it be a fault ?

I have tried both fobs and it is the same with both.

A

Anonymous

Possibly an issue within the circuitry or an actuator. We would advise that you take it to your Dealer who will be able to interrogate the system. Drop me a PM to confirm vehicle details and whch Dealer.

A

Anonymous

Well my welsh mate. You can't get a quicker response from Peugeot that that!! 11 minutes and they are onto the case. Personally I believe that it is a security feature fitted by Mi6, following a spate of sheep thefts in and around Cardiff. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
For some reason my boot lid has decided to open on its own when I open either of the doors from the inside, it also opens when I use the remote control to unlock the doors.
I'm NOT pressing the fob button for the boot open just the doors, but it still opens.

I've tried deactivating the automatic security lock thing but it's still the same.

It even opens if i pull up and let a passenger out, i have to get out and manualy close it.

Do you think it's something i've done with the central locking or could it be a fault ?

I have tried both fobs and it is the same with both.

there seems to be a circuit thats intermittingly shorting...........all i can think of is wait for MR H is disconnect the battery the main earth connection for the car.It is under the cover of the engine fuse box i un-done this when fitting the drls its on a threaded rod that holds the fuse box to the engine bay take it off and leave off for up to 5 minutes.this will zero a lot of circuits in the car.reconnect the main earth you wont damage anything by doing this. You will just release any electro magnetic fields which can cause shorting of circuits GREMLINS.ps you will need to fix the clock again thats all.hope this works :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

t110jim said:
has your car been lying for a while not used

No it's used daily .

This has occured over the last 24hrs, in the book it says we can have selective opening of the doors and bootlid, but i havent changed anything since i had the car, from owning it i could press open on the fob and the doors would unlock only, which is fine, if i pressed the "bootlid" button the boot and doors would unlock again this is correct, but now when i unlock the doors the boot unlocks so i have gone into the selective locking on the main display and selected drivers door only, so this now only the drivers door unlocks however if i then open the passenger door to let someone in the boot opens, so the passenger has to go around to the boot before they get in to close the boot, this happens if i press the button on the dash or pull on the door handle.

Earlier today when i locked the doors the boot opened !!!

can someone tell if only both their doors unlock when they press "open" on the fob, because in the book it says everything opens if this pressed , yet i know for sure that up until yesterday only my doors would unlock.

A

Anonymous

jassy do me favour m8 and lock your doors then unlock them to see if both doors unlock, can you also let me know what you "selective access" is on in the main menu.

Also if i disconnect the battery will i lose anything from the sat nav, like speed camera locations , or all my Tom Jones songs from the media center :D
:beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
When I press open on the key fob once, it unlocks the drivers door only. If I press it twice it, it unlocks both doors and also the boot. But the boot doesn't open. It just allows you to open the boot by the button near the rear number plate.

Contact Peugeot Group as he suggests and get it booked in. It's a simple thing that I recall a couple others have experienced.

A

Anonymous

Thanks k,

that is the exact problem my boot is actually popping open when i unlock the doors, like if i have pressed the boot button on the fob.

May be a bit of a coincidence but two nights ago it absolutely hammered down here and i locked up the car but forgot to close down the spoiler, so i'm thinking maybe some water may of found its way into the electrics of the bootlid lock ?

just found a thread from "sandra" with the same issue, it was getting into the bootlid lock, :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
jassy do me favour m8 and lock your doors then unlock them to see if both doors unlock, can you also let me know what you "selective access" is on in the main menu.

Also if i disconnect the battery will i lose anything from the sat nav, like speed camera locations , or all my Tom Jones songs from the media center :D
:beer:

you wont lose memory saved on your cars sat nav hard drive its there forever just like your own home pc mate.its the only thing that i can think of that could remedy this without going to your pueugeot dealer.but doing what i said will free all circuits from electro- magnetic fields.justs like a main frame reboot sort of

A

Anonymous

i'll give it a go in the morning, (I got Bow in the brain cells at the moment too risky) .

Sounds like i got the same prob as what "sandra" had though, water ingress, and i though i had a leak but blamed condensation. :eusa-think:

Cant see why the bumper gotta come off though the locking mechanism is in the actual bootlid along with all the wireing, the only thing behind the bumper is the hook that the lock attaches to, which is fixed and not mechanical at all.

A

Anonymous

Your more paranoid about your car than me............................. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Its the bloody blow up sheep that i keep locked in the boot, one gust of wind and there goes my "happy days hobby" :oops:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Its the bloody blow up sheep that i keep locked in the boot, one gust of wind and there goes my "happy days hobby" :oops:

your a prize guy kerry bhoyo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at least your rear spoiler aint going ejactculating coloured :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Jactac, you need to get the car in as Peugeot Group has said. In the mean time have you tried setting the selective locking so you are only unlocking the drivers door from the fob?

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
Jactac, you need to get the car in as Peugeot Group has said. In the mean time have you tried setting the selective locking so you are only unlocking the drivers door from the fob?

Yeah marcus,
i can select the drivers door and it does just unlock that door but if i then go to open the passenger from the inside to let someone in the boot opens, i know that is supposed to happen as it says so in the book, but i dont think the boot should pop open if i just unlock all the doors with the fob.

Since i've had the car it has been on "ALL DOORS" and it has been fine, if i press unlock everything just unlocks but the boot would stay closed but unlocked, if i pressed the boot button the boot would open and the dorrs would unlock, just like it says in the book, its just now recently the boot pops open if i press the unlock button.

I have a feeling it is water getting in somewhere because i have found some in the tyrewell but just thought it was condensation.

I have booked it in for next thursday, its the earliest they can look at it.

A

Anonymous

no the boot shouldnt physically pop open - sound like the same thing sandra64 had. Peugeot group is on the case..did you pm him the details ?

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
no the boot shouldnt physically pop open - sound like the same thing sandra64 had. Peugeot group is on the case..did you pm him the details ?

yeah all done m8, i will keep you informed.

I just thought i had accidently reset something with my sausage fingers :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I just thought i had accidently reset something with my sausage

Not sure why you would be prodding bits of your car with your sausage....is that another one of those special welsh things :eek: :eusa-think: :lol:

A

Anonymous

I thinks its something in the Welsh air or the water m8, then the sight of a 4 legged woolly cardigan and before you know it it's sausage time :lol: